Perry

Covid in 21/22

To start, please don't turn this thread to a troll fest (I'm sure this will devolve into a sh!7 storm though). 

Have any special covid restrictions for this season been announced? Football is obviously packing stadiums atm but those are also outdoors so I'm wondering if there are different rules there. Will duals be available to seat to capacity again? Will masks be required in doors? Or do these possibly depend on the location of the meets? I assume no schools have announced they won't be competing at this point?

Cornell, with twelve student positives in the past seven days (and a positivity rate of .12%, has a status of "New Normal."  Among other things, this means"

Cornell-sponsored events, student activities and other gatherings of Cornell students, faculty and staff may take place (indoors or outdoors).

There are 75% capacity restrictions in place in some circumstances, I believe.  Mask are always required indoors.

In Illinois, state madate still applies, so masks required indoors. Not sure about capacity limits. With the vax coming out for age 5-12 hopefully in Nov. and this new Merck antiviral pill, I'm hoping infection rates start dropping again and the mask requirement drop off by January.

The NCAA recommends wrestlers either be vaccinated or antigen tested 3x per week and within 24 hours of competition (1x per week for PCR). I have heard of teams that will only wrestle against other teams that follow this guideline. I assume all D1 teams are following it, so there won't be any issues.

An interesting question will be what the vaccine requirements will be in Detroit for indoor events in March. These requirements can change on a dime and some fans might be out of luck. Obviously there’s no way of knowing now what those will be. 

i think we're going to see mask requirements for a while. for both public policy and litigation fear reasons, i think a lot of places/governments are going to err on the side of caution. i will say that mask compliance was pretty low at both citifield and yankee stadium once people got inside and mask enforcement was zero. this is probably the right approach for outdoor venues.

22 hours ago, klehner said:

Cornell, with twelve student positives in the past seven days (and a positivity rate of .12%, has a status of "New Normal."  Among other things, this means"

There are 75% capacity restrictions in place in some circumstances, I believe.  Mask are always required indoors.

Spectator Guidelines for Indoor Events

Any event attendee who is not a current Cornell employee or student (such as alumni, visitors, guests, donors, community members, and others) must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or the results of a negative COVID-19 test taken within the prior 72 hours in order to attend. Each employee or student must present a valid Cornell ID to gain entry to a ticketed event.

All faculty, staff, students and visitors – regardless of vaccination status – are required to wear masks when inside campus buildings or facilities.

16 minutes ago, DanGerMan said:

Spectator Guidelines for Indoor Events

All faculty, staff, students and visitors – regardless of vaccination status – are required to wear masks when inside campus buildings or facilities.

so ... just the Cornell wrestlers or also the visiting opponents?

I know of at least  2 college opens/invites with over 500 committed already.   I think we will see a surge of cases.   Plus places mandating are doing terrible job of enforcing.   We are not like Japan where the workers in the tournament were going up to fans telling them to put the masks up.  

On 10/5/2021 at 6:05 PM, flyingcement said:

I would like to see us evolve the headgear to also include a mask. But each wrestler will have a customized design like in Mexican Lucha Libre.  Just have the N95 technology over the mouth hole and problem solved

300px-Lucha_Masks.jpg

Perfect timing for the new NIL rules.