spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

Seems very obvious that neither is definitively better than the other, right? Both easily top ten p4p, never lose to anyone else, and every match is razor thin margins decided on one or two positions. Who has 0.5% more determination and a better sleep and breakfast that morning will always determine this.

We are very lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to Yazdani.  He had a winning strategy this time and implemented it.  Seems to have overcome his cardio issues.

He's the strongest and most powerful guy at the weight, but I would still argue that DT has a wider range of skills:  a great variety of offensive attacks, supreme scrambling ability, and a gas tank second to none.

When is Round 5?

11 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Losing soundly?  I guess you would prefer to end matches at the end of the first period rather than let them play out.  Wearing a guy down and out is part of a strategy and approach.  "It ain't over until the fat lady sings," as the saying goes.

I guess you prefer to judge matches based only on the final score and not all of the action that took place. I said taor won on stamina. That's the truth. 

3 minutes ago, wamba said:

I mean, if we are including NCAA careers then yeah.

If we are looking at international resumes it's still debatable unless the comparison is simply counting hardware. 

I guess you forgot that Dake has a bunch of wins over DT in freestyle, too, including two at 86. Meanwhile, no losses.

Just now, Perry said:

I guess you prefer to judge matches based only on the final score and not all of the action that took place. I said taor won on stamina. That's the truth. 

The final score can be soooo misleading, especially where your favored buy has a lower final score than the other guy.

Just now, NJDan said:

I guess you forgot that Dake has a bunch of wins over DT in freestyle, too, including two at 86. Meanwhile, no losses.

Past domestic results are meaningless when comparing Taylor and Dake now and their place in American wrestling history. 

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

No I didn't forget. 

When comparing freestyle legacies I don't put much weight into individual matches at national team trials and honestly I'm not sure many people do.

Edited by wamba

11 minutes ago, NJDan said:

The final score can be soooo misleading, especially where your favored buy has a lower final score than the other guy.

It is not the only indicator when one wrestler is a caution away from disqualification. Taylor has won more matches, I don't argue that point, they were good wins. But let's not pretend taglor has dominated all of those matches start to finish.

3 minutes ago, MagnetBack said:

It's kind of a tired debate. 

It is a bit tired, but now we have new information. Dake just won another world title-- though it is meaningless for a variety of reasons. DT just lost to his rival-- though it really does not count for the same reasons as his losses to Dake do not count.