The Take Out

When does Northwestern fire Howe and Kennedy?

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

So: Basically... I am right but you are too stubborn to admit it.  

Once you admit it, maybe we can have a conversation.

Basically - you are badgering me about an irrelevant question I am not interested in discussing.

You're trolling, and only proving that you're not actually interested in having an real conversation.

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Basically - you are badgering me about an irrelevant question I am not interested in discussing.

You're trolling, and only proving that you're not actually interested in having an real conversation.

Because you don't like me calling the leadership of the CDC into question? You don't like it , so I am not interested in the conversation.

Have you ever considered the lab leak theory a conspiracy theory?  Yes or no?

https://www.newsweek.com/robert-redfield-fox-news-lab-covid-leak-1617975

Edited by AHamilton

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I don't disagree at all. The CDC's web site is difficult to wade through - and I've had better luck finding what I'm looking for at other reputable sources (including individual states as you've linked.)

I also don't disagree that the CDC's messaging has been poor from the very beginning. Inconsistent, sporadic, and even misguided at times.

As frustrating as these things have been, I personally still believe in doctors and medical experts. (After all, they didn't write the web site or organize the press releases.)

I've thought all along why can't someone who has put together a good dashboard like Idaho (and there may be better out there) just do it for the entire country.  Goggle's is consistent but nothing per 100k etc.  Also frustrates me when I see, like Google's, hospitalizations at national level, but not state level.  You can't compute the national numbers unless you have the state numbers, and you can't get state numbers unless you have county or individual hospitals and hospitals don't move they are at a specific location meaning city, county, state.  :(

Edited by ionel

5 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Because you don't like me calling the leadership of the CDC into question? You don't like it , so I am not interested in the conversation.

https://www.newsweek.com/robert-redfield-fox-news-lab-covid-leak-1617975

So maybe a reason for the new appointment?

Just now, AHamilton said:

I've already made it clear that I trust the doctors and medical experts at the CDC.

I don't necessarily trust the leaders, marketers, communication staff, or web site designers - but, I haven't met any of them personally so I have no 1st hand knowledge of them. So discussing them further is an irrelevant waste of time for me.

The continual badgering wasn't funny before, and it's become tiresome. In fact, I find your whole schtick tedious and wholly disappointing.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

So maybe a reason for the new appointment?

I have no idea.  But people thought he was wrong at the time.  Clearly GWN thought so.  

Personally at the start, I thought it was naturally occurring.  I thought people who claimed otherwise were "out there."

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I've already made it clear that I trust the doctors and medical experts at the CDC.

I don't necessarily trust the leaders, marketers, communication staff, or web site designers - but, I haven't met any of them personally so I have no 1st hand knowledge of them. So discussing them further is an irrelevant waste of time for me.

The continual badgering wasn't funny before, and it's become tiresome. In fact, I find your whole schtick tedious and wholly disappointing.

So, you believed Redfield?  You never called him into question?

You believed masks weren't necessary?  But now you do?

Just now, AHamilton said:

I have no idea.  But people thought he was wrong at the time.  Clearly GWN thought so.  

Personally at the start, I thought it was naturally occurring.  I thought people who claimed otherwise were "out there."

I'd agree, everything we heard early suggested naturally occurring made sense.  

6 minutes ago, ionel said:

I've thought all along why can't someone who has put together a good dashboard like Idaho (and there may be better out there) just do it for the entire country.  Goggle's is consistent but nothing per 100k etc.  Also frustrates me when I see, like Google's, hospitalizations at national level, but not state level.  You can't compute the national numbers unless you have the state numbers, and you can't get state numbers unless you have county or individual hospitals and hospitals don't move they are at a specific location meaning city, county, state.  :(

I completely agree.

The good news is that there is a government backed effort in a program to "borrow" tech people from Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc. for short-term (1-2 yrs) loan to do tech work like build web sites that are up to the modern standards of big tech. This is something the government has needed for years. This group has done some really good work so far, but they'll have their hands full when they get to the CDC site.

7 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

I'm trying to get this to page 15!

If only LJB were awake and here we could get the American Pie thing going again which would be good for an easy 5+ pages.  :)

Edited by ionel

1 hour ago, ionel said:

If only LJB were awake and here we could get the American Pie thing going again which would be good for an easy 5+ pages.  :)

"If only" -  It'd be like Grumpy Old Men, but with a 3rd grumpy old guy.

