Katie

US-based wrestlers competing for other countries/federations this year

5 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

We're all about to get, 'woke' again...

Literally I have no idea what you’re talking about. Is the term “federation” the subject of some sort of cultural dispute these days?

Puerto Rico is not a foreign country, but they have their own wrestling federation or committee.  Most athletes, however, represent sovereign countries, based on the selection criteria of their country’s federation or committee.

I just used the term federation because I noticed that the Russian athletes were representing “RWF” which I assume is the Russian Wrestling Federation. 

Do you have a better term to offer?

1 hour ago, Katie said:

Literally I have no idea what you’re talking about. Is the term “federation” the subject of some sort of cultural dispute these days?

Puerto Rico is not a foreign country, but they have their own wrestling federation or committee.  Most athletes, however, represent sovereign countries, based on the selection criteria of their country’s federation or committee.

I just used the term federation because I noticed that the Russian athletes were representing “RWF” which I assume is the Russian Wrestling Federation. 

Do you have a better term to offer?

This was a very long response to a very short statement...

21 hours ago, Katie said:

I see Micic, Rivera, Colin Realbuto, Mitchell Finesilver, Malik Amine, and Ethan Ramos.

Anyone else?

Heavies Dhesi (CAN), Hemdia(EGY), Heino (FIN) all wrestled in the US

47 minutes ago, Jim L said:

Heavies Dhesi (CAN), Hemdia(EGY), Heino (FIN) all wrestled in the US

Dhesi is Canadian. He just came to the US for college. Not sure about the other two.

Back to OP's ? - 74 kg has 3 other Americas besides Dake in the bracket - Nestor Tafur Columbia, Mitch Finesilver Israel, and Malik Amine San Marino. 

65 kg has 2 other than Yianni - S. Rivera Puerto Rico & C Realbuto Italy

- 86 kg has E Ramos Puerto Rico - 

125 kg has Hemida Egypt and Heino Finland ( I don't know either guys nationality but they attended college in US)  As said previously Dhesi is Canadian

I think that's everyone - guys who didn't show up who typically wrestle for a foreign federation  include  S Micic Serbia Myles Amine San Marino & D Habat Slovenia

42 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Back to OP's ? - 74 kg has 3 other Americas besides Dake in the bracket - Nestor Tafur Columbia, Mitch Finesilver Israel, and Malik Amine San Marino. 

65 kg has 2 other than Yianni - S. Rivera Puerto Rico & C Realbuto Italy

- 86 kg has E Ramos Puerto Rico - 

125 kg has Hemida Egypt and Heino Finland ( I don't know either guys nationality but they attended college in US)  As said previously Dhesi is Canadian

I think that's everyone - guys who didn't show up who typically wrestle for a foreign federation  include  S Micic Serbia Myles Amine San Marino & D Habat Slovenia

It looks like Franklin Gomez of Puerto Rico isn’t competing, either. Shame. He’s really fun to watch.

Swoll Rivera is going to once again regret not staying down at 57, or even 61 for that matter. Can’t be one foot in and one foot out at the top level even as weak as 65 is for this tourney.

Swoll Rivera is going to once again regret not staying down at 57, or even 61 for that matter. Can’t be one foot in and one foot out at the top level even as weak as 65 is for this tourney.

This.

If he’s really going 133 this season, hopefully he’s already started getting smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk