portajohn

Willie's Earth Shattering News

14 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

What percentage of African-Americans are antivaxxers? 

Higher than other races on average - because of actual history of the government experimenting on their people.  It's tragic in so many ways.  

Where was his God during the NCAA tourney in 2008-2011?

Really? Do you think all God cares about is NCAA titles? Or that because he didn’t win an NCAA title, his God must not be real? If that is your stance, sorry but you lose all credibility.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

3 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Trying to figure out how people are cool with pretty much anything a doctor tells them they should do with their bodies but they don’t trust those same doctors when it comes to the vaccine.  

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's almost like the opioid epidemic - its systemic failings - mostly related to greed - has had additional ramifications as it has undoubtedly impacted the trust that people have on the pharmaceutical and medical industry in general.  And we are feeling the impact of this as it relates to COVID.  I am speculating but I wonder how much distrust is in part related to what has happened related to opioids in our country.  We have very recently demonstrated that greed can become more important than health.  

1 hour ago, Fletcher said:

NU is a better school than OSU and its degree carries more weight in the professional world (unless you're working for T. Boone Pickens apparently). You may not like this, but it's how the world works. For most athletes who choose NU, that's a material factor. Why are we not allowed to talk about it?

Sure, but have you considered that he might have a different idea than you on what a successful and happy life is? Maybe he doesn't want to work in the corporate world. Maybe he wants a long senior level career and then go into coaching. For those two things, OSU is the superior option. Maybe he wants to stay close to home long term? OSU has stronger regional connections than NU. 

You were awful quick to condemn a kid to a life of little success because he chose to go to a lower ranked school. Not everybody wants to be a practicing lawyer for 25 years.

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Hindsight is 20/20, but it's almost like the opioid epidemic - its systemic failings - mostly related to greed - has had additional ramifications as it has undoubtedly impacted the trust that people have on the pharmaceutical and medical industry in general.  And we are feeling the impact of this as it relates to COVID.  I am speculating but I wonder how much distrust is in part related to what has happened related to opioids in our country.  We have very recently demonstrated that greed can become more important than health.  

But my point was that they trust their doctors and pharma for every other little bump, bruise and ailment in their lives. Pop pills like candy. But nooo way Doc when it comes to vaccine. 

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Sure, but have you considered that he might have a different idea than you on what a successful and happy life is? Maybe he doesn't want to work in the corporate world. Maybe he wants a long senior level career and then go into coaching. For those two things, OSU is the superior option. Maybe he wants to stay close to home long term? OSU has stronger regional connections than NU. 

You were awful quick to condemn a kid to a life of little success because he chose to go to a lower ranked school. Not everybody wants to be a practicing lawyer for 25 years.

I did no such thing. You are making things up.

1 minute ago, Fletcher said:

I did no such thing. You are making things up.

"Let's see how many doors that OSU degree opens for him 10 yrs from now when no one cares about his amateur sporting days"

You're not presenting a strong case, counselor.

18 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Trying to figure out how people are cool with pretty much anything a doctor tells them they should do with their bodies but they don’t trust those same doctors when it comes to the vaccine.  

Trump or Fauci - who ya got?

11 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Really? Do you think all God cares about is NCAA titles? Or that because he didn’t win an NCAA title, his God must not be real? If that is your stance, sorry but you lose all credibility.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

No. If God cared about wrestling, Marinelli would have a title, Heil would have beaten Lewallen, and J’den Cox makes weight

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

"Let's see how many doors that OSU degree opens for him 10 yrs from now when no one cares about his amateur sporting days"

You're not presenting a strong case, counselor.

Less doors than Northwestern. Not exactly calling him a lifelong ditchdigger there, am I?

32 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

It wasn't my idea to bring race into this, but I used Fletcher's term.  I'm not sure what an anti-vaxxer could be defined as, but there is a real issue with vax hesitancy among BlPOC + populations.

Also: often not mentioned, because many of us would rather trash each other politically.

i wasn't following the topic closely, sounds like we are on the same page. 

39 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

It wasn't my idea to bring race into this, but I used Fletcher's term.  I'm not sure what an anti-vaxxer could be defined as, but there is a real issue with vax hesitancy among BlPOC + populations.

Also: often not mentioned, because many of us would rather trash each other politically.

It was a joke, you spaz.

4 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Except that the COVID shot isn’t a vaccine by definition 

If anyone needed any more clear evidence that this clown is an insincere troll, it's this quote from his recent post.

Anyone with 5 minutes, a little curiosity, and a small desire to know the truth will find out that this "isn't a vaccine" post is 100% BS.

Antitroll2828 = Troll

51 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Higher than other races on average - because of actual history of the government experimenting on their people.  It's tragic in so many ways.  

I had mentioned the Tuskegee experiment in my original post...

And as I think you are hinting, higher hospitalization and death rates than other races.

Edited by AHamilton

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

Sorry Felcher.  I'm not a huge fan of seeing people called racists without a good reason.  I apologize!

Nobody called you that, but if that's how you took it.....well, a hit dog will howl.

I might’ve missed a discussion of this but isn’t this because of Biden admins health and safety rule? I keep seeing people talk about them getting a job at another university but what university employs under 100 people? 

7 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

If anyone needed any more clear evidence that this clown is an insincere troll, it's this quote from his recent post.

Anyone with 5 minutes, a little curiosity, and a small desire to know the truth will find out that this "isn't a vaccine" post is 100% BS.

Antitroll2828 = Troll

I don't know.  I have co-workers who have said the same thing.  It doesn't mean you're a troll.  You just might be uneducated and/or listen to certain talking points.  A friend of mine is very educated.  Has a JD.  Also says the m-RNA vaccines are not vaccines.  Apparently some people think you need dead (or living) virus to officially make it a vaccine?  I'm pretty sure that isn't a qualification.

Meanwhile as I am wasting time on this site over the past couple hours, my daughter has informed me that her boyfriends father has succumbed to covid after a couple months of hospitalization.  An otherwise healthy 52 year old man. (and no, I'm not making this up)

12 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I had mentioned the Tuskegee experiment in my original post...

And as I think you are hinting, higher hospitalization and death rates than other races.

my apologies - I had missed that you mentioned that already.  

4 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Nobody called you that, but if that's how you took it.....well, a hit dog will howl.

I know that you didn't call me that.  You were calling someone else that, felch.  I don't like cheapshots.

Great looking dog though.

Edited by AHamilton

Just now, flyingcement said:

my apologies - I had missed that you mentioned that already.  

No apologies needed... I mentioned it in my original post, found conflicting literature and edited out most of the post (including that part)

5 minutes ago, jross said:

How does firing two unvaccinated coaches keep the vaccinated safe?

At the moment we have only had preliminary approval for use of Pfizer for ages 5-11, but until that point, all under 12s are vulnerable and we can still carry the physical virus and pass it on to others even if we do not become infected due to our immunity 

2 minutes ago, jross said:

How does firing two unvaccinated coaches keep the vaccinated safe?

Vaxxed people are much less likely to get covid, but not 100% protected. So unvaxxed coaches bring it into the room, infect vaxxed wrestlers, who don't get nearly as sick as the unvaxxed but still can test positive. If this happens right before Big Tens, then the coaches have basically ruined the season for their wrestlers.

As a hiring manager, your college athletic experience jumps off the resume.  It says "I outworked others to achieve success AND I will do the same in this job."  You could be a champion chess player, gamer, knitter, or whatever.  Mention it in your achievements.  

Edited by jross
delete extra word