• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Hlywdboc1

Hlywdboc1
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

MARKETABILITY.

What you see is what you get. I think just using my senses that there are MANY Russians who could kick the snot out of many of these lt/hwt contenders. Doesnt put HOME GROWN Americans in seats.

At the bantam weights the best fighters/kickboxers come from Asia. Wouldnt have a full house of HOME GROWN Americans in the building.

Dont always believe what you see. Sort of like the FIRST Weidman/Silva fight. Anyone else think that the PHANTOM punch wouldnt have knocked out a Toy Poodle ??? or is it possible that LEGAL BETTING in Vegas and the prospects of another payday may be more in line .

#22 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

MARKETABILITY.

What you see is what you get. I think just using my senses that there are MANY Russians who could kick the snot out of many of these lt/hwt contenders. Doesnt put HOME GROWN Americans in seats.

At the bantam weights the best fighters/kickboxers come from Asia. Wouldnt have a full house of HOME GROWN Americans in the building.

Dont always believe what you see. Sort of like the FIRST Weidman/Silva fight. Anyone else think that the PHANTOM punch wouldnt have knocked out a Toy Poodle ??? or is it possible that LEGAL BETTING in Vegas and the prospects of another payday may be more in line .

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

#23 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Tekn from another board from a very respected member of the MMA world

John Jones is at a cross roads. He must decide, is he willing to go to hell and back in order to compete with Daniel Cormier? Or will he find a way out put himself in a predicament where he's justified in being defeated,? Or perhaps he can somehow stun the experts and snatch the pebble from his masters hand, in the process shocking the professionals of the mixed martial arts world.

Will Jon jones know how to negotiate the road to victory at ufc 182? Does he have the ability to find his way home from the abyss that is the knowledge and depth of one Daniel Cormier? Does jon jones have the technical ability and mental wear withal to compete with an Olympic Wrestler, bent on systematically destroying him and vanquishing him from the ufc altogether?

Daniel Cormier believes he is on a mission and one where he cannot be denied. He believes he is the superior fighter, the stronger man mentally, and the one who stands atop the proverbial pecking order. If we can adopt DCs perspective for a moment, Jon jones is our rebellious teenage son. He's a scrappy fellow, but he's not above been put across ones knew and dealt out 10 or 15 lashes. 

Jon jones will arrive to the ufc MGM grand garden arena as the reigning light heavyweight champion. When he leaves, the only belt likely to be around his waist is the one strapping him down to a stretcher. 

I believe Cormier is going to bully him and pressure him. He's going to get inside and he's going to clip jon jones. Jones may not have a say in the matter but if he does, he will have to decide whether he is willing to remain in the battle and accept the steep price of competing with Daniel Cormier. 

I believe he will fall or he will be taken down. From there it will be a methodical, painful execution. It will be like a boa engulfing its prey after strangling the life from it. 

Daniel Cormier will reign supreme. He will leave no doubt as he disposes of Jon jones quickly and impressively. 

A broken and humbled Jon jones will not be able to leave under his own power. He will struggle to make sense of the blitzkrieg he is facing and he will fall into a deep depression. all signs will indicate to having found his long lost daddy. 

War DC

#24 MadMardigain

MadMardigain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

Jones a solid 5 TD to Cormier 0 (maybe a appreciation point for the one lift) on his way to a unanimous decision. It looks like Jones did find a way to overcome the wrestling advantage of DC in this one.

#25 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

Just like I said a year ago on this thread. Jon Jones i sthe best P4P fighter in UFC history. If this was a Wrestling match I am not sure I would have went with Cormier. Maybe a 3-2 victory for Cormier but it would be cose even in a wrestling. Jones is the best in the history of the sport. A few more wins at LHW over Gus, Cormier again and a superfight over the HWY champ then he will be Cael and Saitev. I feel bad for Cormier-all the top titles he was seeking NCAA D1, Olympics, and UFC he ran into the greatest ever type guys. I really do feel bad for him. He gave Cael, Gatsalov, and Jones pretty good matches but in any case would not win any of those bouts even on his best day. And he got all those guys in their primes! Bad freakin luck!

Edited by PRyan2012, 05 January 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#26 WreslingSuperior

WreslingSuperior

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:24 PM

Cormier a solid throw! Cormier' s broblem was stamina after round 3. Jones is a great wrestler with a great wrestling coach.

#27 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

I'm just glad Jones has a wrestling background so I don't have to hear about a bunch of otherwise reasonable wrestling fans cheering for a loser like Sonnen .
http://deadspin.com/...is-wa-474796344

That's because Jones would never fail a drug test. or wreck his bentley while DWI, right? 

#28 Cletus_Tucker

Cletus_Tucker

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Just like I said a year ago on this thread. Jon Jones i sthe best P4P fighter in UFC history. If this was a Wrestling match I am not sure I would have went with Cormier. Maybe a 3-2 victory for Cormier but it would be cose even in a wrestling. Jones is the best in the history of the sport. A few more wins at LHW over Gus, Cormier again and a superfight over the HWY champ then he will be Cael and Saitev. I feel bad for Cormier-all the top titles he was seeking NCAA D1, Olympics, and UFC he ran into the greatest ever type guys. I really do feel bad for him. He gave Cael, Gatsalov, and Jones pretty good matches but in any case would not win any of those bouts even on his best day. And he got all those guys in their primes! Bad freakin luck!

Yeah but in Cormier's defense, he was fighting a guy blitzed out of his mind on drugs.    

• WreslingSuperior likes this

#29 WreslingSuperior

WreslingSuperior

Silver Member

• Members
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:12 PM

Cormier is 36. There is a big difference...

#30 PRyan2012

PRyan2012

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Cormier did great. Fight was even after three and rounds 4 and 5 he gassed. NO shame in losing to the best ever. If Cormier can win a top 3 fight I think he gets Jones again and with Jones drug issues anything could happen. It is not over yet for Cormier but he just turned 36 but I believe there is one more shot left for him. He has a nack for losing to the greatest ever type guys! No shame in saying I never won a NCCA D1 title due to Sanderson. I never won the Olympics because of Gatsalov. I never won the UFC tile because of Jones-hopefully he gets one more shot at this! If he changes his tactics next fight he can beat Jones and if Jones goes to Heavyweight then Cormier can win a vacant title against Gus or he could lose that one also-Gus is tough. I feel really sorry for him almost getting it done stuff-it's gotta hurt.

• WreslingSuperior likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users