Jimmy Cinnabon

Bo Bassett an Iowa lock?

Unless rules change or he reclassifies, the earliest he can sign with a team is November of 2025 lol

That being said, he seems to spend quite a bit of time in the Penn State room already. Don't know how it works but he's there training a lot. Think it's because he's in middle school technically the rules don't apply to him yet (or as long as Cael doesn't talk to him about wrestling for Penn State)  

I'm sure Jody will push Iowa but Penn State has gotten most of the Young Guns kids they've prioritized over the years minus Spencer. We shall see, it'll be a recruitment for the ages. 

Can definitely see Cornell being a factor as well since Erik Gibson is heading there and it could be a pipeline for Mason and Bo

Edited by IGotAPlan

40 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

If he's a lock anywhere, it seems to be PSU. He posts pictures after workouts at NLWC all the time.

Just Jimmy trolling so he can act surprised when he commits to PSU 

pay your debts 

I'm curious to see the kids trajectory continue. Definitely would be insane if he wins a junior world title before high school. It's different now since 57KG is the lowest weight class and there will legitimately be accomplished senior wrestlers in that bracket.

People say Bo is "old" for his grade but still even if you skip a grade, a cadet world title before you enter high school is something else. He absolutely dominated it. Similarly, he is teching top ranked 106 in folk (Dan Jones). 

It's not like he hit puberty early or anything (still looks and talks like a preteen) and the kid is a FIERCE worker as shown by his social media. 

Sky truly is the limit. 

25 minutes ago, Katie said:

If Iowa doesn’t land Bassett, it could potentially be the worst recruiting failure in history. 

I think you can argue that to be the case for PSU also. The kid lives 1.5 hours from campus and is already training with NLWC regularly. I think that has every bit as much pull as YGWC/Spencer connection if not more.  

3 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

He’ll go wherever Mason Gibson goes. Don’t count out Cornell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornell might not be Cornell by the time he reaches college.  I like Grey, but time will tell.  

Add to that the fact that the Ivies are potentially eliminating some grey areas that Cornell has been using to their advantage, and we could be seeing see at least a  slightly diminished program in Ithaca.

Edited by AHamilton

On 10/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, AHamilton said:

Cornell might not be Cornell by the time he reaches college.  I like Grey, but time will tell.  

Add to that the fact that the Ivies are potentially eliminating some grey areas that Cornell has been using to their advantage, and we could be seeing see at least a  slightly diminished program in Ithaca.

I sure hope not, that is where my current 9 year old will be wrestling in college.