spladle08

Worlds Day 2 57/65/79/92kg

Just now, spladle08 said:

He was game....
He was up against it until that ending sequence. I think that helped our Gilman for gold chances even more . (Even though I think he would've beat Atli) it's Gilmans to lose

It's a bit of a bummer for Gilman that the weight is so depleted that some will discount it.  He could have won this weight even if Uguev was there (obviously much more difficult), but none of the other Olympic medalists is going to hold down the result for some.

Just now, VakAttack said:

It's a bit of a bummer for Gilman that the weight is so depleted that some will discount it.  He could have won this weight even if Uguev was there (obviously much more difficult), but none of the other Olympic medalists is going to hold down the result for some.

Whose going to discount it? The guy is in the finals with a still broken foot at the world championships 

... I would happen to agree with you there, spladle. Gilman is looking good.

Funny to see that two, out of the three wrestlers in the 57Kg semis, have similar body styles (Gilman, Sarlak, & Lehr.)

Should be an entertaining finals @ 57 kg!

D3

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

Whose going to discount it? The guy is in the finals with a still broken foot at the world championships 

Guaranteed it will happen.  People were talking about how depleted the weight was before the tournament.  And it was!  But you can see from Gilman's Uguev match he's right there with the best guy at the weight in the world, he could have won this weight even with those guys here.  That's all I'm saying, the perceived top 4 are all of a level with one another.  People said similar things about Jake Herbert's world silver way back when.