wrstlingfan937

What college will Jesse Méndez go to?!

He pretty much said in one of his last Flo interviews he is looking some someplace with a strong RTC to help with his international/Olympic aspirations.   While he can always find that post college, it sounded like he was looking for the complete package to be there during college too. 

Edited by MadMardigain

3 hours ago, MadMardigain said:

He pretty much said in one of his last Flo interviews he is looking some someplace with a strong RTC to help with his international/Olympic aspirations.   While he can always find that post college, it sounded like he was looking for the complete package to be there during college too. 

Sounds like he is going to ASU. 

I would really like to see him at Purdue, Méndez can be a program changer. They got some kids in the back up by his weight that if Méndez can get his hands on he could make the greats as well. (Dustin Norris)

What you said but at IU and with Escobedo as a lightweight/middle guy and tsirtsis n Jordan too to work with. He would be a huge program changer and help possibly to get more elite kids to come more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, websterk149 said:

What you said but at IU and with Escobedo as a lightweight/middle guy and tsirtsis n Jordan too to work with. He would be a huge program changer and help possibly to get more elite kids to come more

There has been alot of top Indiana Kids going to IU after Escobedo took over.

Besides donnell Washington and asa who else really? I know a lot of Indiana names have yes, but not elite or big ten ready kids imo. If iu wants to ever not be placing in the last 3 spots of big tens then landing someone like Mendez and keep developing Washington and others would be major points. Plus I really like Escobedo as a human being n coach and want him to do good.

Would have liked to see him and Christian Carroll both stay in Indiana and lure the Lee brothers back home while they are at it :)

Wonder what made him choose Illinois. The Midwest rtc is ran by Fleeger who’s Purdue guy and he’s up in The Region area which is Escobedo hometown. The lee brothers won’t come back but maybe Allred or seltzer or others could! Would be awesome to get the borders more locked down

Indiana has the coaches in place to develop top talent, from light to heavy , at this time. Stacking the room with talent is the natural next step ,if the program is going to ever be relevant. Remember, who the last head coach was, and how long he kept the program in a downward spiral. Eliminating any consideration by instate elites. This went on for 10 or more years. So getting to the point. It isn’t going to happen in two or four years. IU is getting lots of transfers into the program originally from indiana, although not With Mendezs credentials, but solid room material none the less. And all seniors getting offers from Indiana are honestly considering the program as a possible place to wrestle. It’s is a legitimate school, legitimate coaches, with top notch facilities and in the conference that provides the best competition. Soon one of the elites will make the leap for what the program has to offer. Could be Jesse or any of the many others that Indiana high schools put out every year. 

17 hours ago, wrstlingfan937 said:

And none of them have really done much of anything.  Washington being the best and he wasn't even a state champ in IN.

5 hours ago, southend said:

Indiana has the coaches in place to develop top talent, from light to heavy , at this time. Stacking the room with talent is the natural next step ,if the program is going to ever be relevant. Remember, who the last head coach was, and how long he kept the program in a downward spiral. Eliminating any consideration by instate elites. This went on for 10 or more years. So getting to the point. It isn’t going to happen in two or four years. IU is getting lots of transfers into the program originally from indiana, although not With Mendezs credentials, but solid room material none the less. And all seniors getting offers from Indiana are honestly considering the program as a possible place to wrestle. It’s is a legitimate school, legitimate coaches, with top notch facilities and in the conference that provides the best competition. Soon one of the elites will make the leap for what the program has to offer. Could be Jesse or any of the many others that Indiana high schools put out every year. 

How do we know that the coaches can develop talent?  They were all elite wrestlers, but they are young in their coaching careers and really have no track record of developing guys.  I think if IU was a little more established on that end, that maybe Mendez would go there.  But I just think with his aspirations that there are better places for him to go to reach those heights than IU.

18 hours ago, websterk149 said:

I've always thought IU had to be at the top of the list for him because of his hometown connections with "DaRegion".  But that top tier RTC part....