Sign in to follow this  
WreslingSuperior

Jon Jones: people don't ever respect my wrestling

Absolutely ridiculous. Who is Jones even speaking about? Can't be everybody as he's quoted as nearly everybody does exactly the opposite of what he said. He is considered the most lethal in the business with his elbows once on top and he is widely regarded as top notch with his take downs and take down defense. He's never been taken down and he has taken down virtually everyone he's ever faced, including with spectacular throws, suplexs, foot sweeps, and traditional singles and doubles. Is this story being manufactured in order to gain sympathy for the guy when he clearly needs none with regards to his wrestling or top position? This is like if Hendo were to be quoted as saying no one respects his punching power.

What is wrong with Sonnen? Did he have a father issue. Wow, just saw an interview pre fight. He is really full of himself! Sorry never real watched him before this-guess he is like this always? I am gonna root for Jones I guess now after watching that. He has got to be acting I hope. He said when he wins he will fight anyone, including Cormier and destroy them all.

I saw Sonnen vs Silva and Sonnen vs Jones. It is an insult to have Jones not #1 in the p4p rankings. Jones is heads and shoulders the best fighter in the world. Sonnen easily could have beat Silva especially in there 1st fight. Jones simply manhandled him and destroyed him in all aspects of MMA. There is no comparison between Jones and Silva. Silva knows this and would never fight Jones I don't think. Dana white keeps mentioning a superfight betwee GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones. It would be no superfight between Silva/Jones. Silva needs to fight Weidman and GSP then retire. Now I want to see Cormier vs Jones. Jones may win but he will not push Cormier around.

I saw Sonnen vs Silva and Sonnen vs Jones. It is an insult to have Jones not #1 in the p4p rankings. Jones is heads and shoulders the best fighter in the world. Sonnen easily could have beat Silva especially in there 1st fight. Jones simply manhandled him and destroyed him in all aspects of MMA. There is no comparison between Jones and Silva. Silva knows this and would never fight Jones I don't think. Dana white keeps mentioning a superfight betwee GSP/Silva or Silva/Jones. It would be no superfight between Silva/Jones. Silva needs to fight Weidman and GSP then retire. Now I want to see Cormier vs Jones. Jones may win but he will not push Cormier around.

Did you see Vitor vs Anderson and Vitor vs Jones? Vitor nearly broke Jones arm and took his title, narrowly failing to clamp the arm bar in and ending things quickly and swiftly. Anderson on the other hand made short work of Belfort, putting him to sleep in the first round. or perhaps you saw Anderson vs Bonner recently. Although Bonner went 3 grueling rounds with Jones, Silva ended his night quickly in the first round.

Moral? A beats B, B beats C, =/= to A beats C in MMA. MMA math does not work, we should have learned this long ago.

Ask yourself this, since you're making a case for Jones #1 pound for pound, when is the last time he defeated a fighter not coming up from 185, just specifically to fight Jones? Hint: it was over a year ago. Jones may very well be the best p4p fighter in the world, but he certainly hasn't earned the distinction by beating up blown up middle weights, especially ones who are coming off knock out defeats a weight class down.

Anyone can get submitted. Subs are the great equalizer and makes things exciting. This is why people are avoiding the ground and pound, even the wrestlers. Like Cormier not taking down Mir even 1 time. Jones simply beat up sonnen bad. Silva did not even come close to beating up sonnen. I just can not see anyone beating up Jones-maybe a sub but anyone can get subbed. Still counts yes but we are seeing less subs because no one wants to lose like that so they stay off the ground unless that is their only hope to win. the reason Jones has had two week opponents this year is because the year before he beat #1-6 in the Lt Heavy ranks. Now other than Gustafasson he has beat all the top guys unless yu put Cormier in the mix. I wish Jones would go to heavyweight and fight Comier and Cain.

If you saw tonight's fights, you saw Jon Jones take Chael down almost at will. Jones can't quite possibly be that naive as to think no one ever respects his wrestling. Weird thing to be complianing about.

I see it as Jones directing some much needed attention toward wrestling to the mainstream media crowd.

Jon Jones is the best period. Silva is top 5 maybe. He is old but still great yes but Jones is on another level. If he gets careless yes he could get submitted-anyone can get submitted if their not careful but 9 out of 10 he beats everyone up, simple as that and he is only 25! Cormier vs Jones this fall! JOnes and Cormier will probably fight one more time a piece.

