headshuck

Snyder has Jedi powers

The way he felt his IRI opponent’s balance and tossed him aside for the win…

He must use the force tomorrow vs Sadulaev.

Not a big Star Wars Guy.

But the way Goleij snagged defeat from the jaws of victory is legendary.

"I know I'm up 1 with 10 seconds left, let me go max effort on trying to secure a push-outs I don't need I'll be sure to try so hard that my opponent simply pivoting to not go out of bounds will be enough that I can't keep my balance and lose the match"

I was amped for KS and I'm so glad we get the super match again but man.... Dude defended that double/body lock of Snyder so well just moments before to clinch the match . Then does this? Why

Well I believe that Snyder may have baited the Iranian by being on the edge of the circle. And I think that the Iranian figured that he could get an extra point and seal the match. Fortunately whatever the Iranian was thinking, he moved into a position that Snyder was able to score off of. I think that the bigger issue was how the Iranian was to keep Snyder’s offense at bay for basically the entire match. 

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Prior to the semi-finals, Sadulaev looked mortal.  He had a frustrating 9-4 victory in the 1/4ers.  Styles make matches, and I think Captain America gets it this time.

I hope you’re right. But what I’ve read was Sad was injured during the Olympics which resulted in diminished offense. This scares me. 

39 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Prior to the semi-finals, Sadulaev looked mortal.  He had a frustrating 9-4 victory in the 1/4ers.  Styles make matches, and I think Captain America gets it this time.

was a sorta fluky 4 off sad's offense. imo hushtyn looked outclassed the entire bout. 

Call me crazy but I think a close semi where you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat kinda makes it like you are playing with house money with nothing to lose. I could also see a post-Olympic letdown from Sadulaev like DT had. I think Snyder takes it today. People are also underestimating Goleij, he handled Odikadze easily and is a young up and comer for Iran. 

Edited by DocBZ

8 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Call me crazy but I think a close semi where you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat kinda makes it like you are playing with house money with nothing to lose. I could also see a post-Olympic letdown from Sadulaev like DT had. I think Snyder takes it today. People are also underestimating Goleij, he handled Odikadze easily and is a young up and comer for Iran. 

You are definitely entitled to your own opinion, I just don't agree with it. DT didn't necessarily have a post-olympic letdown, he just ran into one of the best wrestlers in the world. Even though he beat him in Tokyo, everybody still knew there was a good possibility that DT was going to lose in Oslo. He snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat in Tokyo. Nothing Snyder has shown in the last two meetings with Sad has pointed to any sort of closing of the gap. If anything, it might be wider.

1.) I don't think we are underestimating Goleij , everyone kind of knew it would be a tight match, not that tight but tight .

2.) When you're an overwhelming favorite to be a finalist and you barely make it to the expected match, I'm not sure the house money thing applies. I think it becomes more of a "man, I was supposed to need to pull a miracle like that out in the finals not before... I don't know if I can beat one of the greatest ever" self doubt, kind of creeps in .

(Not saying a person of Snyder's caliber is doubting himself, just a more likely scenario to me than saying "this is house money I made.it further than expected so I'm going to let it fly" )

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

1.) I don't think we are underestimating Goleij , everyone kind of knew it would be a tight match, not that tight but tight .

2.) When you're an overwhelming favorite to be a finalist and you barely make it to the expected match, I'm not sure the house money thing applies. I think it becomes more of a "man, I was supposed to need to pull a miracle like that out in the finals not before... I don't know if I can beat one of the greatest ever" self doubt, kind of creeps in .

(Not saying a person of Snyder's caliber is doubting himself, just a more likely scenario to me than saying "this is house money I made.it further than expected so I'm going to let it fly" )

I think ppl were underestimating Goleij even the Iranian fans. I asked on the Iran News thread if Goleij had a shot at beating Snyder because I thought he did and someone responded with one word "no".

Edited by DocBZ

I think ppl were underestimating Goleij. I asked on the Iran News forum if Goleij had a shot at beating Snyder because I thought he did and someone responded with one word "no".
Haha yeah a few people told me his style was an issue but I figured points would be hard to come by. I predicted "something like 2-1" . 3-2 fit the mold alright .

He's great at not getting scored on, not much of a scorer himself