spladle08

Worlds Day 3 70/97kg

Only if you want to watch Cadets. Seniors is in Belgrade. 
I gotta look at what I'm posting.
Let's go to Belgrade.
I call top bunk!

No but seriously when are they in they states next? I's not far off is it? There's a 100% chance I'm attending if I'm still alive and kickin.

4 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I gotta look at what I'm posting.
Let's go to Belgrade.
I call top bunk!

No but seriously when are they in they states next? I's not far off is it? There's a 100% chance I'm attending if I'm still alive and kickin.

I’ll be there barring any unforeseen circumstances. 

Maybe a handful of years. They were here in 2015. Lots of other places can host. Don’t know when they were here before that. 

edit - looks like NYC hosted the women worlds in 2003 and San Diego the men in 1979. So probably not super soon. 

Edited by cowcards15

2 minutes ago, Jrr277 said:

We had the men in 95 in Atlanta, but that's the last one I remember before Vegas

You’re right. I didn’t realize FS and GR were split before 2003 too. Makes sense why we wouldn’t have hosted that one for so long. I think they’ll be back here this decade sometime between 2024-2029. 

4 hours ago, CA_Wrestler said:

Japan literally didn't send any of their #1s or #2s to this World Championships.  If our women's team can't win the team title by a huge margin, there is something really, really wrong.

What Japan did send was their young rising stars who have dominated in the age groups.  We will see how it shakes out.

Edited by lu1979

8 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah I see it's in Kras in 2023 .... Maybe it was the World Cup I saw.... I dunno I swear I saw something in 2026 or something. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills. .... Wait
I bet I was thinking of the 2028 Summer Olympics

That’s a good point. With US having Olympics they probably wouldn’t give worlds here until some years after that. I retract my previous guess and say some time in the 2030 decade. 

5 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Interesting. Seabass gives up a caution +1 on a pushout and gets put down in par terre and gives up a 2 point turn. 

Can you explain that one? I’ve never seen someone put down for fleeing when there was no takedown to begin with. 

Just now, cowcards15 said:

Can you explain that one? I’ve never seen someone put down for fleeing when there was no takedown to begin with. 

I think it was home cooking officiating. I've never seen that either. I've only seen somebody put down under the current rules when they were fleeing a scoring hold. Seabass just got into an overhook and got pushed out while grounded.