The Take Out

When does Northwestern fire Howe and Kennedy?

4 hours ago, Fletcher said:

My guess is Howe got an extension of the deadline and will comply. I will feel bad for Kennedy when the NLWC inevitably requires the covid vax in the near future.

20 minutes ago, dman115 said:

If you are vaccinated WHO CARES!!  

Me, because I can still get a breakthrough case and give it to my 16 week-old son. Why What right does Jimmy Kennedy have to put my newborn unnecessarily at risk for short-term and/or long-term effects that can be easily avoided with a trip to Walgreens?

Edited by bnwtwg
ETA: changed "why" to "what"

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Me, because I can still get a breakthrough case and give it to my 16 week-old son. Why What right does Jimmy Kennedy have to put my newborn unnecessarily at risk for short-term and/or long-term effects that can be easily avoided with a trip to Walgreens?

Wait WHAT ?!?!?! 

So you acknowledge that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people get covid.  Yet, you are somehow blaming someone who is not vaccinated for your hypothetical covid case and hypothetical transmission.  

You have been fully vaccinated, but worry about both getting covid and transmitting it.  Have you honestly thought about the logic of having such minimal faith in the vaccine...yet getting upset about someone choosing not to get it.  

12 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

Wait WHAT ?!?!?! 

So you acknowledge that both vaccinated and unvaccinated people get covid.  Yet, you are somehow blaming someone who is not vaccinated for your hypothetical covid case and hypothetical transmission.  

You have been fully vaccinated, but worry about both getting covid and transmitting it.  Have you honestly thought about the logic of having such minimal faith in the vaccine...yet getting upset about someone choosing not to get it.  

Its not hypothetical - overwhelming data that your false equivalency ignores.  When you fail to vaccinate, you unnecessarily increase the risk to all in your community and circle of contacts.   When many do so, it has a snowball effect and more lives are lost and many more get long-haul covid (or in the case of a wrestling team may miss matches and key tourneys).

3 minutes ago, scribe said:

Until his son can get vax, he has every right to feel threatened by others lack of civic concern 

I'm not arguing that he can/can't feel a certain way.  I'm questioning the logic in blaming another person when he is literally saying he is fully vaccinated yet blaming someone unvaccinated because HE/HIMSELF (vaccinated person) could get covid from another vaccinated person and he as a vaccinated person be the one to transmit it.  But he wants to single out someone choosing not to get it.  

Facts: 

Fully Vaccinated person can get covid AND transmit covid.

Fully Vaccinated person can get covid from unvaccinated person OR vaccinated person.

Fully Vaccinated person can transmit covid to a unvaccinated person or vaccinated person.  

I know they initially 'science' said that getting the vaccine meant that you would not get covid....which now 'science' has shifted to say it just protects you against symptoms of covid.  Consequently, it should not necessarily matter whether someone chooses not to get vaccinated - because you are already protected against the symptoms (not getting/transmitting). 

1 minute ago, Elevator said:

Its not hypothetical - overwhelming data that your false equivalency ignores.  When you fail to vaccinate, you unnecessarily increase the risk to all in your community and circle of contacts.   When many do so, it has a snowball effect and more lives are lost and many more get long-haul covid (or in the case of a wrestling team may miss matches and key tourneys).

Look at the data for school/college age children who have no significant health impairments.  They have roughly a 100% chance of recovery if they get covid.  

And my referring to 'hypothetical' was referencing his 'made up' or hypothetical scenario in which he said that Jimmy Kennedy is putting his newborn at risk.  Cmon man. 

2 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

I'm not arguing that he can/can't feel a certain way.  I'm questioning the logic in blaming another person when he is literally saying he is fully vaccinated yet blaming someone unvaccinated because HE/HIMSELF (vaccinated person) could get covid from another vaccinated person and he as a vaccinated person be the one to transmit it.  But he wants to single out someone choosing not to get it.  

Facts: 

Fully Vaccinated person can get covid AND transmit covid.

Fully Vaccinated person can get covid from unvaccinated person OR vaccinated person.

Fully Vaccinated person can transmit covid to a unvaccinated person or vaccinated person.  

