spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

Wow! Amazing job by Dake. He followed up a strong Olympic performance with a world gold. I didn't expect him to beat Salkazanov. 
You didnt expect him to win that one ?

I hoped Salk would wrestle him about as tough as he did, but you expected Salk to beat him?

5 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

Dake very smart to be more controlled with his body lock. Learned from the Olympics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also showed a different finish off of it earlier on in the tournament. Goes from seatbelt to partial body lock with one arm and near leg with the other. He has definitely been practicing that series. Very nicely done. Also great to see him ice it with that beautiful low single to gut when he didn't have to. That's a little new for him against top competition.

No, I didn't expect Dake to win. 74 kg is a lot tougher than 79 kg. Salkazanov looked like the better wrestler to me coming into the match. Regardless, hell of a performance by Dake!
74kg is definitely tougher than 79kg but clearly most of the top guys are not there.

Gold is gold and good gritty win by Dake but I think lines makers would've had him - 6.5 going into that bunch

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

74kg is definitely tougher than 79kg but clearly most of the top guys are not there.

Gold is gold and good gritty win by Dake but I think lines makers would've had him - 6.5 going into that bunch

Only a fool gives Dake -6.5. I’ll smash the under on Dake every match ever and be swimming in the dough!

5 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Salkazanov has had some pretty good results. He beat Chazimo at the 2021 European Championship. Even with the tops guys missing at 74kg you are going to face some real competition from guys that are desperate to win. Nothing is a given. Good for Dake. 

Edited by iha

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

That's clear, no Sidakov or Zhamalov, Kadimagomedov, Chamizo (yes, Dake beat him 8 weeks ago, but he is still a top guy).

Just now, spladle08 said:
1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:
Only a fool gives Dake -6.5. I’ll smash the under on Dake every match ever and be swimming in the dough!

Dake techs most people until the finals then he gets conservative

I specifically said ever. That includes at least a hundred 1-0 fantasy and real wins over the other incoming gold medalist. It’s a numbers game yo!

Salkazanov has had some pretty good results. He beat Chazimo at the 2021 European Championship. Even with the tops guys missing at 74kg you are going to face some real competitions from guys that are desperate to win. Nothing is a given. Good for Dake. 
Oh I know exactly who he is and throughout this thread have said it's going to be a good match . Even yesterday I predicted him as the guy to come out of the bottom side .

It was a good gritty win, but I think most of is expected that win

1 minute ago, iha said:

Salkazanov has had some pretty good results. He beat Chazimo at the 2021 European Championship. Even with the tops guys missing at 74kg you are going to face some real competition from guys that are desperate to win. Nothing is a given. Good for Dake. 

Salk was not in the Olympics, right?  Does anyone know why?