Will probably go Gustafasson/JOnes winner vs Cormier/Machida winner. Unless Jones bumps up. Then it is Cormier vs Jones and then Jones vs Cain.

He has great wrestling, and a style of wrestling that caters well to MMA....very explosive with his shots and good Greco skills and balance. He also has some nasty front choke that are augmented by his height in which he used to choke Machida out with.

Maybe a reference toward Ben Askren?

Baskren is outspoken as being the best wrestlerin MMA - and most would agree.

Maybe Jones is speaking about his wrestling level being up to Ben's? That would be an interesting storyline.

MARKETABILITY.

What you see is what you get. I think just using my senses that there are MANY Russians who could kick the snot out of many of these lt/hwt contenders. Doesnt put HOME GROWN Americans in seats.

At the bantam weights the best fighters/kickboxers come from Asia. Wouldnt have a full house of HOME GROWN Americans in the building.

Dont always believe what you see. Sort of like the FIRST Weidman/Silva fight. Anyone else think that the PHANTOM punch wouldnt have knocked out a Toy Poodle ??? or is it possible that LEGAL BETTING in Vegas and the prospects of another payday may be more in line .

MARKETABILITY.

What you see is what you get. I think just using my senses that there are MANY Russians who could kick the snot out of many of these lt/hwt contenders. Doesnt put HOME GROWN Americans in seats.

At the bantam weights the best fighters/kickboxers come from Asia. Wouldnt have a full house of HOME GROWN Americans in the building.

Dont always believe what you see. Sort of like the FIRST Weidman/Silva fight. Anyone else think that the PHANTOM punch wouldnt have knocked out a Toy Poodle ??? or is it possible that LEGAL BETTING in Vegas and the prospects of another payday may be more in line .

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Tekn from another board from a very respected member of the MMA world

John Jones is at a cross roads. He must decide, is he willing to go to hell and back in order to compete with Daniel Cormier? Or will he find a way out put himself in a predicament where he's justified in being defeated,? Or perhaps he can somehow stun the experts and snatch the pebble from his masters hand, in the process shocking the professionals of the mixed martial arts world.

Will Jon jones know how to negotiate the road to victory at ufc 182? Does he have the ability to find his way home from the abyss that is the knowledge and depth of one Daniel Cormier? Does jon jones have the technical ability and mental wear withal to compete with an Olympic Wrestler, bent on systematically destroying him and vanquishing him from the ufc altogether?

Daniel Cormier believes he is on a mission and one where he cannot be denied. He believes he is the superior fighter, the stronger man mentally, and the one who stands atop the proverbial pecking order. If we can adopt DCs perspective for a moment, Jon jones is our rebellious teenage son. He's a scrappy fellow, but he's not above been put across ones knew and dealt out 10 or 15 lashes. 

Jon jones will arrive to the ufc MGM grand garden arena as the reigning light heavyweight champion. When he leaves, the only belt likely to be around his waist is the one strapping him down to a stretcher. 

I believe Cormier is going to bully him and pressure him. He's going to get inside and he's going to clip jon jones. Jones may not have a say in the matter but if he does, he will have to decide whether he is willing to remain in the battle and accept the steep price of competing with Daniel Cormier. 

I believe he will fall or he will be taken down. From there it will be a methodical, painful execution. It will be like a boa engulfing its prey after strangling the life from it. 

Daniel Cormier will reign supreme. He will leave no doubt as he disposes of Jon jones quickly and impressively. 

A broken and humbled Jon jones will not be able to leave under his own power. He will struggle to make sense of the blitzkrieg he is facing and he will fall into a deep depression. all signs will indicate to having found his long lost daddy. 

War DC

Just like I said a year ago on this thread. Jon Jones i sthe best P4P fighter in UFC history. If this was a Wrestling match I am not sure I would have went with Cormier. Maybe a 3-2 victory for Cormier but it would be cose even in a wrestling. Jones is the best in the history of the sport. A few more wins at LHW over Gus, Cormier again and a superfight over the HWY champ then he will be Cael and Saitev. I feel bad for Cormier-all the top titles he was seeking NCAA D1, Olympics, and UFC he ran into the greatest ever type guys. I really do feel bad for him. He gave Cael, Gatsalov, and Jones pretty good matches but in any case would not win any of those bouts even on his best day. And he got all those guys in their primes! Bad freakin luck!

Edited by PRyan2012