spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

7 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Italy is sending Colin Realbuto, who was a backup for Cornell.

I wouldn't be surprised if in a non wrestling country like Italy,  being on Cornells's team (backup or not) gives you credibility and makes it more likely they will send you. 

48 minutes ago, Katie said:

As far as I can recall, the Flo site says there is a $150 fee up front.  Whether Flo decides to allow you to cancel early and get a prorated refund is not a published policy, as far as I know.

I definitely will not pay $150 to watch worlds — which I believe is *free* in almost every other country — and it seems like others are of the same mind. 

Flo likes to make it difficult, thats a fact.  I don't know why but thats what they do.  :(

12 minutes ago, HawkY said:

I wouldn't be surprised if in a non wrestling country like Italy,  being on Cornells's team (backup or not) gives you credibility and makes it more likely they will send you. 

What are the chances that approached Italy about flying their flag, despite his slim chances, if he would self-fund?  I could see that being a possibility for the wealthier wrestlers (and I'm not sure if Realbuto is wealthy anyway)

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

Flo likes to make it difficult, thats a fact.  I don't know why but thats what they do.  :(

At best, they are figuring out how to optimize their business model.  That's the benefit of the doubt I'm willing to give.

At worst, they're trying to establish viewing monopoly for certain events, tricking people into subscribing, and hoping they forget to cancel - trying to capture the stickiness of the subscription revenue.  If that's what they are doing, then I would make sure I wouldn't give them a single dollar of my business.  No evidence that is the case, so I'm hoping for the first point to be the truth.  

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Hey ionel:

What is this "it" you are referring to? Flo makes what difficult? Your post makes little sense.

Flo has done more to make wrestling video available than any other group in the history of wrestling.

If you want to attempt to smear Flo --  at least try to be rational.

27 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Hey ionel:

What is this "it" you are referring to? Flo makes what difficult? Your post makes little sense.

Flo has done more to make wrestling video available than any other group in the history of wrestling.

If you want to attempt to smear Flo --  at least try to be rational.

He was talking specifically about making it difficult to buy one event.  Context matters.  Pay attention.

2 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Seabass up now, down 9-3 to Moldova after one  - got in on a leg and exposed a couple times.  Definitely looks smaller than his opponent, will be good to see him at 61kg for U23s.

This aged poorly, Seabass now up 14-9

3 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Seabass up now, down 9-3 to Moldova after one  - got in on a leg and exposed a couple times.  Definitely looks smaller than his opponent, will be good to see him at 61kg for U23s.

Was down 9-zip. Came back to win 14-9.