spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

Burroughs was on the top of the head A LOT ... I didn't see much in the face.  The 2 on 1 post was side of head .. ref was ok with that.  I really didn't see too much face slapping.  I have seen him do much worse.  I was looking down to fix typing position periodically though.  He does club ... but not ridiculous here.

3 minutes ago, nom said:

I"m thinking they don't add points until the weight is done.

I think they're way off whoever is doing that. Right now it shows the US ahead by 2 over Russia and up by 4 over Iran. Snyder came through big time, his match with Sadulaev could decide it again. 

So, we are rooting for Iran for the 92Kg final ...

Until then though .. Need Cox to bring home a bronze.  Come on ....  Looks calm, looking up ... a little prayer?

Vs Vlasov - Ukraine.  

Cox holding center.  Vlasov passive?  Not sure.  Looks like Vlasov went out but perhaps not fully out.  Now Vlasov on clock.  Not much going on beside pushing.  Cox with back to center.  1-0 now with shot clock point.  Some mild fakes by Cox.  Vlasov pushes in .. Cox falls back onto mat but springs up.  Hmmm, that was weird.  No points.  3:25.  Cox seems to be focused on pushouts.  ???  end of period.  2-0 as Cox gets the step out.

Generally apart.  Some ties.  Cox lowers but nothing.  Cox holding center.  Ukr doing nothing at all besides blocking off.  Ref wants to call him again .. and does.  Now on clock again.  Cox lowers and fires with sweep to left but misses getting hold.  3-0 now.  1:30 to go.  Cox fires a double, gets a single and BAM to back hard!!  Nice!!   4 points.  7-0.

restart.   Cox fires again.  Gets single to a TD.  Trying a lace then moves to gut and gets the turn!!  11-0 

JDEN with the Bronze!!!

that four point move ... had a high single, moved up higher in thigh, rocked him back and then forward as he lifted and the URK other foot came off mat and out and went straight to back.  Interesting!  I don't see that happen.  How did JDen make it work?