The Take Out

When does Northwestern fire Howe and Kennedy?

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Do you get paid to spread this nonsense or do you actually just spend your free time crapping out of your mouth? 

random internet guy who the hell are you to tell people what their civic responsibility is? 

honestly the audacity of some of you people to say things like “people should lose their jobs” and shaming people for a personal choice, like what is wrong with you? Who hurt you? Where does this irrational anger for strangers you’ve never met come from? There has been more adverse reactions to these “vaccines” then any others in history and yet people like you think you better than anyone else.

Read the parts where I say "In my opinon" and "IMO" then think again, troll. I am entitled to my opinion - even if you don't like it.

4 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

It’s happening in about 20 different states 

Doubtful, based on your history. Even if that were partially true, you do know there is a difference between bed capacity and staffing levels, right? Staff are undeniably vital to the proper functioning of a medical facility, but if all the ER and ICU beds are taken up, no amount of additional janitors and med techs is going to make a difference

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Read the parts where I say "In my opinon" and "IMO" then think again, troll. I am entitled to my opinion - even if you don't like it.

Funny because you honestly believe that other people shouldn’t be entitled to their opinion ,you mock them, shame them , attempt to talk down to them and say crazy things like they should lose their job …so you want to have your opinion but think others should be punished for theirs because you think you know better then them 

6 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I've heard from Q posts on facebook that it's the deep state behind this. Those videos of full ICU's were filmed at the same fake studio where they filmed the so-called moon landing. The 'actors' were actually abducted from a pizza parlor and forced at gunpoint to be filmed before being sold to a sex trafficking ring operated by illegal Mexicans and funded by Northwestern University and big pharma.

Very depressing to read some of these posters. So much for my argument that wrestling is a sport appreciated largely by people with intellect.

Funny because you honestly believe that other people shouldn’t be entitled to their opinion ,you mock them, shame them , attempt to talk down to them and say crazy things like they should lose their job …so you want to have your opinion but think others should be punished for theirs because you think you know better then them 

More typical troll.

You attack me and cry foul about me attacking you. Re-read your posts - you've been personally attacking me. Not the other way around.

3 hours ago, olddirty said:

Natural immunity has scientifically been proven to be anywhere from 13 to 27 times more effective against covid than the vaccine, yet we scream at people who wont take an unnecessary medical injection because they are dangerous, all while not understanding the naturally immune we are screaming at are over ten fold more immune than the ones who got the injection.  Maybe Kennedy already had it and is better equipped against the virus than many people calling him a danger to society or somehow morally corrupt for not going along with the narrative "just let them inject you idiot".  These, btw, are the same people running a slogan "protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated" and calling for a 4th injection to be safe.  Perspective seems to be a premium the last 6 years

Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, wasn't the Israeli study done with people who had received a 3rd shot of mRNA vaccine? " Fully vaccinated" in Israel is having a third shot, correct?

Natural immunity has also shown the ability to adapt to variants better as well?

This is all very interesting to me.  I had an unpleasant case of Covid, and am vaccinated.  Before the Israeli study came out, I was beginning to wonder why I was reading about cases that break through the vaccine, but not cases that break through natural immunity.  

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

More typical troll.

You attack me and cry foul about me attacking you. Re-read your posts - you've been personally attacking me. Not the other way around.

You talk down to literally everyone that has a differing opinion not just me and now you re the victim…and yet still no actual rebuttal to anything? Why do you assume that you know better someone like Jimmy Kennedy ? 

25 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That's as big of a troll post as I've seen you post, you're just trying to confuse the issue and muddy the water here.

Here is what we're actually talking about in terms of wrestling and the NU coaches:

1. Reckless Coaches = Those who haven't had Covid, and aren't vaccinated. In this scenario, approx. 700,000 in the US have died - that's 1 out of every 500 people. To choose to remain in this group is reckless and irresponsible. These coaches, in my opinion, should be required to be vaccinated or be immediately terminated.

2. Natural-Immunity Only Coaches = Those that have had Covid, but still aren't vaccinated. In this scenario, they have some natural immunity but it isn't nearly as good as getting vaccinated 'on top of' natural immunity. IMO, no coaches should be in this group... they should be required to be vaccinated. If they are unwilling to perform their civic responsibility by getting vaccinated, they should not be in consideration for the position.

