Spladdel

Mason Parris vs. Amir Zare

What has Parris done since then? What has Zare done since then?
I'm a big Zare fan so clearly we are on the same side.

American's who choose not to think ..... Think that Parris is better than everyone who Zare beats because he beat Zare.

The OP stole my name and made a ridiculous post .

#Shame .

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:

I'm a big Zare fan so clearly we are on the same side.

American's who choose not to think ..... Think that Parris is better than everyone who Zare beats because he beat Zare.

The OP stole my name and made a ridiculous post .

#Shame .

He improved on your name and this post is waaaay better than anything you've done.

23 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Nobody wants to admit this, but this was a fluke. Parris caught him with a junior high dump, which Zare has probably never felt or seen in his life. The results since then speak for themselves.

I watch that match and I can't help but think of D Taylor getting caught and stuck as a college freshman in NCAA finals.  Zare like Taylor obviously has not let that loss stop his development or slow down his pursuit of higher goals.  I think Parris still has a lot of room to improve as a wrestler but he is going to have to do that in spades if he ever wants to beat Zare again.

Mason Parris got knocked out of the OTTs by a guy still recovering from a staph blood infection.

Zare just won what arguably the deepest weight class at Worlds, beating Gwiz, Taha and Geno to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Mason Parris got knocked out of the OTTs by a guy still recovering from a staph blood infection.

Zare just won what arguably the deepest weight class at Worlds, beating Gwiz, Taha and Geno to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't Parris just make it to the Finals of this year's WTT's?  Cherry pick much???

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

I watch that match and I can't help but think of D Taylor getting caught and stuck as a college freshman in NCAA finals.  Zare like Taylor obviously has not let that loss stop his development or slow down his pursuit of higher goals.  I think Parris still has a lot of room to improve as a wrestler but he is going to have to do that in spades if he ever wants to beat Zare again.

Taylor did NOT "get caught".  If you stop on a single with your knees next to your chin, Bubba Jenkins was going to cradle you.  J. Jaggers was going to cradle you.  Hell, ask DeSanto about RBY.  This a standard counter to a single if you get your head trapped and can't come off your knees.  "Getting caught" implies flukiness.  That position was no fluke.  Now, Taylor got better to never allow himself to be in that position again, or at least not be in it with someone skilled enough to work that pinning combination, but that was a well drilled position by Jenkins and he capitalized on it!

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Taylor did NOT "get caught".  If you stop on a single with your knees next to your chin, Bubba Jenkins was going to cradle you.  J. Jaggers was going to cradle you.  Hell, ask DeSanto about RBY.  This a standard counter to a single if you get your head trapped and can't come off your knees.  "Getting caught" implies flukiness.  That position was no fluke.  Now, Taylor got better to never allow himself to be in that position again, or at least not be in it with someone skilled enough to work that pinning combination, but that was a well drilled position by Jenkins and he capitalized on it!

Didn't mean to imply that it was a fluke 

1 hour ago, Nicholas Strub said:

It's a move that can have success at the high school level also.

Hell, Dieringer almost stuck Burroughs in OTT's with an outside leg version.  DeSanto also made a living off of similar moves.  It just looks different at 285 because Parris uses all the arm pressure without attacking a leg and circles once he gets both guys body's on the mat, so it becomes such a shorter "dump" than the lighter guys who need to use a modified leg attack along with the arm clamp to get their opponents on their hips.  Such a great move if you can get them so focused on clearing/countering the tri clamp pressure that they get off balance and leave themselves open...

On 10/3/2021 at 4:35 AM, The Genius said:

What has Parris done since then? What has Zare done since then?

This.  As others have said, it was a fluke win.  Steveson vs. Zare is the match everyone wants to see.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Totally agree except that ALL of DT's losses are flukes.

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

Hell, Dieringer almost stuck Burroughs in OTT's with an outside leg version.  DeSanto also made a living off of similar moves.  It just looks different at 285 because Parris uses all the arm pressure without attacking a leg and circles once he gets both guys body's on the mat, so it becomes such a shorter "dump" than the lighter guys who need to use a modified leg attack along with the arm clamp to get their opponents on their hips.  Such a great move if you can get them so focused on clearing/countering the tri clamp pressure that they get off balance and leave themselves open...

Taylor also cradled Burroughs from that position.