Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Flo is not in Oslo

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

You are an A+ poster. Much better than me. But I have a different take. I am only interested in worlds and not Flo’s other content. So in order to watch worlds, I have to pay $150 for the privilege (even though it used to be free), or get a VPN. I’m not willing to do either. If I recall correctly, at least Track allowed you to simply purchase the event for $20 or something, which I did. So thanks Flo for ruining worlds for me. 

Track was $40 for just Worlds. Next year there will also be world cups. also we have the age level championships. all for the same low low price. 

Sorry for ruining worlds for you. maybe someone can give you a flo sub as a birthday present or something. 

13 minutes ago, NJDan said:

For the semis, they don't even have noise from the arena.

There are two feeds on Flo - the Flozone just has the guys in Austin. Mat B has the global announcers and the arena noise. Honestly given only one mat going in the semis there really isn't any point in watching Flozone.

2 hours ago, Mphillips said:

NJ Superdan just doesn't give a f ( ( k.  Whatever thought pops into his mind just becomes a fact. Must be a very freeing way to live. 

There's a lot of Jimmy Cinnabon in Danny Boy.  I for one was amazed last week,  when he revealed himself to be an Ivy educated lawyer.

...on these boards, EVERYBODY says they're an IVY educated lawyer!

(As for me, in my mind, I'm a three time Olympic medalist in freestyle!  nyuck, nyuck, nyuck! ;-P )

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

3 hours ago, Mphillips said:

NJ Superdan just doesn't give a f ( ( k.  Whatever thought pops into his mind just becomes a fact. Must be a very freeing way to live. 

You do realize that I am right, that Flo admitted that I a right. Or do you just not read?

2 hours ago, Katie said:

We used to able to watch worlds for free on the UWW site. Now we have to pay Flo $150 to watch the same thing. 

It has been a while since you could watch it for free - for a few years you had to pay track wrestling.

2 hours ago, Katie said:

We used to able to watch worlds for free on the UWW site. Now we have to pay Flo $150 to watch the same thing. 

20 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

It has been a while since you could watch it for free - for a few years you had to pay track wrestling.

In 1982, I went with some friends to Edmonton to watch the World's. I think it was something like $20 for the week!

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

No, you actually weren't right. "Flo" is very much in Oslo. The two guys you were watching on the watch party stream are not. 

I was talking about the announcers, as were those who responded. I was right about that. No one cares that they have some off-camera guys there. Flo was not running the cameras and had no one there commenting on the action.

4 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Anyone know why there aren't any video links of the matches on Flo brackets, like there normally are?

They're starting to link now. They've been a little slower than usual getting individual matches cut and uploaded. Mostly uploaded through the quarters now. Might be the time difference/tech people not awake yet? Just speculating.

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

No. Pyles and Kozak are not there.

Yes, they are lmao. Come on dude lmao. 

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I was talking about the announcers, as were those who responded. I was right about that. No one cares that they have some off-camera guys there. Flo was not running the cameras and had no one there commenting on the action.

That's great that you do a bad job of communicating what you were trying to say, but it doesn't make you less wrong.

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Basically, UWW broadcasts worlds for free to most of the world.  It used to be free in US as well, and I clearly remember that.

Then Track had the bright idea of buying the “broadcast rights” for worlds — which basically means they paid to block the free feed in the US, and then forced people to pay them to watch it. Jaroslav says they charged $40.

Then Flo one-upped Track by deciding to force people to purchase a one-year subscription for $150 just to watch worlds.

These annoying schemes are exactly why I stopped watching MMA.  I’ve been moving towards the NBA in recent years, and I might switch totally over soon. This is just ridiculous.  

Edited by Katie

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Actually, they seem to be there, but not on camera and not doing play-by-play.

Wait a minute ... what!!??

PS: please change the thread title, maybe something like:

Flo seems to be in Oslo

Edited by ionel

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Wait a minute ... what!!??

I admitted my error. Flo has guys there. But what I was referring to was the announcers you heard on the broadcast (I mean the early rounds). They were not in the arena. 

In the semis, Flo showed a feed with non-Flo announcers who, I assume, are employed by UWW. Those guys seemed to be in the arena.