I know they initially 'science' said that getting the vaccine meant that you would not get covid....which now 'science' has shifted to say it just protects you against symptoms of covid.  Consequently, it should not necessarily matter whether someone chooses not to get vaccinated - because you are already protected against the symptoms (not getting/transmitting). 

This is 100% false.  No vaccine is 100% effective immunity and that of course is not required to make the case that it is everyone duty to get vaccinated to protect our communities and country.   With reasoning like this we would all still be dying of smallpox and struggling with polio.  There is an enormous difference in the risks posed by unvaccinated persons and vaccinated persons - enormous.   You overlook that with a nonesense argument.

2 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

This is 100% untrue, and highlights your ignorance. It was never said that any of the vaccinations available for COVID would make you completely immune. That is simply not how it works. If this was said, it was likely not by someone who has an actual understanding of how vaccinations work. 

You either misunderstood something, were given/read/watched some very, very, very misleading information, or just don't have the desire to try and understand how it works.

I am not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, if I can understand how it works anyone can. Call and ask a doctor, they can give a very detailed explanation, and maybe a history lesson on some relevant topics to help enrich your understanding. 

14 hours ago, scribe said:

I won’t feel bad for him. It’s easy and painless to get. And highly effective. 

Highly effective.  Can we agree that this has been the path of science in the past year ...

1- Get the vaccine - you won't get covid.

2 - Get the vaccine and you can be mask free !  And we will even throw some fast food, donuts, sporting tickets your way.

3 - Ok.  We've had some breakthrough cases - but they are very rare.

4 - Ok, let's put our masks on again and maybe even lock down again.

5 - I think we should talk about booster shot.

6 - "Vaccines don't protect you from getting the virus"  they just reduce symptoms.

7 - It's the unvaccinated people's faults

8 - Fire the unvaccinated people 

Sounds super effective to me ..lol 

3 minutes ago, Dartsingle said:

Look at the data for school/college age children who have no significant health impairments.  They have roughly a 100% chance of recovery if they get covid.  

And my referring to 'hypothetical' was referencing his 'made up' or hypothetical scenario in which he said that Jimmy Kennedy is putting his newborn at risk.  Cmon man. 

Again, your first paragraph is a preposterous conclusion regarding the facts.   We do not yet know the long term effects of long haul covid.  The fact that younger people (who do not have other health problems) are less likely to die miserable deaths than older people and younger people with health problems that make them more vulnerable is NOT an excuse to do the obviously responsible thing to protect others.   

1 minute ago, Dartsingle said:

Highly effective.  Can we agree that this has been the path of science in the past year ...

1- Get the vaccine - you won't get covid.

2 - Get the vaccine and you can be mask free !  And we will even throw some fast food, donuts, sporting tickets your way.

3 - Ok.  We've had some breakthrough cases - but they are very rare.

4 - Ok, let's put our masks on again and maybe even lock down again.

5 - I think we should talk about booster shot.

6 - "Vaccines don't protect you from getting the virus"  they just reduce symptoms.

7 - It's the unvaccinated people's faults

8 - Fire the unvaccinated people 

Sounds super effective to me ..lol 

Again, a slew of mistatements starting with #1.   It is FALSE that anyone knowledgeable every said it is 100% effective - but it is an extremely effective vaccine.  Your argument fails entirely at step one and there are a slew of false premises and poor reasoning in each of your next steps.

4 minutes ago, Elevator said:

This is 100% false.  No vaccine is 100% effective immunity and that of course is not required to make the case that it is everyone duty to get vaccinated to protect our communities and country.   With reasoning like this we would all still be dying of smallpox and struggling with polio.  There is an enormous difference in the risks posed by unvaccinated persons and vaccinated persons - enormous.   You overlook that with a nonesense argument.

I don't think most people refusing the vaccine are doing it because they are against the vaccinations in general.  I think most people do not trust the speed at which this vaccine was delivered and the continual progression of ineffectiveness that has occurred.  On top of that, when you tell someone they don't have a choice in the matter despite all of this, it creates push back.  

Just over 1/2 the population is fully vaccinated - that number will be significantly lower as I expect even more pushback when a 3rd dose is required to be considered fully vaccinated.  

I respect anyone who wants to be vaccinated and I am not anti vaccination; I just don't trust the science at this point.  5 years from now, I might be first in line to get it.