spladle08

Worlds Day 3 70/97kg

Team race is in the balance
Gilman and JB have H2Hs they can win
And Iran has 2 finalists at weights we do not.

70kg James Green has a decent draw and should make the quarters, once there it's a coinflip. He could be a finalist or a DNP. Don't have a ton of expectations.
(Iran is on the other side and has a pretty favorable draw )

97kg should be Snyder vs Goliej in the semis... You'd favor Snyder but man............

Won't let me add to the title but womens 55/62 also going .

Joker has a fair draw.
Miracle has a slightly tougher one.
Let's hope the girls can perform similar to the Olympics and bring home some hardware .

#LetsGoUSA

14 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Why do they have a separate day for two weights? Could have done five per day. But I guess they want to force up to get up at 4:30 AM again.

You do realize there is more than just men's freestyle right? Women's 55 and 62 are also going tomorrow.

Just now, Red95 said:

You do realize there is more than just men's freestyle right? Women's 55 and 62 are also going tomorrow.

So? They should 5 FS weights on Day 1, 5 more on Day 2, 5 WFS on day # etc.  Makes no sense to do 4-4-2+2 UNLESS the goal is to force fans to watch the women, which, now that I say it, probably is the goal. 

Wouldn't let me change the title but
Just checked out their draws.
On the surface they're both decent enough, Miracle may have a slightly tougher road.

I need to glance over the other girls and see who all Japan sent .

41 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Why do they have a separate day for two weights? Could have done five per day. But I guess they want to force up to get up at 4:30 AM again.

It is very frustrating, especially when you realize the #1 priority for UWW in building the schedule is considering what New Jersey is doing at 4:30 in the morning. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

It is very frustrating, especially when you realize the #1 priority for UWW in building the schedule is considering what New Jersey is doing at 4:30 in the morning. 

Another subtraction from the sum of human knowledge.

53 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Team race is in the balance
Gilman and JB have H2Hs they can win
And Iran has 2 finalists at weights we do not.

70kg James Green has a decent draw and should make the quarters, once there it's a coinflip. He could be a finalist or a DNP. Don't have a ton of expectations.
(Iran is on the other side and has a pretty favorable draw )

97kg should be Snyder vs Goliej in the semis... You'd favor Snyder but man............

Won't let me add to the title but womens 55/62 also going .

Joker has a fair draw.
Miracle has a slightly tougher one.
Let's hope the girls can perform similar to the Olympics and bring home some hardware .

#LetsGoUSA

Goliej's 1st match is against Okidadze of Georgia.  He has a history of beating Iranians. If the Iranian wins that he has to get by a pretty good Kazak guy to make the semis. I don't know a lot about the 70 kg guy from Iran - he starts out with Japan and has the Armenian and Kirgizstan guy in his quarter.

1 minute ago, lu1979 said:

Goliej's 1st match is against Okidadze of Georgia.  He has a history of beating Iranians. If the Iranian wins that he has to get by a pretty good Kazak guy to make the semis. I don't know a lot about the 70 kg guy from Iran - he starts out with Japan and has the Armenian and Kirgizstan guy in his quarter.

He won junior worlds at 70 in August. Not too sure what to expect of him. 

14 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Wouldn't let me change the title but
Just checked out their draws.
On the surface they're both decent enough, Miracle may have a slightly tougher road.

I need to glance over the other girls and see who all Japan sent .

Japan's WFS  team is loaded with very young talent that have lots of age group accolades.  I have a feeling they are going to be very good.  I would love to see the US ladies win the team title but taking out Japan even without some of their #1s is a tall order.

2 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

He won junior worlds at 70 in August. Not too sure what to expect of him. 

I remember watching him at Juniors - he looked really good there but it is a huge step up to seniors.  I certainly would not expect any of the USA's 3 junior Gold winners to be able to do anything at this tournament.

Okidadze beats some guys i would never expect him to .

Nice catch. Going to have to keep my eyes on that match tomorrow.

There are a ton of similar level guys at 70kg I have no idea who should be in the finals

3 hours ago, lu1979 said:

Japan's WFS  team is loaded with very young talent that have lots of age group accolades.  I have a feeling they are going to be very good.  I would love to see the US ladies win the team title but taking out Japan even without some of their #1s is a tall order.

Japan literally didn't send any of their #1s or #2s to this World Championships.  If our women's team can't win the team title by a huge margin, there is something really, really wrong.

3 hours ago, NJDan said:

So? They should 5 FS weights on Day 1, 5 more on Day 2, 5 WFS on day # etc.  Makes no sense to do 4-4-2+2 UNLESS the goal is to force fans to watch the women, which, now that I say it, probably is the goal. 

UWW is a business with 30 weights to contest.  They would do less weights per day before they did more.  More streaming days means more money.

I imagine that since this has been brought up in no less than three other threads the last 24 hours by me that you either have me on ignore, don't care, or are attempting to flame Spladle some more.

With the complete lack if class you have shown these last few weeks, I am guessing it is the latter and more likely all three than none at all.

1 minute ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Japan literally didn't send any of their #1s or #2s to this World Championships.  If our women's team can't win the team title by a huge margin, there is something really, really wrong.

To be fair, we would lose MFS to the Russians against their 1 and 2 as well.

11 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

To be fair, we would lose MFS to the Russians against their 1 and 2 as well.

That is very true, but like I've said before, Japan's team this year is really, really young. Don't know how they're going to do minus their 4 Olympic champions.  If those 4 were at the World Championships, it's almost a guaranteed finals appearance for each of them.

As I've also said before, look out at 53kg(Akari Fujinami) and possibly 62kg(Nonoka Ozaki).  Fujinami is 17 and Ozaki is 18 Both are phenominal, but Ozaki is opening against defending World Champ and Olympic silver, Tynybekova.  If Ozaki wins that, I'm looking for her on the top part of the bracket in the finals against hopefully Kayla on the bottom part of the bracket.

43 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Can people PLEASE stop responding to NJDan at this point?  Put on ignore and move on, it's enough already...

I did that with Spladle08, thank goodness.

46 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Can people PLEASE stop responding to NJDan at this point?  Put on ignore and move on, it's enough already...

I've never encountered you before and have no idea what your beef is. But just one post responds to me.

4 hours ago, NJDan said:

your suggestion would turn a 9-day event into an 11-day event.

5 hours ago, NJDan said:

While this year the brackets are smaller, it wouldn’t be possible time-wise to do 5 weights in normal years.

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
9 minutes ago, Jrr277 said:
Just checked and worlds next year are in Rome (same time zone as Oslo), so those of us in the US will have another very early viewing schedule

So you're saying half of us here on these boards should plan a trip to Rome ?

Only if you want to watch Cadets. Seniors is in Belgrade. 

They were originally in Russia, but the whole doping thing pushed back their hosting a year. 

Edited by cowcards15