spladle08

Worlds Day 1 61/74/86/125kg

If Zare gets gold, Flo should step up for a super match with Gable.  We would all pay good money for that.  

IF Zare gets gold.
Sadly, with Gable contracts, I double Flo can pay him enough to risk the shine he has.
Solid point.
I'd love to see it but hard to see it happening in the immediate future.
Should've happened at the Olympics
Zare just shut down in that second half vs Geno (looked like gas-tank a bit). I was really looking forward to a GS vs Zare final .

Eh well.

I missed the Gwiz - Zare match. What the hell happened?  I saw folks predicting Zare with confidence.  I had hopes that Gwiz had bumped up a level.  What did Zare do?

What they do. Underhooks to pushouts to bad positions. I think he scored most everyway here though.

Takedown, exposure, pushouts, ended with a 4 for a 10-0 first period win. There was 0% chance for Gwiz...

If you don't watch Zare much he's the same level as Geno and Taha. I think he wins this.

Him and Gable wouldve been the next generation.

The most annoying thing that happens on these forums is that Parris surprised Zare a few years ago with that firemans/dump and pinned him... Now every success Zare has there's a few college guys that come through here and say "Parris is clearly better than everyone because Zare beats everyone"

34 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

What they do. Underhooks to pushouts to bad positions. I think he scored most everyway here though.

Takedown, exposure, pushouts, ended with a 4 for a 10-0 first period win. There was 0% chance for Gwiz...

If you don't watch Zare much he's the same level as Geno and Taha. I think he wins this.

Him and Gable wouldve been the next generation.

The most annoying thing that happens on these forums is that Parris surprised Zare a few years ago with that firemans/dump and pinned him... Now every success Zare has there's a few college guys that come through here and say "Parris is clearly better than everyone because Zare beats everyone"

Yeah, it seemed Parris was on a better trajectory there for a few whiles, but his athleticism seems to have hit its ceiling and now his technical ability is a significant inhibitor. I'd still love to see him bang at a worlds because his work rate and athleticism would cause troublesome moments for even the best guys--but he definitely hasn't stayed on the Gable/Zare growth path.

Edited by maligned

Yeah, it seemed Parris was on a better trajectory there for a few whiles, but his athleticism seems to have hit its ceiling and now his technical ability is a significant inhibitor. I'd still love to see him bang at a worlds because his work rate and athleticism would cause troublesome moments for even the best guys--but he definitely hasn't stayed on the Gable/Zare growth path.
It's just you can only hit that dump 1x against elite guys and once you get recognized as elite and everyone knows it's coming you gotta have something else.

Like you say, he has the body and athleticism to compete with anyone, he's gotta get that technique up to snuff.

Just woke up…did the US really go unscored upon aside from heavyweight so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it really was sensual domination.

I predict Fix will get scored on in the semis.
But I think he wins the match

Doesn't show it directly in that link..but, yeah, Micic, Fix/Gilman nemesis Yatsenko a couple times, Vangelov easily, and others just in the past couple seasons
Yeah I assumed he'd click on some of the tournamnets. And see how the brackets played out
And how close his loses were to top guys .

He has best Lomtadze