Jump to content
NJDan

Of the times David Taylor and Kyle Dake have wrestled since starting college, who has won more?

Recommended Posts

I would say David Taylor has won more.  Wikipedia has his freestyle record as 136-18 and Dake as 106-18.  I doubt this is exhastive as Taylors injury default loss to Drew Foster is not listed.  In NCAA competition Taylor was 134-3 and Dake was 137-4.  Pretty sure those numbers do not include NWCA all star matchs.  Dake famously beat Taylor at the 2012 event and Taylor won at the 2013 event.  So 1-1 for Tayor and 1-0 For Dake.  As a redshirt Taylor was 21-2.  Dake did not redshirt.  Totalling it all up Taylor is 292-25 since starting college and Dake is 244-22.  There are probably some matches missing, but not enough for Dake to make up 48 wins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fishbane said:

I would say David Taylor has won more.  Wikipedia has his freestyle record as 136-18 and Dake as 106-18.  I doubt this is exhastive as Taylors injury default loss to Drew Foster is not listed.  In NCAA competition Taylor was 134-3 and Dake was 137-4.  Pretty sure those numbers do not include NWCA all star matchs.  Dake famously beat Taylor at the 2012 event and Taylor won at the 2013 event.  So 1-1 for Tayor and 1-0 For Dake.  As a redshirt Taylor was 21-2.  Dake did not redshirt.  Totalling it all up Taylor is 292-25 since starting college and Dake is 244-22.  There are probably some matches missing, but not enough for Dake to make up 48 wins.  

So 292-14 for DT and 233-22 for KD not including H2H?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Oops, I meant against each other. Thought that was obvious.

I thought you couldn't mean head to head because everyone knows how one-sided the series had been.  Overall is the more interesting question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

So 292-14 for DT and 233-22 for KD not including H2H?

Have they really met 11 times?  There were the three folkstyle matches Dake's senior year.  Wikipedia has 5 freestyle matches in Taylor's record on his page and the same on Dake's.  What are the 11 meetings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If OP is actually serious about this question, it only confirms my every suspicion.  

i can't decide if i want to believe it is all an elaborate act or not...

if it is an act, kaufman would be impressed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spladle08 said:

I really assumed you meant against other competition.
But yes I think everyone knows Dake owns DT H2H

But that doesn't include all of Taylor's victaylor-dake-at-FARGO-2006-040.thumb.jpg.72e8c1b2c2f9e25f4171bf24b53c5685.jpgtories at junior nationals and the World of Wrestling championships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fishbane said:

Have they really met 11 times?  There were the three folkstyle matches Dake's senior year.  Wikipedia has 5 freestyle matches in Taylor's record on his page and the same on Dake's.  What are the 11 meetings?

Ah no I'm just being a twatwaffle because someone else said eleven earlier in the thread, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

The fact that my fellow Oklahoman (little guy with man body) Ladd Rupp took a period off Dake.... Makes this result all the more insignificant hahahaha but I love it fe43c89513423e3e778fd8ae13e8982d.jpg

This was actually a loaded bracket in hindsight.  I didn't know Waters and Futrell also wrestled at that weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

But that doesn't include all of Taylor's victaylor-dake-at-FARGO-2006-040.thumb.jpg.72e8c1b2c2f9e25f4171bf24b53c5685.jpgtories at junior nationals and the World of Wrestling championships.

Interesting that Dake has lighter hair as a 30 year old adult than he did as a child. Really is the Benjamin Button of wrestling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...