Sign in to follow this  
toprankwrestling

Whats your BEST Inspirational/Motivating Quote?

http://toprankwrestling.com/101-top-rank-information/365-inspiration-for-april-25-2013

What is your personal best, inspirational or motivational quote, speech, saying or short story?

Post it here and toprankwrestling.com will publish the winner under its daily inspiration.

Top Rank Wrestling.

"Whether you think you can or can't, you're probably right."

a close second would be

"Man who catch fly with chopstix accomplish ANYTHING!"

I am not sure how to post on the top rank wrestling site, maybe I have to register

"One hour of life, crowded to the full with glorious action, and filled with noble risks, is worth whole years of those mean observances of paltry decorum, in which men steal through existence, like sluggish waters through a marsh, without either honor or observation." -Walter Scott

One I like is an excerpt from a speech delivered by Teddy Roosevelt at the Sorbonne in 1910:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Here's a couple from Herb Brooks that I like:

"You don't have enough talent to win on talent alone"

"You're getting worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month"

He also had possibly one of the greatest pre event motivational statements of all time in what he told his team right before their last game of the 80 Olympics. Keep in mind, they had already pulled off the major upset over the Soviet Union, yet if they lost their last game, it was possible they would go from the greatest upset is sports and a gold medal to not even medaling.

"If you lose this game, you'll take it to your F-ing grave" -turns around and starts to walk out, stops, turns and says - "to your F-ing grave"