nom

Better wrestling career on mat - DT or Cael? Who has more prestige?

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Oh really? You said, "Taylor beat Yazdani three times before he succumbed." But now you are talking about a different Yazdani? Anyway, he likely would not have wrestled Reza Yazdani either as that guy was a 96K and Cael wrestled at 84K and was active years before Reza. Try to do better.

Actually, he mentioned Taylor-Yaz AFTER Cael with Romero/Sajidov/Yaz. Pretty clear at that point he was talking about the earlier one.

14 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Actually, he mentioned Taylor-Yaz AFTER Cael with Romero/Sajidov/Yaz. Pretty clear at that point he was talking about the earlier one.

Well, how about using the first name? Ever think of that. Also, as I noted, no matter which Yaz he was trying to talk about, he'd be wrong. Cael would not have wrestled either one.

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Well, how about using the first name? Ever think of that. Also, as I noted, no matter which Yaz he was trying to talk about, he'd be wrong. Cael would not have wrestled either one.

Of course, I thought of it. I got it anyway. Wasn't that difficult. And people do go up in weight sometimes. Sadulaev did exactly that.

7 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Of course, I thought of it. I got it anyway. Wasn't that difficult. And people do go up in weight sometimes. Sadulaev did exactly that.

But Cael would have had to go up 2 weights AND been 5-10 years younger to face Reza. Give it up.

7 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Bronze 2007 Baku 84kg.

Does this ever start to bother you?

right. missed that. I should have said it was five years before he won gold, which was in 2011 at 96K.  All told, he does not line up as top rival for Cael, who won Olympic gold in 2004. They are five years apart in age and, at their primes, 2 weight classes apart.

Edited by NJDan

No man is perfect. Hector had Achilles, Alinze the Cat had Okonkwo. Without a rival one suspects the competition. Statistics will inevitably give you a perfect record over four-years. The mark of the GOAT is etched by rivals. Cael had no great rivals even ininternational competition. He beat A. Saitiev, lost to Sajidov, no rematches. I'm not sure If I count Romero.

Taylor has his rival.

Edited by jackwebster

On 10/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, NJDan said:

Oh really? You said, "Taylor beat Yazdani three times before he succumbed." But now you are talking about a different Yazdani? Anyway, he likely would not have wrestled Reza Yazdani either as that guy was a 96K and Cael wrestled at 84K and was active years before Reza. Try to do better.

I will let you bask in your ignorance. 

14 hours ago, NJDan said:

right. missed that. I should have said it was five years before he won gold, which was in 2011 at 96K.  All told, he does not line up as top rival for Cael, who won Olympic gold in 2004. They are five years apart in age and, at their primes, 2 weight classes apart.

Dan admitting you’re wrong is a sign of something. Not sure what but show us a sign. 

Edited by BigTimeFan