spladle08

Worlds Day 1 61/74/86/125kg

Last year just before the Olympics Salk caught fire.... Beat Chamizo and Zhamalov ... But then at the last chance got beat in the semis by the guy who would go on to Tech KD

He is good but I think it’s a bad style to go against Dake. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many of these guys have ever seen, let alone felt, that folk style heat.

DT is the king of forcing them into folkstyle situations and he rules that realm.

Part of the main reason I think Zahid will give him serious issues if they ever meet....

But If Zahid doesn't make the finals .... Doesn't matter

22 minutes ago, IronChef said:

It was the classic Dake trifecta
1. Won the match
2. Got a lead and quit trying to score
3. Jawed at the ref and his opponent

I thought Dake was composed. The other guy was being physical and and it got a little testy, but that was about it. He got up 8 and then just played it safe. His opponent was complaining more than Dake was. 

3 minutes ago, iha said:

I thought Dake was composed. The other guy was being physical and and it got a little testy, but that was about it. He got up 8 and then just played it safe. His opponent was complaining more than Dake was. 

wouldn't the safest play be to score another TD and end the match?

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
8 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:
Yazdani looking pretty good

I think Naifanov just wants it to be as close as possible Everytime they meet

... he was satisfied to lose by 6.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
2 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:
Taylor’s legacy is bolstered so much by going through someone as insanely good as Yazdani.

Isn't it amazing Taylor is the only who can beat him . Man. What a rivalry even though it's been 1 sided

It's been super close every time though. Even the match where Yazdani got pinned, he was in front early before gassing out. DT could definitely drop a close one to him. 

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
2 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:
Taylor’s legacy is bolstered so much by going through someone as insanely good as Yazdani.

Isn't it amazing Taylor is the only who can beat him . Man. What a rivalry even though it's been 1 sided

IT's one-sided in terms of final match results, but Taylor nearly got teched the first match, and needed a last second takedown this last match.

I always perceived Taylor as being both more skilled and a bigger tank, but I've gained new respect for Yazdani's skill level.  Still not as good as DT, but he's more than just that underhook.

17 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

If David Taylor has taught me anything today, it’s that Spencer Lee is going to bar-half pin his way to gold

That's so laughable. He's got the knees of a 70 year old. I doubt he ever makes a world team.