spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

Just now, nhs67 said:

Serious question...

Were we so focused on USA-RWF that we ignored Iran in the team race?  They had as good a day today as we did yesterday, right?

... but their day was better...

D3

Taylor bar-half pinned Yazdani and the forum is super stoked for life
I've got too many hilarious ideas.
From
"OKIE STATE 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPS"
to
"AJ Ferrari is the greatest NCAA wrestler ever"
(I don't believe either of those to just know you love the college boards)

Man gotta think this through

It’s always interesting to me to see the difference between “bought” and developed teams at all levels. The places that might have down years or periods but always rebuild due to coaching and development in place. 

So it’s very fascinating to watch how Irans coaching and development always adjust and rebound after down years.

1 minute ago, jp157 said:

It’s always interesting to me to see the difference between “bought” and developed teams at all levels. The places that might have down years or periods but always rebuild due to coaching and development in place. 

So it’s very fascinating to watch how Irans coaching and development always adjust and rebound after down years.

They have had a few down years recently.

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I've got too many hilarious ideas.
From
"OKIE STATE 2022 NATIONAL CHAMPS"
to
"AJ Ferrari is the greatest NCAA wrestler ever"
(I don't believe either of those to just know you love the college boards)

Man gotta think this through

No, stop thinking. You really can't get any funnier than that!

Taylor is walking up to the stage with his hands in his pockets.

(aw shucks, I got 2nd...)

It's amusing to see.

D3

ps... are we sure that they're in Oslo, Norway?

'cause it sure sounds like they're in Iran! (After Yazdani got on the podium...)

Edited by D3 for LU

10 minutes ago, jp157 said:

I take it that they didn't accept any of their Olympians sitting out.

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Actually the only Olympians they sent were Yazdani and Zare their two medal winners.  They changed out the other guys. New 57, 65, 74 & 97kg guys. 

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

The point is flying over your head. They would have had a good tournament irregardless with the way they are wrestling 

11 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

Actually the only Olympians they sent were Yazdani and Zare their two medal winners.  They changed out the other guys. New 57, 65, 74 & 97kg guys. 

Wow. Even more impressive in that case.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

In all but one of the matches he was losing soundly until Yaz gassed. Wasn't an issue today but the Iran coach was definitely worried about it. Taylor hasa better gas tank and maybe more unique ways to score, but that's about it as far as his points of advantage go.

DT was never "losing soundly" although in the 1st match he was 1 caution away from being DQd - The most he was down in that match by was 3 and then he scored a TD to make it 3-2.  The second match Yazdani went up by 3 again before DT answer with 2.  Yazdani scored 3 more to enter the break up 6-2.  After the break it was all DT with the score ending 11-6.  There were some very competitive sequences in that 2nd period and although Yazdani was tired he kept attacking and wrestling far more effectively than in the 1st match.  

1 hour ago, D3 for LU said:

Well... that's it.

Iran is going to run away w/ the team title.

Yazdani got the monkey off his back.

whoa!

D3

That's an early call for no reason - you have a tight team race with a lot of wrestling left to do.  Two weights haven't even started yet

3 hours ago, alliseeisgold said:

where was the iranian that beat cox at the olympics ? does he go 86 , saw he dominated naifonav once

Cox never lost to an Iranian at the Olympics - He lost to Yassar of Turkey who took Silver behind Sadulaev.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

It is a bit tired, but now we have new information. Dake just won another world title-- though it is meaningless for a variety of reasons. DT just lost to his rival-- though it really does not count for the same reasons as his losses to Dake do not count.

Dude, no one is calling Dake's title meaningless in here. And I haven't seen anyone say DT's loss is meaningless - we've just been providing some context. 

Looking at quality of competition isn't anything controversial. Unless you just want to have a elementary mathematics competition and count medals.

You need a bit of perspective as it's clear you have a bone to pick with Taylor. 

5 minutes ago, wamba said:

Dude, no one is calling Dake's title meaningless in here. And I haven't seen anyone say DT's loss is meaningless - we've just been providing some context. 

Looking at quality of competition isn't anything controversial. Unless you just want to have a elementary mathematics competition and count medals.

You need a bit of perspective as it's clear you have a bone to pick with Taylor. 

Ummm, I was being facetious. But the truth is that DT's fans do say that the Dake's head-to-head dominance is barely a factor. They also claim based one ONE GUY that 86 is harder than 79 or, now, 74.  Now that Dake has three world championships to DT's one, expect them to say that the WC does not count anything like the Olympics. They cherrypick and will now cherrypick harder.

And I like DT fine even if his fanboys are annoying.

4 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Ummm, I was being facetious. But the truth is that DT's fans do say that the Dake's head-to-head dominance is barely a factor. They also claim based one ONE GUY that 86 is harder than 79 or, now, 74.  Now that Dake has three world championships to DT's one, expect them to say that the WC does not count anything like the Olympics. They cherrypick and will now cherrypick harder.

And I like DT fine even if his fanboys are annoying.

I don't think it's controversial at all to say that winning the title at 86kg this year was harder than winning the title at 74kg while at the same time not dimishing Dake's victory. 

You are taking issue with things that haven't even been said in this thread so I don't know why you are bringing them up here. Honestly you are the one cherry picking and coming across as a fanboy - unless you just claim you are being facetious again and hide behind that...

Edited by wamba

9 minutes ago, wamba said:

I don't think it's controversial at all to say that winning the title at 86kg this year was harder than winning the title at 74kg while at the same time not dimishing Dake's victory. 

You are taking issue with things that haven't even been said in this thread so I don't know why you are bringing them up here. Honestly you are the one cherry picking and coming across as a fanboy - unless you just claim you are being facetious again and hide behind that...

OK, why is 86 always harder? Is Yaz clearly better than Sidakov? Is he better than JB, who Dake has beaten and who DT has never beaten. And many do diminish Dake's victoy by saying that Sidakov was not there or that 79 is non-Olympic trash.