The Take Out

When does Northwestern fire Howe and Kennedy?

12 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Over 95% of hospitalizations and deaths are people who are the unvaxxed.

Well is actually prob 90%, where there's good data folks still getting it, hospitalized and dying if vacinated but 10x more in each category if not vaccinated.  But that doesn't mean there's some magic instant fix solution. 

3 minutes ago, matts1w said:

I wonder if there is way to calculate the risk/benefit ratio of refusing a vaccine taken safely by a gazillion people and proven to be very effective... versus quitting a job and losing one's income in such uncertain times and (I assume) walking away from personal (and perhaps a family) health insurance plan.

Such a decision makes literally no sense to me.  

well it hasn't been taken safely by a "gazillion people" and individuals have had serious reaction to the vaccine, some have died.  But by stating your "gazillion" stat shows you don't want to take the data seriously and actually look at facts.  :(

Just now, Wrestleknownothing said:

Nope, that is just one ton. He used plural. I want to know how much weight he thinks has been fired. Say its two tons. Assuming an average weight of 150 lbs that is only 26.66 people. Seems fine.

I suspected that was coming, so I edited it to 2000+

18 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Maybe the various tiers could wear something on their clothing identifying them as such, so we would know whom to be cautious of?

That's some thinking right there  - but, the thing is, if all the irresponsible coaches are terminated then its moot. All we'll have left is responsible ones.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

well it hasn't been taken safely by a "gazillion people" and individuals have had serious reaction to the vaccine, some have died.  But by stating your "gazillion" stat shows you don't want to take the data seriously and actually look at facts.  :(

Good grief...  Whatever....  Here ya go.  As of two days ago: 

World Wide Total Doses Given 6.27B

World Wide People fully Vaccinated 2.65B

I will ask again, what is a bigger risk to one's well being- walking away from a job and a family health insurance plan... or taking COVID vaccine? 

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

That's some good thinking right there  - but, the thing is, if all the irresponsible coaches are terminated then its moot. All we'll have left is responsible ones.

I'm just talking in society as a whole.  I got the virus in December and got the Vax ASAP.  I wouldn't mind some recognition!

18 minutes ago, matts1w said:

I wonder if there is way to calculate the risk/benefit ratio of refusing a vaccine taken safely by a gazillion people and proven to be very effective... versus quitting a job and losing one's income in such uncertain times and (I assume) walking away from personal (and perhaps a family) health insurance plan.

Such a decision makes literally no sense to me.  

Mineo saying Kennedy is going to the NLWC (and that apparently he is David Taylor’s brother in law)

35 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Good grief...  Whatever....  Here ya go.  As of two days ago: 

World Wide Total Doses Given 6.27B

World Wide People fully Vaccinated 2.65B

I will ask again, what is a bigger risk to one's well being- walking away from a job and a family health insurance plan... or taking COVID vaccine? 

Ok so of the 6.27B or  2.65B  how many have walked away from a job?  Also how many of the total working population (or in US only if prefer) have died because they walked away from a job?

Edited by ionel

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Mineo saying Kennedy is going to the NLWC (and that apparently he is David Taylor’s brother in law)

Yes.  David Taylor married Kendra Kennedy, whom he defeated in a national tournament in 8th grade.

She was a girl and had a nasty headlock.  Those are the two scariest things for an 8th grade wrestler.

Edited by AHamilton

No one disputes the fact that natural immunity is more effective than the vaccine, right? If so, then why would anyone support a vaccine mandate for EVERYONE? Furthermore, it is an indisputable fact that we do not know what, if any, long term side effects the vaccine may have. So I don’t blame anyone for not getting the shot if they are low risk or already have natural immunity. I chose to get the vaccine, but I am not attacking others for not getting it. This is what leads to such division in this country. The argument that you are concerned for the unvaccinated children doesn’t really hold any weight because it is a fact that unvaccinated children are still at a much lower risk than vaccinated adults.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

No one disputes the fact that natural immunity is more effective than the vaccine, right? If so, then why would anyone support a vaccine mandate for EVERYONE? Furthermore, it is an indisputable fact that we do not know what, if any, long term side effects the vaccine may have. So I don’t blame anyone for not getting the shot if they are low risk or already have natural immunity. I chose to get the vaccine, but I am not attacking others for not getting it. This is what leads to such division in this country. The argument that you are concerned for the unvaccinated children doesn’t really hold any weight because it is a fact that unvaccinated children are still at a much lower risk than vaccinated adults.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

ShakaAloha probably disagrees with you.  ;)

PS: we are really just trying to get to page asap so the mods shut this down.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You may want to check your math

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok so of the 6.27B - 2.65B = 3.62B how many have walked away from a job?  Also how many of the 6.27B have died because they walked away from a job?

I dont even know where to start.  Im pretty sure the discussion was about Americans (like Howe) with the best access in the world to the best vaccines in the world choosing to walk away from solid jobs and health benefits for...  nevermind.  You want bring in people in parts of the world with no access to anything...  Forget it.  I'm done. 

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

ShakaAloha probably disagrees with you.  ;)

PS: we are really just trying to get to page asap so the mods shut this down.  ;)

I thought my post about wearing something on our clothing identifying our tiers of vaccination would shut us down, but alas...

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

I believe it is disputed actually. One of the article links above has an interview with an immunologist who says there is mounting evidence that the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity and that natural immunity plus vaccine is also more effective than just natural immunity. However, statements like "mounting evidence" means there is not enough data/analysis of data to make a definitive statement yet.This makes sense to me since the vaccine is only months old.

Just now, matts1w said:

I dont even know where to start.  Im pretty sure the discussion was about Americans (like Howe) with the best access in the world to the best vaccines in the world choosing to walk away from solid jobs and health benefits for...  nevermind.  You want bring in people in parts of the world with no access to anything...  Forget it.  I'm done. 

You brought up the 6.27 billion not me.  That was after I pointed out a gazillion was prob a bit high but it was still you talking world wide numbers. 

1 minute ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I believe it is disputed actually. One of the article links above has an interview with an immunologist who says there is mounting evidence that the vaccine is more effective than natural immunity and that natural immunity plus vaccine is also more effective than just natural immunity. However, statements like "mounting evidence" means there is not enough data/analysis of data to make a definitive statement yet.This makes sense to me since the vaccine is only months old.

Israel has basically been the testing ground for vaccine studies.  The Israeli study shows the vax is clearly worse than natural immunity.  It is less than a month old.  I don't think there is mounting evidence against it.  Israel is on the cutting edge with this.  The study was not yet peer reviewed, but that has not stopped anyone lately (from either side.)  I believe part of the reason is natural immunity is more adaptable to variants.

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I thought my post about wearing something on our clothing identifying our tiers of vaccination would shut us down, but alas...

If we bring up the fact that (as far as we know) Stevenson has never been vaccinated, do you think they'd wake up and lock it?