Jimmy Cinnabon

Bouzakis to Ohio State

19 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

tOSU has a real possibility to land the top 3 in that class....Already have Feldman and Bouzakis,  just need Mendez now..

Aren't Bouzakis and Mendez both projected to wrestle at 141 in college?

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

And yet, despite not even practicing top or bottom wrestling, they still have outperformed every team except Iowa and PSU over the past decade.  

I don't know so i'm gonna ask, you know we are in total agreement on this right? I'm not saying they dont perform, just that they should perform better based on what they are working with.

I don't know so i'm gonna ask, you know we are in total agreement on this right? I'm not saying they dont perform, just that they should perform better based on what they are working with.
Didn't one of their guys win a world title while still in college? It's been awhile, maybe I was dreaming.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Didn't one of their guys win a world title while still in college? It's been awhile, maybe I was dreaming.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Honestly, until the first few matches at this Olympics, I felt that "that guy" was a better freestyler when he was competing as a collegian.

12 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

yeah and then he decided his training situation sucked and left.

It sucked so bad he won 3 ncaa titles . 3 world championships and a Olympic gold medal.  Also was 2nd  his true freshman year.. Wow what a awful training situation..

If they can get Mendez, they might be top 2/3 for 2/3 years there their Junior/Senior years.  Bouzakis and Mendez would need to man 133/141, Sasso at 157, then their slew of 141 gents at 149.  Something like that.

Anyone care to give a stab at how their lineup would look IF they put out their 'best' lineup these gents True Frosh seasons?

How does this lineup fill out for 2022-2023?

125-Heinselman

133-Mendez/Bouzakis

141-Bouzakis/Mendez

149-D'Emilio/Echemendia

157-Sasso

165-Gallagher

174-Kharchla

184-Smith/Romero

197-Jordan/Hoffman

285-Feldman

They take bumps, yes.  They lose Heinselman, Smith, and Romero then they can put out:

125-???

133-Mendez/Bouzakis

141-Bouzakis/Mendez

149-D'Emilio/Echemendia

157-Sasso

165-Gallagher

174-Kharchla

184-Jordan

197-Hoffman (Shumate)

285-Feldman

Then they pull a mass redshirt after Sasso's senior year.  If these 'surefire' recruits are what they are, then Sasso's senior year can they contend?

Interesting that wrestlestat has Echemendia at 133,  with their 165-184 all bumping up a weight from last year.  The 'official' roster lists Ech at 141, does have true frosh listed at weights expected, and has everyone at the weights they were last season (Smith at 165, Romero at 174, Jordan at 184).

Intermat put out an article on how Ohio State has done with top 10 recruits since Tommy got there. They have now signed 21 top 10 recruits

Of those, 4 have yet to wrestle(Kharchla, Bouzakis, Feldman, and Gallagher).

Champs- 4(Snyder 3x, Stieber 4x, Tomasello, and Martin)
All-Americans- 5(Jordan x2, Sasso, Pletcher, H. Stieber)
Qualifiers- 1(Singletary)
Did not qualify- 4(Decatur with 2 years left, Hoffman with 2 years left, Collin Palmer, and Sean Nemec)
Transfers- 3(Thomas Haines, Andrew Campolattano, and Kerkvliet)

Both Tomasello and Martin won NCAA's as freshmen and did not win it again. You could likely bump Pletcher to champion status as he was a heavy favorite.

Edited by BobDole
Fixed the second paragraph

52 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Intermat put out an article on how Ohio State has done with top 10 recruits since Tommy got there. They have now signed 21 top 10 recruits

Of those, 17 have yet to wrestle(Kharchla, Bouzakis, Feldman, and Gallagher).

Did not qualify- 4(Decatur with 2 years left, Hoffman with 2 years left, Collin Palmer, and Sean Nemec)

Both Tomasello and Martin won NCAA's as freshmen and did not win it again. You could likely bump Pletcher to champion status as he was a heavy favorite.

Of those you mean 4, not 17, have yet to wrestle. Correct?

1 hour ago, BobDole said:

Of those, 17 have yet to wrestle(Kharchla, Bouzakis, Feldman, and Gallagher).

I dunno about heavy favorite.  Him and Lee had just traded wins.  I would have picked Lee in a match up.  In fact, I believe I Was stubbornly, all year, saying the matches, if all wrestled, would go:  Round 1:  Lee, Round 2:  Pletcher; and Round 3:  Lee.  And obviously I'm the arbiter of these things.

Edited by VakAttack

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

Of those 17, 4 have yet to wrestle...

Yousa bea wronga, too.  Technically,  it is:  "Of those 21, 4 have yet to wrestle."  Since, 21-4 is 17.  I can see how he misplaced 17 into the 4 slot and then further got you to incorrectly use 17 as well!!!!