Sign in to follow this  
OR

New Oregon DIII College Program - Linfield

Linfield University is adding men's and women's wrestling.  Great news for the Pac NW.  The Restore Oregon College Wrestling organization is doing a great job bringing back many of the smaller college wrestling programs we have lost over the years.  Hoping this momentum can eventually lead to Oregon and Portland State reviving their programs!

https://www.linfield.edu/linfield-news/mens-and-womens-wrestling/

Linfield has an exceptional football program, I hope that the wrestling team can follow suit.

17 hours ago, OR said:

Linfield University is adding men's and women's wrestling.  Great news for the Pac NW.  The Restore Oregon College Wrestling organization is doing a great job bringing back many of the smaller college wrestling programs we have lost over the years.  Hoping this momentum can eventually lead to Oregon and Portland State reviving their programs!

https://www.linfield.edu/linfield-news/mens-and-womens-wrestling/

Linfield has an exceptional football program, I hope that the wrestling team can follow suit.

Great news indeed.   Very good for Pacific.   This now makes those two the  farthest west DIII programs,   Schreiner (TX)  Neb Wesleyan, and Ozarks I believe are 3-5

Now 114 d3 teams

76 d1?

40 something d2?

40 something NAIA?

50 NJCAA?

20 CAJCA?

Total # of teams   Total # of Athletes   Average Roster   Scholarship limit   Average
Totals 419   419 76   11,366 1,070   27 14  
Division : Schools   Men's Women's   Men Women   Men's Women's   Men Women   Scholarship
NCAA I 79 NJCAA-logo.jpg 79 2 NJCAA-logo.jpg 2,615 18 NJCAA-logo.jpg 33 9 NJCAA-logo.jpg 9.9 - NJCAA-logo.jpg 16,761
NCAA II 64   64 10   1,946 141   30 14   9 -   6,233
NCAA III 118   118 23   3,210 230   27 10   - -    
NAIA 71   71 32   1,768 576   25 18   10 -   8,980
NJCAA 53   53 4   1,145 24   22 6   20     1,438
Other 34   34 5   683 81   20 16         327

Not many places to wrestle anymore.  When my dad wrestled in the late 60's I believe there were 320 d1 teams, and most with 18 scholarships

Edited by The Take Out

10 hours ago, Swayz said:

Great news indeed.   Very good for Pacific.   This now makes those two the  farthest west DIII programs,   Schreiner (TX)  Neb Wesleyan, and Ozarks I believe are 3-5

Good tidbit. Interesting. I believe more in west on way. Exciting stuff.