Jump to content
Jimmy Cinnabon

Bouzakis to Ohio State

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

Right - which is why I asked if WySem wrestled last year. I wasn't sure if they were a team that would be lumped into the "didn't wrestling last year" group. The WEBSITE I checked, didn't have the updated schedule. Moreover, the results on the HOMEPAGE only went to 2020. And to extend it further, if they didn't wrestle last year, are they wrestling this year? But it looks like they are. 

Thanks for the schedule. Best of luck Knights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RealAmericanHero said:

Right - which is why I asked if WySem wrestled last year. I wasn't sure if they were a team that would be lumped into the "didn't wrestling last year" group. The WEBSITE I checked, didn't have the updated schedule. Moreover, the results on the HOMEPAGE only went to 2020. And to extend it further, if they didn't wrestle last year, are they wrestling this year? But it looks like they are. 

Thanks for the schedule. Best of luck Knights!

That wasn't from their regular page. Not sure what that means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2021 at 5:55 PM, hammerlockthree said:

I could just list teams that have beaten them but I'm trying to be intellectually honest about the nature of the discussion, you know as opposed to making sneering cheap remarks and talking to a non-existent person who says they have no credentials.

And beyond that you are being willfully ignorant. My whole point is that that tOSU punches well below their weight in terms of recruiting, they're basically a ferrari with go cart tires. Their guys peak as freshmen, someones always out of shape, their mat wrestling sucks, look for hustle positions like mat returns and short offense scores and you are gonna see a giant holes, then you get to 5 star recruits like decatur who are just a total embarrassment...

 

A Ferrari with go cart tires that's one of 3 programs to win a title since 2008, won 3 Big 10 titles over historically dominant Penn State teams, scored the most points ever as runner up, and averaged ~90 points a year at NCAA's over a 10 year stretch?  I'd say it was more like F1 Ferrari trying to chase down Mercedes.  

I'm not being willfully ignorant, I'm well aware of where they've struggled, what their deficiencies are.  They're far from perfect, but they're still quite good. Obviously no one is thrilled with Decatur's development.  I'm not going to speculate what the issues are, but he came in with zero scholarship $, if that gives you any indication of what their commitment was.  

If you want to parrot the same Tomasello and Martin takes because they both won unlikely titles as freshmen, be my guest.  You're only telling on yourself, as it's completely lacking in nuance.  Willfully lacking, you might even say.  

 

Edited by steamboat_charlie v2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

A Ferrari with go cart tires that's one of 3 programs to win a title since 2008, won 3 Big 10 titles over historically dominant Penn State teams, scored the most points ever as runner up, and averaged ~90 points a year at NCAA's over a 10 year stretch?  I'd say it was more like F1 Ferrari trying to chase down Mercedes.  

I'm not being willfully ignorant, I'm well aware of where they've struggled, what their deficiencies are.  They're far from perfect, but they're still quite good. Obviously no one is thrilled with Decatur's development.  I'm not going to speculate what the issues are, but he came in with zero scholarship $, if that gives you any indication of what their commitment was.  

If you want to parrot the same Tomasello and Martin takes because they both won unlikely titles as freshmen, be my guest.  You're only telling on yourself, as it's completely lacking in nuance.  Willfully lacking, you might even say.  

 

great move, agree with me then posture like you aren't so you can look cool on the forum or something...

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 5:51 PM, hammerlockthree said:

great move, agree with me then posture like you aren't so you can look cool on the forum or something...

You said Ohio State underachieves, can't develop, peak as freshmen. On all of those points, I disagree. You also said they've struggled with mat wrestling. On that point, we can agree. 

Always happy to look cool, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...