spladle08

Worlds Day 1 61/74/86/125kg

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

wouldn't the safest play be to score another TD and end the match?

Why? His opponent wasn't attacking. If he was just going to hand fight down eight, fine. If an opponent is giving you an easy win, take it. 

Just now, iha said:

Why? His opponent wasn't attacking. If he was just going to hand fight down eight, fine. If an opponent is giving you an easy win, take it. 

I guess my reason would be that there is always a chance, however small, that Dake could get taken down and turned in a trapped arm gut.

IT's one-sided in terms of final match results, but Taylor nearly got teched the first match, and needed a last second takedown this last match.

I always perceived Taylor as being both more skilled and a bigger tank, but I've gained new respect for Yazdani's skill level.  Still not as good as DT, but he's more than just that underhook.

I've always thought once he figures out how to conserve his tank he wins.

But he did that at the Olympics. DT played the edge well and scored when it mattered.... I'm super excited to see how this one goes but man it's such a chess match.

DT is the king of forcing them into folkstyle situations and he rules that realm.  
Part of the main reason I think Zahid will give him serious issues if they ever meet....

But If Zahid doesn't make the finals .... Doesn't matter

I don’t think Zahid would ever touch the legs of this version of Taylor.

He’d also gas out after 4 minutes. He was blowing HARD against Aaron Brooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zare beats Akgul 4-0 in the SF. Zare controlled the entire match and Akgul really did nothing until the last minute of the match where he got easily countered for a TD by the edge.

Zare v Geno III for gold tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, nom said:

Myles Amine advances in close one vs Mexico.  Nestor Taffur advances.  Mitch Finesilver loses but clearly gassed the Bulgarian .... 

It's Malik not Myles - Myles wrestles at 86 kg and did not go to this Worlds.

28 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Akgul should have challenged that I thought Zares hand went out first. Nice win for him though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akgul's head went out first, that's at least 1 for Zare, judges gave 2 for continuation.

39 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Gwiz will be pulled into repechage.

At least, good for the team scoring.

D3

The first time I saw "D3" mentioned in a reply, I thought you were referring to Daton, Dake, and DT.

The 3-Ds who have been performing dynamically, delightfully, and deadly today. 

54 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

IT's one-sided in terms of final match results, but Taylor nearly got teched the first match, and needed a last second takedown this last match.

I always perceived Taylor as being both more skilled and a bigger tank, but I've gained new respect for Yazdani's skill level.  Still not as good as DT, but he's more than just that underhook.

Taylor did not "nearly get teched" in the 1st match.  What you may be remembering is that DT was very close to losing the 1st match via DQ.  He had given up 3 straight push outs to be down 3-0 and he had 2 cautions against him.  One more caution for any reason would end the match.  DT scored a TD next to tighten the score to 3-2.  After he gave up another step out (4-2 for Yazdani)  it was all DT.  3 TDs in a row the ladt one putting Yazdani on his back to end it with the score at 8-4 Taylor.