Jump to content
Spladdel

Mason Parris vs. Amir Zare

Recommended Posts

What has Parris done since then? What has Zare done since then?
I'm a big Zare fan so clearly we are on the same side.

American's who choose not to think ..... Think that Parris is better than everyone who Zare beats because he beat Zare.

The OP stole my name and made a ridiculous post .

#Shame .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I'm a big Zare fan so clearly we are on the same side.

American's who choose not to think ..... Think that Parris is better than everyone who Zare beats because he beat Zare.

The OP stole my name and made a ridiculous post .

#Shame .

He improved on your name and this post is waaaay better than anything you've done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Nobody wants to admit this, but this was a fluke. Parris caught him with a junior high dump, which Zare has probably never felt or seen in his life. The results since then speak for themselves.

I watch that match and I can't help but think of D Taylor getting caught and stuck as a college freshman in NCAA finals.  Zare like Taylor obviously has not let that loss stop his development or slow down his pursuit of higher goals.  I think Parris still has a lot of room to improve as a wrestler but he is going to have to do that in spades if he ever wants to beat Zare again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mason Parris got knocked out of the OTTs by a guy still recovering from a staph blood infection.

Zare just won what arguably the deepest weight class at Worlds, beating Gwiz, Taha and Geno to do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Mason Parris got knocked out of the OTTs by a guy still recovering from a staph blood infection.

Zare just won what arguably the deepest weight class at Worlds, beating Gwiz, Taha and Geno to do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Parris just make it to the Finals of this year's WTT's?  Cherry pick much???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I watch that match and I can't help but think of D Taylor getting caught and stuck as a college freshman in NCAA finals.  Zare like Taylor obviously has not let that loss stop his development or slow down his pursuit of higher goals.  I think Parris still has a lot of room to improve as a wrestler but he is going to have to do that in spades if he ever wants to beat Zare again.

Taylor did NOT "get caught".  If you stop on a single with your knees next to your chin, Bubba Jenkins was going to cradle you.  J. Jaggers was going to cradle you.  Hell, ask DeSanto about RBY.  This a standard counter to a single if you get your head trapped and can't come off your knees.  "Getting caught" implies flukiness.  That position was no fluke.  Now, Taylor got better to never allow himself to be in that position again, or at least not be in it with someone skilled enough to work that pinning combination, but that was a well drilled position by Jenkins and he capitalized on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Taylor did NOT "get caught".  If you stop on a single with your knees next to your chin, Bubba Jenkins was going to cradle you.  J. Jaggers was going to cradle you.  Hell, ask DeSanto about RBY.  This a standard counter to a single if you get your head trapped and can't come off your knees.  "Getting caught" implies flukiness.  That position was no fluke.  Now, Taylor got better to never allow himself to be in that position again, or at least not be in it with someone skilled enough to work that pinning combination, but that was a well drilled position by Jenkins and he capitalized on it!

Didn't mean to imply that it was a fluke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicholas Strub said:

It's a move that can have success at the high school level also.

Hell, Dieringer almost stuck Burroughs in OTT's with an outside leg version.  DeSanto also made a living off of similar moves.  It just looks different at 285 because Parris uses all the arm pressure without attacking a leg and circles once he gets both guys body's on the mat, so it becomes such a shorter "dump" than the lighter guys who need to use a modified leg attack along with the arm clamp to get their opponents on their hips.  Such a great move if you can get them so focused on clearing/countering the tri clamp pressure that they get off balance and leave themselves open...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2021 at 4:35 AM, The Genius said:

What has Parris done since then? What has Zare done since then?

This.  As others have said, it was a fluke win.  Steveson vs. Zare is the match everyone wants to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Taylor did NOT "get caught".  If you stop on a single with your knees next to your chin, Bubba Jenkins was going to cradle you.  J. Jaggers was going to cradle you.  Hell, ask DeSanto about RBY.  This a standard counter to a single if you get your head trapped and can't come off your knees.  "Getting caught" implies flukiness.  That position was no fluke.  Now, Taylor got better to never allow himself to be in that position again, or at least not be in it with someone skilled enough to work that pinning combination, but that was a well drilled position by Jenkins and he capitalized on it!

Totally agree except that ALL of DT's losses are flukes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Hell, Dieringer almost stuck Burroughs in OTT's with an outside leg version.  DeSanto also made a living off of similar moves.  It just looks different at 285 because Parris uses all the arm pressure without attacking a leg and circles once he gets both guys body's on the mat, so it becomes such a shorter "dump" than the lighter guys who need to use a modified leg attack along with the arm clamp to get their opponents on their hips.  Such a great move if you can get them so focused on clearing/countering the tri clamp pressure that they get off balance and leave themselves open...

Taylor also cradled Burroughs from that position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...