spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

1 minute ago, bnwtwg said:

It’s too bad Taylor couldn’t break through because if he could have, this would be a historical P4P conversation. But if he only wins one or two (tops!) or none then it is all for naught.

Exactly, an Olympic Gold and a World Gold-- why even bother?

1 minute ago, Perry said:

Yazdani simply a better wrestler than Taylor. Once he has figured out the gas tank issue he is not stoppable. 

I disagree.   Taylor has beaten him three times in a row.  And he a greater offensive arsenal.   Yazdani is more powerful and stronger than everyone in the weight and has a range of skills that is smaller than DT.  

1 minute ago, dmm53 said:

I disagree.   Taylor has beaten him three times in a row.  And he a greater offensive arsenal.   Yazdani is more powerful and stronger than everyone in the weight and has a range of skills that is smaller than DT.  

In all but one of the matches he was losing soundly until Yaz gassed. Wasn't an issue today but the Iran coach was definitely worried about it. Taylor hasa better gas tank and maybe more unique ways to score, but that's about it as far as his points of advantage go.

Just now, Perry said:

Yaz gave him a kiss so Taylor wanted to let him know the love was mutual 

Oh, the homo-eroticism (and homo-phobia) of many male athletes, especially boxers and wrestlers.   :). 

2 minutes ago, Perry said:

In all but one of the matches he was losing soundly until Yaz gassed. Wasn't an issue today but the Iran coach was definitely worried about it. Taylor hasa better gas tank and maybe more unique ways to score, but that's about it as far as his points of advantage go.

That's about it?  That's a lot ... and often everything.   Yazdani is more one-dimensional, especially against Taylor.  Underhook to pushout.  Rinse and repeat.  

9 minutes ago, Perry said:

Yazdani simply a better wrestler than Taylor. Once he has figured out the gas tank issue he is not stoppable. 

I mean, he's 1-3 against Taylor and even this match went down to the wire. Yazdani literally just lost a month or so ago in a higher stakes match to Taylor despite having 2 years to work out his "gas tank issue". 

Yazdani also had the fans on his side and Taylor was coming off an Olympic win whereas Yazdani was clearly burning to get the revenge. 

Now just because he won the most recent match he's clearly the better wrestler and fixed his gas tank issue?

That being said, Yazdani also has age on his side and I wouldn't be surprised if Yazdani has the advantage moving forward. 

Edited by wamba

Stinks DT couldn’t pull out another win, but kinda happy for Yazdani too. You could see how much it meant to finally win that one in front of what seemed like a home crowd. That was cool to see. Taylor won the big match though!

My take on those two is that they are both incredible… hard to say one is better than the other. But it seems like Yazdani has the advantage technically, and DT has the advantage in size/strength and gas tank.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask@ShakaAloha because he knows more than me.

6 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Looked to me that Yaz just bullied DT and prevented DT from getting a shot off. Finally DT go that single-- what the hell happened there?

3 minutes ago, Perry said:

Losing soundly?  I guess you would prefer to end matches at the end of the first period rather than let them play out.  Wearing a guy down and out is part of a strategy and approach.  "It ain't over until the fat lady sings," as the saying goes.

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Not anymore

That's very debatable. 

74kg is so watered down in this tournament and Yazdani is so far superior to the guys Dake has beat when he's won his titles. 

Edited by wamba

2 minutes ago, wamba said:

That's very debatable. 

74kg is so watered down in this tournament and Yazdani is so far superior to the guys Dake has beat when he's won his titles. 

Except of course the titles where Dake beat DT.

I don't think either Taylor or Yaz are necessarily better than the other. It's probably the most evenly matched and entertaining rivalry we've had in a long time.

Hard to say Yaz is better because he's 1-3 against Taylor and you can't give Taylor the upper hand because he just lost. I just hope we get to see them wrestle quite a few more times.

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Except of course the titles where Dake beat DT.

I mean, if we are including NCAA careers then yeah.

If we are looking at international resumes it's still debatable unless the comparison is simply counting hardware. 

Edited by wamba