TripNSweep

Daily Worlds Thread (Day 4)

7 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

Who are these idiots doing commentary? They said Ghadziev was the first ever world champion for Poland? They didn't sound like they were talking about just freestyle. 

Right, and they forgot about the Gold that Poland won in track and field.

4 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

He was the first ever men's freestyle world champion from Poland. In the context of a men's freestyle final, it would be accurate. 

But if they said first world champion ever, that implies they're talking about all wrestling. Which is what they said. 

4 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

But if they said first world champion ever, that implies they're talking about all wrestling. Which is what they said. 

I did the prep with them. We clearly know it was freestyle. That's what they referenced. Semantically, you're looking into it too much. They were correct for their context. We're not talking about Greco in a freestyle match. Neither are they. I said "men's freestyle" on the PA and on twitter. They had the same intel. They didn't botch it. Molehill. 

Just now, JasonBryant said:

I did the prep with them. We clearly know it was freestyle. That's what they referenced. Semantically, you're looking into it too much. They were correct for their context. We're not talking about Greco in a freestyle match. Neither are they. I said "men's freestyle" on the PA and on twitter. They had the same intel. They didn't botch it. Molehill. 

I guess. They did correct it after the fact.