Just glad both you zipper heads finally stopped posting so you could watch the news and go to bed.

These days, people who aren't interested in facts and evidence on serious topics and instead get their jollies by being mean, childish, and argumentative for the sake of being argumentative are called trolls.

When I was a kid, we had a name for useless clowns like you, too. We called you a-holes.

We had you figured out before we were 12.

College wrestling coaches, no matter how good they are (even as good as these NU guys - who are both very good) likely won't be able to escape vaccination.

Per Bob Dylan, "The times, they are a changin"

The momentum to end the pandemic is strong and getting stronger. Colleges and Universities are getting more bold. The federal government is backing the push. It's really a beautiful thing. Some of you may dislike it.

Per Bob Dylan #2, "Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain"

College wrestling coaches, no matter how good they are (even as good as these NU guys - who are both very good) likely won't be able to escape vaccination.
Per Bob Dylan, "The times, they are a changin"
The momentum to end the pandemic is strong and getting stronger. Colleges and Universities are getting more bold. The federal government is backing the push. It's really a beautiful thing. Some of you may dislike it.
Per Bob Dylan #2, "Behind every beautiful thing, there's some kind of pain"
....Bob Dylan is ghey.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, rocklobsta said:

Should these adverse events from the vaccine be ignored?

Government data: https://openvaers.com/covid-data

image.thumb.png.6550687300f9e4df08639db06830143c.png

I just self-reported to that website that I had a heart attack, a miscarriage and died three times immediately after getting the Moderna vaccine. It took about five minutes! No verification necessary. Great source.

1 hour ago, SignificantACCBias said:

I just self-reported to that website that I had a heart attack, a miscarriage and died three times immediately after getting the Moderna vaccine. It took about five minutes! No verification necessary. Great source.

Well I hope you're okay.

So deaths from the vaccine that are associated with another morbidity can't be counted as a death from the vaccine??  But if you get Covid and have another morbidity you can count that as a Covid death??  By the way...are all deaths counted the same way as Covid deaths when it comes to a virus??  Why isn't natural immunity counted towards herd immunity?  Why don't you hear the stats on natural immunity on the news and in the media??  And I'll ask it again since no one can actually answer it, who cares what others do if you are vaccinated??  Why is it my "moral obligation" to make sure someone else gets vaccinated?  If someone choses not to get vaccinated then THEY are taking the risk and I shouldn't have to change my lifestyle because of them (and don't give me the "what about my little kid" crap...they have essentially zero risk from the virus...or does that "science" not count?? <eye roll>).  I'll give an example of the utter stupidity around this...my work requires you to be vaccinated to enter the building, so only vaccinated people are in the building, yet everyone still has to wear a mask.

I'll sit here once again and wait for actual answers...and one off extreme examples and emotional opinions don't count as answers.

20 minutes ago, dman115 said:

So deaths from the vaccine that are associated with another morbidity can't be counted as a death from the vaccine??  But if you get Covid and have another morbidity you can count that as a Covid death??  By the way...are all deaths counted the same way as Covid deaths when it comes to a virus??  Why isn't natural immunity counted towards herd immunity?  Why don't you hear the stats on natural immunity on the news and in the media??  And I'll ask it again since no one can actually answer it, who cares what others do if you are vaccinated??  Why is it my "moral obligation" to make sure someone else gets vaccinated?  If someone choses not to get vaccinated then THEY are taking the risk and I shouldn't have to change my lifestyle because of them (and don't give me the "what about my little kid" crap...they have essentially zero risk from the virus...or does that "science" not count?? <eye roll>).  I'll give an example of the utter stupidity around this...my work requires you to be vaccinated to enter the building, so only vaccinated people are in the building, yet everyone still has to wear a mask.

I'll sit here once again and wait for actual answers...and one off extreme examples and emotional opinions don't count as answers.

Your unanswered question has actually been answered many times, but ok, I will take the bait again.

Vaccination is most effective when everyone is vaccinated because it denies, in the case of polio and other non-mutating diseases, the host organism that the virus needs to survive. And in the case of mutating diseases it severely limits the number of hosts which limits the odds of mutation. Without mutation, and with fewer hosts, the virus is easier to contain. It is therefore considered a public good for everyone to be vaccinated. While that might not be what the individual desires, it is what the society desires. A society wants to persist and things like pandemics threaten the society's existence.