NJDan

Of the times David Taylor and Kyle Dake have wrestled since starting college, who has won more?

I would say David Taylor has won more.  Wikipedia has his freestyle record as 136-18 and Dake as 106-18.  I doubt this is exhastive as Taylors injury default loss to Drew Foster is not listed.  In NCAA competition Taylor was 134-3 and Dake was 137-4.  Pretty sure those numbers do not include NWCA all star matchs.  Dake famously beat Taylor at the 2012 event and Taylor won at the 2013 event.  So 1-1 for Tayor and 1-0 For Dake.  As a redshirt Taylor was 21-2.  Dake did not redshirt.  Totalling it all up Taylor is 292-25 since starting college and Dake is 244-22.  There are probably some matches missing, but not enough for Dake to make up 48 wins.  

23 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

I would say David Taylor has won more.  Wikipedia has his freestyle record as 136-18 and Dake as 106-18.  I doubt this is exhastive as Taylors injury default loss to Drew Foster is not listed.  In NCAA competition Taylor was 134-3 and Dake was 137-4.  Pretty sure those numbers do not include NWCA all star matchs.  Dake famously beat Taylor at the 2012 event and Taylor won at the 2013 event.  So 1-1 for Tayor and 1-0 For Dake.  As a redshirt Taylor was 21-2.  Dake did not redshirt.  Totalling it all up Taylor is 292-25 since starting college and Dake is 244-22.  There are probably some matches missing, but not enough for Dake to make up 48 wins.  

So 292-14 for DT and 233-22 for KD not including H2H?

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Oops, I meant against each other. Thought that was obvious.

I thought you couldn't mean head to head because everyone knows how one-sided the series had been.  Overall is the more interesting question.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So 292-14 for DT and 233-22 for KD not including H2H?

Have they really met 11 times?  There were the three folkstyle matches Dake's senior year.  Wikipedia has 5 freestyle matches in Taylor's record on his page and the same on Dake's.  What are the 11 meetings?

28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If OP is actually serious about this question, it only confirms my every suspicion.  

i can't decide if i want to believe it is all an elaborate act or not...

if it is an act, kaufman would be impressed...

3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I really assumed you meant against other competition.
But yes I think everyone knows Dake owns DT H2H

But that doesn't include all of Taylor's victaylor-dake-at-FARGO-2006-040.thumb.jpg.72e8c1b2c2f9e25f4171bf24b53c5685.jpgtories at junior nationals and the World of Wrestling championships.

2 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Have they really met 11 times?  There were the three folkstyle matches Dake's senior year.  Wikipedia has 5 freestyle matches in Taylor's record on his page and the same on Dake's.  What are the 11 meetings?

Ah no I'm just being a twatwaffle because someone else said eleven earlier in the thread, man.

41 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

The fact that my fellow Oklahoman (little guy with man body) Ladd Rupp took a period off Dake.... Makes this result all the more insignificant hahahaha but I love it fe43c89513423e3e778fd8ae13e8982d.jpg

This was actually a loaded bracket in hindsight.  I didn't know Waters and Futrell also wrestled at that weight.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

But that doesn't include all of Taylor's victaylor-dake-at-FARGO-2006-040.thumb.jpg.72e8c1b2c2f9e25f4171bf24b53c5685.jpgtories at junior nationals and the World of Wrestling championships.

Interesting that Dake has lighter hair as a 30 year old adult than he did as a child. Really is the Benjamin Button of wrestling.