spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

5 minutes ago, whaletail said:

Although it might be entirely down to changing weights, Daton's looking better than I've ever seen him look at 57.  Contrasting his current form vs. the guy that lost to Takahashi or the Chinese 57 and it's a bit mind boggling.

That said, he's been at ~61kg for his college career to date, and hasn't looked this good, so maybe there's more to it.

Did they find a new juice that tastes the same but doesn't taste the same?  Nowutimeen?

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Just looks like he believes he can win and they can't. So confident in his attacks.

I hope he stays this aggressive with the pressure of the finals... And clearly a serious opponent.

I still worry that his go-to attacks are a shrug and inside trip. The far ankle scramble seems risky, too. But maybe those attacks are working bc he has developed that hi-c? Idk.

Sorry guys.

It is difficult for me to be super excited about a guy in the finals that pissed hot before.

If my stance on the JO thing for 'He missed two years' is 'Oh well he shouldn't have pissed hot' then it is difficult to be thrilled that we have a guy who pissed hot in the finals.  I am not for the double standard thing.

That said, I am happy for the team.  If we win it won't have an asterisk for me, being that Russia is likely 2nd.  If there were to be an asterisk for this years worlds I would be more inclined to do it due to past red hot pissing sanctions than I would be to it being watered down.

I said what I said.

4 minutes ago, jackwebster said:

I still worry that his go-to attacks are a shrug and inside trip. The far ankle scramble seems risky, too. But maybe those attacks are working bc he has developed that hi-c? Idk.

Did you see the RWF guys arm drag?  He has the length at 61 where he doesn't even need to be near you to do it.  Fox looked small compared to a couple of the 'true' 61 guys he faced.  Fix can't keep space and win.  He will need to bull his way in.  The match should be great.

Did you see the RWF guys arm drag?  He has the length at 61 where he doesn't even need to be near you to do it.  Fox looked small compared to a couple of the 'true' 61 guys he faced.  Fix can't keep space and win.  He will need to bull his way in.  The match should be great.
I was curious if he would look small vs Lomtadze.
Lomtadze looked ok sized at 65kg, but clearly we didn't get to see it... Magomedov is big for the weight, should be interesting. But I hope we roll

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Last post is in jest.

What do you think the Russians have to say about him pissing hot before with their 'country' being banned?

Considering they're there regardless I wouldn't call changing a couple letters on their singlet a "ban". Fix is still a novice compared to Russia when it comes to that stuff.

Just now, spladle08 said:

@nhs67 is simply saying Fix should've had to wrestle under a different name .

"Daton Fix Wrestling Person" would've sufficed

I wouldn't have been any more excited to see him in the finals, as a fan of USAW.

In any case we are going to see a lot of folks not at OTT for 2024 that we want to see.  Unfortunately pissing hot before is a more allowable offense than other political things are.

I would like to leave it at that.

I am very excited, as a fan of good wrestling, to see the 61kg finals.  Don't get me wrong.  Two world class grapplers who have dominated very good wrestlers to get there.  Will one dominate?  I think so.  Not sure which one, though.

3 minutes ago, scribe said:

We didn’t even take one Olympic gold medalist 

We did though, David Taylor.

Oh, you mean we didn’t take one of our gold medalists in Gable Steveson.  Got ya.

Edited by Mokoma

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:
Yeah he is saying 'We are steamrolling without our best wrestler'

Who were you saying won't be at the trials in 2024

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Unless you meant Gable, but I assume you meant something more sinister

Aye.  Our Olympic committee will require C19 Vaccination to compete.

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

Other than 65 (which both semis feel like tosses) ..

Maybe the semis opposite Gilman. Atli is the favorite but I don't think by that much .

Obviously the Cox match has me a little nervy .

I would honestly be surprised if any of our guys this round give up a point