Swayz

Most Improved D1 team will be? Why?

On 10/1/2021 at 1:09 PM, southend said:

Finally, this is what I was waiting for. New coaches. Last year they started big, then died. They do have some talent. 

If they don't win and win soon it will appear as there is a "Champaign Curse". 

On 10/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, nhs67 said:

Well Caffey and Malczewski are Soph/Junior so that wouldn't matter.  Unless Malczewski and Caffey drop back down, Vasbinder needs to go up.

Have either RS yet? 

On 9/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, klehner said:

Princeton pretty much covers any expenses that the family of the student can't handle.

What's the opportunity cost of *not* getting a Princeton degree?

Princeton has Glory @ 125, Monday @ 157, Cuomo @ 165, and Stefanik @ 184, and very much nothing at the other weight classes.

I like Keller. What's the cliche? "Jump levels"? I look for him to "jump levels"?

43 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Same here.  Not sure Amine can beat Hidlay either.

If Hidlay isn't allowed to throw haymakers, Amine beats him every time.  He's just a better wrestler.  Brooks-Amine is a helluva match, though.

20 hours ago, nhs67 said:

If Hidlay isn't allowed to throw haymakers, Amine beats him every time.  He's just a better wrestler.  Brooks-Amine is a helluva match, though.

You do realize the last time they wrestled Hidlay beat him, right?  Granted, it was in Freestyle, but I don’t see mat wrestling being a factor for either side, so I wouldn’t be so confident. Would I favor Amine? Sure. But, it is quite a bit closer than you portray. 

8 hours ago, MSU158 said:

You do realize the last time they wrestled Hidlay beat him, right?  Granted, it was in Freestyle, but I don’t see mat wrestling being a factor for either side, so I wouldn’t be so confident. Would I favor Amine? Sure. But, it is quite a bit closer than you portray. 

Did you even watch the match?  If you did, how could you not put my comment into perspective.  Hidlay punched him in the back of the head so fckn hard it knocked him out for a clean second.  If he isn't allowed to fist fight during the wrestling match, Amine wins.  Easily.

11 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Did you even watch the match?  If you did, how could you not put my comment into perspective.  Hidlay punched him in the back of the head so fckn hard it knocked him out for a clean second.  If he isn't allowed to fist fight during the wrestling match, Amine wins.  Easily.

Yeah, I watched it multiple times. Nothing illegal and the guy is a flat out clubber. That is how he wrestles. Hell, he literally throws his under hooks harder than he clubbed him in that match. 

Now, I wasn’t saying Myles isn’t the better overall wrestler. But, Hidlay has beat him before and if Amine can lose to Ferrari he can lose to Hidlay again. 

With all that said, I would pick Amine to win it all at 184, but he simply isn’t as far ahead of Hidlay as you think he is. 

3 hours ago, MSU158 said:

Yeah, I watched it multiple times. Nothing illegal and the guy is a flat out clubber. That is how he wrestles. Hell, he literally throws his under hooks harder than he clubbed him in that match. 

Now, I wasn’t saying Myles isn’t the better overall wrestler. But, Hidlay has beat him before and if Amine can lose to Ferrari he can lose to Hidlay again. 

With all that said, I would pick Amine to win it all at 184, but he simply isn’t as far ahead of Hidlay as you think he is. 

I don't think he's far enough ahead to call it a 'lock' either. 

What I am saying is I do think most refs call that a C1 in folkstyle.  It was the most brutal club I have seen him throw in any style.  If that happens and Hidlay actually has to wrestle, instead of fist fight, then I do believe Amine wins relatively easily.

That said, those are a lot if 'What ifs' there and this isn't Disney+ so it is a pointless argument for me to make.

Hidlay damn near won after brutalizing Moore at 92 keggers at WTT.  Moore wasn't a small 97 kegger gent.

Guy is just a damn brute.

Edited by nhs67