BoilerUp$

What if suriano goes to Michigan

On 10/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Same career losses yet less titles, less total wins, less marquee wins, less bonus. Oh yeah, he also lost to NaTo and Arujau in freestyle, the same style where he had that one good tournament that is forming the basis of the hype. 

On 10/3/2021 at 2:52 PM, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Same career losses yet less titles, less total wins, less marquee wins, less bonus. Oh yeah, he also lost to NaTo and Arujau in freestyle, the same style where he had that one good tournament that is forming the basis of the hype. 

Who won that tourney?

18 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Who won that tourney?

I don't think my original post was very clear. The one tournament that I was referring to was the Henri Deglane, which I feel is the source of Suriano's outsized hype. Besides that tournament, he did ok at the Pellicone, had no offense at WTT's, lost to Arujau at Senior Nationals, lost to Gross at the Bill Farrell, and had a very iffy win against Fix the last time he competed in college, over 2 years ago. 

Sure, if Lee is significantly impacted, Suriano could win. Even then, I don't have much faith in Suriano's offense and I don't think Spencer wrestles unless he and the coaches feel pretty damn good about his health and ability to perform. There is also the question of how much folkstyle has Suriano wrestled in the last 2 years? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

I don't think my original post was very clear. The one tournament that I was referring to was the Henri Deglane, which I feel is the source of Suriano's outsized hype. Besides that tournament, he did ok at the Pellicone, had no offense at WTT's, lost to Arujau at Senior Nationals, lost to Gross at the Bill Farrell, and had a very iffy win against Fix the last time he competed in college, over 2 years ago. 

Sure, if Lee is significantly impacted, Suriano could win. Even then, I don't have much faith in Suriano's offense and I don't think Spencer wrestles unless he and the coaches feel pretty damn good about his health and ability to perform. There is also the question of how much folkstyle has Suriano wrestled in the last 2 years? 

You were clear, I guess I was thinking about 2018 Sr. Nationals where Suriano lost to Vito, wrestled back and then forfeited to Vito.IN a weight won by Lee.

8 hours ago, Idaho said:

So to sum it up ...Suriano has a chance if Lee is hurt. 

Suriano only has a chance if he doesn't have to wrestle Lee.

Meaning if Lee takes the mat, Suriano has a much less chance than the original 45(S)-55(L) ratio number dictated.

If Suriano is down and Vito is ultimately down to 125 - this will be some unexpected entertainment in the weight class.  Spencer, Vito, Suriano, Glory, is a pretty fierce top four for what was a very top-heavy weight class last year

Edited by flyingcement

3 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

Got to figure a wrestler would beat a body builder any day of the week, but I want to see the no acl  version of that wrestler compete first. 

So Suriano is not a wrestler?  Undefeated in High School and arguably the best NJ wrestler ever.  College National Champion.  Took 2nd losing to Lee coming out of the hospital. 

Why be such a jagoff?    

2 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

So Suriano is not a wrestler?  Undefeated in High School and arguably the best NJ wrestler ever.  College National Champion.  Took 2nd losing to Lee coming out of the hospital. 

Why be such a jagoff?    

His National Championship in college has a giant asterisk next to it due to the clear rule violation  (not called for some reason) that lead directly to his "winning" TD.

10 minutes ago, TFBJR said:

Why be such a jagoff?    

Lighten up, Francis! These are jokes. 

I'm a big Fix fan but I'm more disappointed with them calling stalemate with double boots in for like 3 seconds, than I am the headgear grab.

But asterisk or not, dude is a national champion. 133 is far too difficult and 125 is super manageable especially if you consider he and Lee a toss. 0 lose situation for Suriano.

#Cheers

On 10/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, nhs67 said:

Peak performance then for UofM, and with Massa in the lineup and Lamer at 141:

125-2nd

Nicky Pushups isn't beating Lee.

133-1st

Micic could win.

141-5/8

Lamer is an absolute STUD.

149-5/8

Storr wins a few more of those 1 point matches

157-3/6

Lewan has the skillz

165-3/6

Amine on his cousins trajectory?

174-1st

The only 174lber I don't think Massa can beat is Labs

184-1st

Amine can win

197-3/6

Brucki won't have a problem with anyone's physicality.  I wanted to put 1st but was tentative

285-2nd

Parris isn't beating his Father.

PEAK performance.

Back to this - have you heard any chat about whether they would consider pulling the redshirt for Lamer and going for it this year?  

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Back to this - have you heard any chat about whether they would consider pulling the redshirt for Lamer and going for it this year?  

Man.  I wish.

I also wished he didn't have two MFF at the MSU Open so we would have a better idea of actually how good he is.