Uwwdoc

Brackets for tomorrow

Somehow JB is on the same half as the Russian — again. I think he’s been in the same half in nine out of 10 world/Olympic brackets. Nuts.

This year he could have an 86 guy, Valiev, in the quarters. I suppose that could prove to be a benefit to JB if the guy is cutting hard. 

While it’s challenging to predict Dake’s semi-final and potential finals opponent, there are a few likely opponents to come through their sides of the bracket. Dake’s potential semi-final opponent will likely be either Khetik Tsabolov or Azamat Nurykau. Tsabolov is the favorite and a former world champion from Russia who defeated Zaurbek Sidakov last October.

4 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

While it’s challenging to predict Dake’s semi-final and potential finals opponent, there are a few likely opponents to come through their sides of the bracket. Dake’s potential semi-final opponent will likely be either Khetik Tsabolov or Azamat Nurykau. Tsabolov is the favorite and a former world champion from Russia who defeated Zaurbek Sidakov last October.

I am not seeing Tsabalov in the bracket anywhere. 

45 minutes ago, HawkY said:

Bad draw for Gwiz. 

Where is Deepak at 86. The master of meta luck? No one has his intangibles. 

I think it an above average draw for Gwiz. Assuming he gets through Desi he will most likely face #3 Zare.  Better than facing Geno or Akgul

11 minutes ago, Jim L said:

I think it an above average draw for Gwiz. Assuming he gets through Desi he will most likely face #3 Zare.  Better than facing Geno or Akgul

No it isn't.  Akgul should beat Zare(my opinion).  Gwiaz will nit be drawn into repechage in that scenario.

IF Zare beats Akgul, then Gwiaz would still have to defeat Akgul for bronze.

Bottom half is without a doubt a much worse draw than the top half.