IronChef

Penn State Schedule

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/9/21/penn-state-nittany-lion-wrestling-team-announces-2021-22-schedule.aspx

No tournaments and limited action compared to many years. I know some coaches thought the reduced COVID schedule was a net positive, and it looks like Cael agreed. I suppose some of their starters could go to an open tournament, but if they stick to this, PSU wrestlers could enter the postseason with around 15 or 16 matches at the most. 

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/9/21/penn-state-nittany-lion-wrestling-team-announces-2021-22-schedule.aspx

No tournaments and limited action compared to many years. I know some coaches thought the reduced COVID schedule was a net positive, and it looks like Cael agreed. I suppose some of their starters could go to an open tournament, but if they stick to this, PSU wrestlers could enter the postseason with around 15 or 16 matches at the most. 

They will get four matches at the National Duals alone.

4 hours ago, IronChef said:

I am guessing there will be more than 10 matches at some meets to get everyone more matches??    I think this can count on NCAA records for seeding even if it is not on the tally for the team score.  Could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Has Penn State been added to the National Duals?  They weren't on the initial press release.

Linked schedule shows:

Mon.-Tue.         20-21  Collegiate Wrestling Duals, Niceville, Fla.

Is this the National Duals?

Northwest Florida State University is in Niceville and that is where the National Duals are going to be. I wonder if they are expanding to 16 teams or that someone dropped out. 

As of now it is (by intermat Dual rankings):
#1 Iowa, #2 Missouri, #4 Penn State, #5 Michigan, #6 NC State, #8 Arizona State, #10 Va Tech, #11 Cornell, #19 Lehigh. So if the rankings maintained. Pools would look like this

Pool 1: Iowa, Cornell, Central Michigan

Pool 2: Missouri, Va Tech, Lehigh

Pool 3: Penn State, Arizona State, Northern Iowa

Pool 4. Michigan, NC State, Oregon State

Hofstra was the other team that was listed. If they add 3 more it would add another dual to the day. 

Since you are not allowed to have a conference opponent in your pool Lehigh would move to the 2nd pool. The last three would be put wherever. But I would venture to guess they wouldn't have Oregon State and Penn State in the same pool. They also may switch Va Tech and Cornell since Missouri would have just wrestled Va Tech two weeks prior. 

Edited by killdozer

9 minutes ago, killdozer said:

Northwest Florida State University is in Niceville and that is where the National Duals are going to be. I wonder if they are expanding to 16 teams or that someone dropped out. 

As of now it is (by intermat Dual rankings):
#1 Iowa, #2 Missouri, #4 Penn State, #5 Michigan, #6 NC State, #8 Arizona State, #10 Va Tech, #11 Cornell, #19 Lehigh. So if the rankings maintained. Pools would look like this

Pool 1: Iowa, Cornell, Central Michigan

Pool 2: Missouri, Va Tech, Lehigh

Pool 3: Penn State, Arizona State, Northern Iowa

Pool 4. Michigan, NC State, Oregon State

Hofstra was the other team that was listed. If they add 3 more it would add another dual to the day. 

Since you are not allowed to have a conference opponent in your pool Lehigh would move to the 2nd pool. The last three would be put wherever. But I would venture to guess they wouldn't have Oregon State and Penn State in the same pool. They also may switch Va Tech and Cornell since Missouri would have just wrestled Va Tech two weeks prior. 

Penn State replaced Michigan, and Hofstra is (presumably) still there).

3 minutes ago, klehner said:

Penn State replaced Michigan, and Hofstra is (presumably) still there).

Thank You

So the pools would look like this

Pool 1: Iowa, Lehigh, Northern Iowa

Pool 2: Missouri, Cornell , Oregon State

Pool 3: Penn State, Va Tech, Hofstra

Pool 4. NC State, Arizona State, Central Michigan

Edited by killdozer