Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Flo is not in Oslo

7 minutes ago, jeffrideal said:

Anyone know why there aren't any video links of the matches on Flo brackets, like there normally are?

I imagine it has something to do with broadcast rights.  They have broadcast rights for the USA, but they don't 'own' the content on their servers, or whatnot.

Hmmm, yeah you are correct in that we NOW have to pay to watch.

( Been watching Flo for umpty-fratz years already. )

... though, I've  haven't paid for other choices, due to the cost of the ABOVE choice.  ( insert "eye roll" emoji here.)

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

5 minutes ago, Katie said:

We used to able to watch worlds for free on the UWW site. Now we have to pay Flo $150 to watch the same thing. 

Yeah you got ripped off if you had to pay $150!  I paid less than $10 for worlds.  Of course there are lots of empty seats you could've saved the $150 for airline tickets to watch it in person.  

8 minutes ago, ionel said:

Yeah you got ripped off if you had to pay $150!  I paid less than $10 for worlds.  Of course there are lots of empty seats you could've saved the $150 for airline tickets to watch it in person.  

I *really* want to watch worlds, but $150 is just absurd. I’m passing.

Extremely hyped up MMA cards or boxing cards — that have much more commercial value — usually go for $60 or so. 

Edited by Katie

2 hours ago, nom said:

What does this even mean?

Pyles and Kozak are in Oslo.  The guys like Bray and Cyon are clearly in Texas.

He actually said that they are not. 

Also, there is a several second delay between the video and the commentary. 

If you watch right now, none of them are in the arena. Not a big deal; lots of pandemic-era events have been done this way. Don't why dopes like NHS and Nom insist on denying it.

Flo is not doing commentary for the main UWW feed (which goes out to many other countries, not just where Flo streams it) but 6 Flo's are very much Oslo and working inside the arena right now. A few more Flo's will be in Austin hosting a watch party. 

Also you couldn't watch Worlds on UWW's website for free since at least 2017. TrackWrestling had UWW streaming rights from 2017-2020 and charged you to watch. I think before before that they may have been free but they didn't even have a live broadcast in the FILA days, so we're talking maybe 2 or 3 years of free broadcasts (which also meant UWW was losing lots of money on the event). 

You also aren't being charged $150 to watch the worlds on Flo you are being charged $150 for a years worth of the greatest bundle of wrestling the world has ever known. still may not be worth the money to you but you get a whole lot more than one super bad ass tournament for your 150.

2 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Flo is not doing commentary for the main UWW feed (which goes out to many other countries, not just where Flo streams it) but 6 Flo's are very much Oslo and working inside the arena right now. A few more Flo's will be in Austin hosting a watch party. 

Also you couldn't watch Worlds on UWW's website for free since at least 2017. TrackWrestling had UWW streaming rights from 2017-2020 and charged you to watch. I think before before that they may have been free but they didn't even have a live broadcast in the FILA days, so we're talking maybe 2 or 3 years of free broadcasts (which also meant UWW was losing lots of money on the event). 

You also aren't being charged $150 to watch the worlds on Flo you are being charged $150 for a years worth of the greatest bundle of wrestling the world has ever known. still may not be worth the money to you but you get a whole lot more than one super bad ass tournament for your 150.

Are the announcers in Oslo? B/c i just saw them on the screen and they sure look like they are somewhere else. Is assume the "6 flos" are tech guys.

29 minutes ago, Katie said:

We used to able to watch worlds for free on the UWW site. Now we have to pay Flo $150 to watch the same thing. 

Get a VPN, set it to a country like India and then watch on the UWW website. Gotta love free!

Just now, NJDan said:

Are the announcers in Oslo? B/c i just saw them on the screen and they sure look like they are somewhere else. Is assume the "6 flos" are tech guys.

no tech guys or announcers from Flo are here, but 6 content and marketing Flo bros are in Austin, gathering, creating and distributing content for wrestling fans around the world. 

If you're talking about the watch party, David Bray and company are indeed in Austin doing live commentary on FloZone. 

11 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

You are an A+ poster. Much better than me. But I have a different take. I am only interested in worlds and not Flo’s other content. So in order to watch worlds, I have to pay $150 for the privilege (even though it used to be free), or get a VPN. I’m not willing to do either. If I recall correctly, at least Track allowed you to simply purchase the event for $20 or something, which I did. So thanks Flo for ruining worlds for me. 

Edited by Katie

2 hours ago, nom said:

What does this even mean?

Pyles and Kozak are in Oslo.  The guys like Bray and Cyon are clearly in Texas.

FLO's OWN GUY SAYS: "no tech guys or announcers from Flo are here, but 6 content and marketing Flo bros are in Austin, gathering, creating and distributing content for wrestling fans around the world. 

If you're talking about the watch party, David Bray and company are indeed in Austin doing live commentary on FloZone."

You are such a doofus 

5 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Another advantage to using a VPN is a much improved stream.  Same stream as Flo, but Flo always introduces errors when they redistribute it.

For some reason I cannot bring myself to use a VPN. Maybe I’m a Puritan. 

Edited by Katie