Steven Micic announced he will return for an 8th season…last competed in the ncaa in 2019, kind of ridiculous but Michigan looks to be putting together one hell of a lineup for this upcoming season though …Amine announce he’s returning as well

7 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Nice to see him back.  133 will be intense

RBY - Fix - Rivera - Micic - DeSanto - Myers - Byrd - Phillippi - Cannon 

Does this mean that Ragusin will take a redshirt?  Or challenge Medley for 125?

Assuming Micic goes 133, the only spot for Ragusin to go is 141 or redshirt.  He isn't making 125 and being lethal at this point.

11 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Nice to see him back.  133 will be intense

RBY - Fix - Rivera - Micic - DeSanto - Myers - Byrd - Phillippi - Cannon 

Does this mean that Ragusin will take a redshirt?  Or challenge Medley for 125?

Vito as well?

1 hour ago, goStanford18 said:

Micic graduated high school in 2014. Same class as Snyder, Nickal, and Nolf lol 

133 should be loaded this year 

Yep, high school senior Micic beat high school freshman Nick Lee. Now they finish college together. Would have been better if Micic finished after.

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yep, high school senior Micic beat high school freshman Nick Lee. Now they finish college together. Would have been better if Micic finished after.

Similar to me brother and I.  I was born almost two years before he was, but he is actually older now.  I've got a lot of growing up to do

4 years undergrad.  4 years for Doctorate.  He is getting one right?  Better be. Why else be on campus that long?  Perhaps folks should call him Dr. Micic.  An honorary doctorate in wrestling?

3 minutes ago, nom said:

4 years undergrad.  4 years for Doctorate.  He is getting one right?  Better be. Why else be on campus that long?  Perhaps folks should call him Dr. Micic.  An honorary doctorate in wrestling?

Didn't he take 2 Olympic years? Meaning he wasn't on campus those years. (Still pretty weird)

3 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Didn't he take 2 Olympic years? Meaning he wasn't on campus those years. (Still pretty weird)

Oh, Olympic redshirts require the student leave campus and take no courses?  I’m finding that they need to train just for the Olympics but I’m not finding that they must leave school.

Edited by nom

1 minute ago, nom said:

Oh, Olympic redshirts require the student leave campus and take no courses?

I know they did a few years ago (or at least that's how they were used by everyone I saw). I couldn't find the wording in the compliance manual more recently any more but those things are designed to not be able to figure things out in the first place. I used to liken them to reading James Joyce's Ulysses. 500 pages of gibberish.

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

He technically took 3 Olympic years.

2016, 2020, and 2021

2014- Graduated high school
2015- Redshirt at Northwestern
2016- Olympic redshirt at Michigan
2017- wrestle
2018- wrestle
2019- wrestle
2020- Olympic redshirt
2021- Olympic redshirt/covid year
2022- Grand finale

Edited by BobDole

2 hours ago, jackwebster said:

About 6-7 years after college when I was coaching, I would have these dreams about somehow returning to college/high school wrestling and competing another four years. It was an anxiety dream where I kept worrying about getting caught.

I still have that dream; and let me tell you, trying to make weight at age 50+ really sucks!

Edited by red blades

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Is he also transferring to Iowa to join Grandpas Marinelli, Kemererer and Eireman?

34 minutes ago, iGranby said:

You mean...

??? ThE RidDleR!?!?!? >;D ????

Marinelli is normal college age he just looks like a 40 year old man….Spencer is actually older then Marinelli , pretty sure Spencer will be 23 before season and The bull turns 23 sometime during the season …Young is in the same boat as Spencer ….Iowa will start 4 guys 23 or older this season and finish with atleast 6 guys that age or older…does anyone know if any team has ever done anything like that? 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Marinelli is normal college age he just looks like a 40 year old man….Spencer is actually older then Marinelli , pretty sure Spencer will be 23 before season and The bull turns 23 sometime during the season …Young is in the same boat as Spencer ….Iowa will start 4 guys 23 or older this season and finish with atleast 6 guys that age or older…does anyone know if any team has ever done anything like that? 

Maybe some teams after WW2 with the G.I. Bill. 

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

That’s what I was thinking , I know Dan hodge was like 25 his senior year,

Max Dean should be 25 by the time he (assumedly) graduates.  Vito might be 25 when he graduates (greyshirt, compete, ORS, COVID, 3x compete), Yianni 24.