lu1979

Team Race Down to the Wire

Tomorrow the Men's FS wraps up - Currently the scores stand at (this is with all earned points already assigned) EDITED BASED ON INFO FROM LATER POSTS

Russia - 163 pts

USA - 168 pts

Iran - 151 pts

Highest points each team can score if they win all their matches:

Russia - 173

USA - 173

Iran - 171

Russia has one guy wrestling for Gold (97) and 1 for Bronze(70).  Iran has 1 wrestling for Bronze (97) and 1 in reparcharge (70) and the USA has 1 wrestling for Gold (97)

For the US to win we need Snyder to beat Sadulaev.  If Snyder loses and the Russian bronze guy loses also US & Russia can tie  at 168 pts.  If that happens Iran could win if both their guys take bronze.

If Russia wins both matches they have the team title. If Snyder loses to Sad and the Russian 70 kg loses US & Russia tie.  

Edited by lu1979

51 minutes ago, jmachinder said:

USA actually has 168 points and James Green is assured 7th place.  

I didn't know Green had locked up 7th place and did not include points for him in my original post - that means that USA's lowest possible score will be 168 and our highest will be 173 (with a W by Snyder)  Based on that T & S is right above - if Snyder loses and the 70 kg Russian also loses both teams will have 168 pts.  If that happens Iran could pass both teams if they win both bronzes tomorrow - they would end up with 171 pts.  We really do have a 3 team race coming down to the last matches.

12 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I don't not understand the impulse to make vapid, sneering remarks on behalf of people who didn't show up for a tournament....

Was that an intentional double negative?  So, you are saying you understand the impulse?

10 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

US would have tiebreaker. (most individual champs?)

Is Sadulaev wins and RWF 70kg loses...  Both would have three champs, but USA would have higher number of runners-up:

1st     2nd     3rd     5th
USA 3 3 1 1
RWF 3 1 3 2

4 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Is Sadulaev wins and RWF 70kg loses...  Both would have three champs, but USA would have higher number of runners-up:

1st     2nd     3rd     5th
USA 3 3 1 1
RWF 3 1 3 2

OK! Sounds good!

And the Iranian 97 also must lose?

Edited by AHamilton

8 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

OK! Sounds good!

And the Iranian 97 also must lose?

Correct.  If Sadulaev wins, and RWF 70kg loses to Iran.  If Iran 97kg wins the 3-5 bout, the final looks like this:

1st     2nd      3rd      5th        Points
Iran 3 3 2 0 171
USA 3 3 1 1 168
RWF 3 1 3 2 168

If Sadulaev wins, and RWF 70kg loses to Iran.  If Iran 97kg loses the 3-5 bout, the final looks like this:

1st     2nd      3rd      5th        Points
USA 3 3 1 1 168
RWF 3 1 3 2 168
Iran 3 3 1 1 166
Edited by lu_alum

Far from their D team. This is their B team with some As sprinkled in. 

It's tough cause a few weights have clear C's if not D's but I fully acknowledge 86/97 are clear A's 61kg is their best for the weight I believe.

Off the top of my head with 0 research so hopefully somebody looks into it

57kg C/D debatable

61kg A

65kg B/C debatable

70kg B/C debatable

74kg F?

79kg C

86kg A

92kg A

97kg A

125kg D

Yeah I guess it was a pretty good team. With 4 of 10 weights A team guys it's definitely hard to call it less than a B team ..

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

It's tough cause a few weights have clear C's if not D's but I fully acknowledge 86/97 are clear A's

61kg is their best for the weight I believe.

Off the top of my head with 0 research so hopefully somebody looks into it

57kg C/D debatable

61kg A

65kg B/C debatable

70kg B/C debatable

74kg F?

79kg C

86kg A

92kg A

97kg A

125kg D

Yeah I guess it was a pretty good team. With 4 of 10 weights A team guys it's definitely hard to call it less than a B team ..

125 is not their D. He is the A. He beat Kozyrev in a wrestle-off after his poor Olympics. Russia is not good at 125. 

7 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I was just guessing. I didn't even see the wrestle-off result.
Fail me

I went down all of flo’s rankings. All A and Bs aside from Zhamalov because he’s hurt. They chose the Russian ranked below him. 

I went down all of flo’s rankings. All A and Bs aside from Zhamalov because he’s hurt. They chose the Russian ranked below him. 

I would've expected them to send Gazi or Kurb or somebody but those are just people I think of when I think of who's in the running for the top spot. I know Bizhoev is tough but I just assumes he was a tier down  

I should've researched before I commented.

9 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

Spladle08 doesn't know about rankings. He just guesses.