Sign in to follow this  
nom

National Duals are back!

21 minutes ago, nom said:

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/24839

Very cool. 

(One Q about the article - Intermat doesn’t feel that Cornell is a top 22 team?   Does Intermat have respectable rankings?)

Very few of the rankings in the article match the rankings listed on the InterMat site.

Must be Journeyman's own rankings?

For example:

• ASU #4 in article vs # 8 in site rankings
  • Missouri #7 vs #2
  • Va Tech #15 vs #10
  • Northern Iowa #12 vs unranked
  • CMU #22 vs unranked
  • Cornell unranked vs #11
  • Lehigh unranked vs #19
  • Oregon State unranked vs #24
Edited by Wrestleknownothing

3 hours ago, scribe said:

Where’s Penn State?

oh yeah…. Never mind 

The PSU schedule says they wrestle in the Collegiate Wrestling Duals 12/20-21 in Niceville, FL. The Journeyman press release says National Duals on the same dates in Fort Walton Beach, FL at NW Florida State College which is actually in Niceville, FL.

So....

23 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

The PSU schedule says they wrestle in the Collegiate Wrestling Duals 12/20-21 in Niceville, FL. The Journeyman press release says National Duals on the same dates in Fort Walton Beach, FL at NW Florida State College which is actually in Niceville, FL.

So....

Maybe Cael's willing to go now that Koll's not running it, or the NWCA.  

Still, not sure why PSU isn't on the press release if they think they're going.

Just now, BAC said:

Maybe Cael's willing to go now that Koll's not running it, or the NWCA.  

Still, not sure why PSU isn't on the press release if they think they're going.

The press release was from 7 weeks ago and had Michigan. Michigan is no longer going and was replaced by Penn State. So the press release was accurate when it was released.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

The press release was from 7 weeks ago and had Michigan. Michigan is no longer going and was replaced by Penn State. So the press release was accurate when it was released.

So was Cael dragging his feet and not committing, then they get to bump Michigan out, or is Michigan being strict on where they can and cannot go to?  Pretty lousy if they said we're in and get bumped, unless they knew that would happen.

4 hours ago, Swayz said:

So was Cael dragging his feet and not committing, then they get to bump Michigan out, or is Michigan being strict on where they can and cannot go to?  Pretty lousy if they said we're in and get bumped, unless they knew that would happen.

Seems unlikely they would bump Michigan given their lofty dual ranking. If you are going to bump a team, bump one of the bottom ranked. Seems more likely Michigan pulled out for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Seems unlikely they would bump Michigan given their lofty dual ranking. If you are going to bump a team, bump one of the bottom ranked. Seems more likely Michigan pulled out for whatever reason.

Michigan might be banning travel to the Floridas etc like all the Californias are doing.  :(

Great to see PSU there this time.  National duals is one of the best events there is if the best teams show up.  The Minn/OSU event that saw Konrad pinning Mocco in the finals is still probably the best dual meet I can ever remember seeing and that dual rivaled any NCAA tournament in my memory.  

12 hours ago, ionel said:

Michigan might be banning travel to the Floridas etc like all the Californias are doing.  :(

Is this true...if so, WOW...completely ridiculous...once again politicians playing politics at the expense of the kids and young adults...well all of the general public really.

22 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Is this true...if so, WOW...completely ridiculous...once again politicians playing politics at the expense of the kids and young adults...well all of the general public really.

No kidding.  Gov. Desantis is ridiculous.  In any case, it is doubtful that is the reason.

Edited by klehner

15 hours ago, ionel said:

3 hours ago, dman115 said:

3 hours ago, klehner said:

No kidding.  Gov. Desantis is ridiculous.  In any case, it is doubtful that is the reason.

If Michigan is doing the banning then blame Michigan's "Rules for Thee But Not for Me" Gov. Whitmer. 

She banned travel from Michigan to Florida last winter, then she travelled to Florida on a private jet.  

Edited by TBar1977

2 hours ago, klehner said:

I'm sorry...where is he limiting opportunities for kids and college age young adults??  Or is it easier to play politics and spin things to make it look like it is someone else fault for one's own decision...in this case Michigan's and California's decisions not Desantis'.  And as Tbar said..."Rules for Thee But Not for Me".  

12 hours ago, dman115 said:

So you admit you don't know if its true, but you still want to condem it? Often in error, never in doubt.

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

So you admit you don't know if its true, but you still want to condem it? Often in error, never in doubt.

Why is that a hard thing to understand?  If true it is terrible.  If not, who cares and my opinion on the matter still stands because it does and has happened in plenty of other situations.  So do you not like my stance on the matter or is it that I gave my stance on it??

27 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Why is that a hard thing to understand?  If true it is terrible.  If not, who cares and my opinion on the matter still stands because it does and has happened in plenty of other situations.  So do you not like my stance on the matter or is it that I gave my stance on it??

I don't like your logic. You start by saying you don't know, but then you proceed like you do know. That is the kind of reasoning that always derails these threads and turns them into political arguments.