3. Natural-Immunity+Vaxxed & Vaxxed Coaches = Those that are responsible and have taken the proper precautions to be a coach in a college or university. They have done their civic responsibility and can be in consideration for a position of leadership of young people.

But the coaches who are only vaxxed haven't done as much to prevent Covid as those who have natural immunity and then got vaxxed.  They should not be on the same tier as those who have natural immunity and vaccination.  

You talk down to literally everyone that has a differing opinion not just me and now you re the victim…and yet still no actual rebuttal to anything? Why do you assume that you know better someone like Jimmy Kennedy ? 

I will argue the facts, but I won't argue opinions. Everyone is entitled to one, and to express it, even you.

34 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

If hospitals were really at capacity they wouldn’t be firing tons of nurses and doctors for not getting vaccinated 

Capacity is determined by space, not people. And >96% of doctors are vaccinated. Sorry, but they’re not the ones getting let go.

Just now, AHamilton said:

But the coaches who are only vaxxed haven't done as much to prevent Covid as those who have natural immunity and then got vaxxed.  They should not be on the same tier as those who have natural immunity and vaccination.  

I considered more tiers - but that would only serve to confuse the basic (3) points I was making:

• I don't know which tier(s) the NU coaches were in, but they were in one of these three.
  • Natural-immunity + vaccine = Better than natural-immunity
  • In my opinion, coaches that refuse to perform their civic responsibility by getting vaccinated don't belong in a position of leadership in higher education

3 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Doesn't matter - we are where we are. The only way out is thru herd immunity, either thru mass infection or mass vaccination.

Well that's an opinion and like many it could be true but like most it may not be true.  We know vaccinated folks can still get it, not know they have it, be asymptomatic and still spread it, just like before vaccine some folks were asymptomatic and speading.  There's very little we yet know for certain regarding Covid but we should all still do our best to help solve this pandemic problem.  

8 hours ago, Dartsingle said:

I don't know man, I got all of my vaccines in my lifetime....and those worked.....well, because I never got the things they protected me against.  

Pretty sure there wasn’t an active pandemic for any of those in the last 60+ years or so.    Closest in terms of having a vaccine available is probably polio, but in general covid is the worst pandemic since the Spanish flu.

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well that's an opinion and like many it could be true but like most it may not be true.  We know vaccinated folks can still get it, not know they have it, be asymptomatic and still spread it, just like before vaccine some folks were asymptomatic and speading.  There's very little we yet know for certain regarding Covid but we should all still do our best to help solve this pandemic problem.  

Over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths are people who are the unvaxxed.

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Pretty sure there wasn’t an active pandemic for any of those in the last 60+ years or so.    Closest in terms of having a vaccine available is probably polio, but in general covid is the worst pandemic since the Spanish flu.

The key difference is that polio, measels, etc do not mutate so a vaccine is very effective and a disease can cease to exist by being denied the hosts it needs to live. Meanwhile, things like the flu and Covid actively mutate, so any vaccine is aiming at a moving target. This is why the flu vaccine has such a relatively low effectiveness. Epidemiologists need to guess which strain of the flu will prevail this year and they have to do it sufficiently in advance to allow for the manufacture prior to the start of the flu season. One of the key arguments for gettung everyone vaccinated against Covid is to deny the virus hosts because it is only in the presence of a host that it can mutate. There is an excellent book by John Barry called The Great Influenza that is all about the Spanish Flu pandemic (that actually is now believed to have started in yhe US). It explains alot of the epidemiology too.

40 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I considered more tiers - but that would only serve to confuse the basic (3) points I was making:

• I don't know which tier(s) the NU coaches were in, but they were in one of these three.
  • Natural-immunity + vaccine = Better than natural-immunity
  • In my opinion, coaches that refuse to perform their civic responsibility by getting vaccinated don't belong in a position of leadership in higher education

Maybe the various tiers could wear something on their clothing identifying them as such, so we would know whom to be cautious of?

I wonder if there is way to calculate the risk/benefit ratio of refusing a vaccine taken safely by a gazillion people and proven to be very effective... versus quitting a job and losing one's income in such uncertain times and (I assume) walking away from personal (and perhaps a family) health insurance plan.

Such a decision makes literally no sense to me.  

Edited by matts1w