TripNSweep

Daily Worlds Thread (Day 4)

8 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Basically two ways for Snyder to win:

1.  Just go all out coming forward knowing that Sadulaev is comfortable not attacking for a bit to conserve his gas, and hope Sad doesn't score TOO much before he tires out.

2.  Plant your ass dead center and hand fight (even if you're losing) the **** out of Sadulaev, counting on Sadulaev's willingness to conserve and hope to tire him out that way and win at the end.

Today he did a lackluster version of 2.  He needs to fully commit to it.  Even if he does, though, Sadulaev is so good anyway...

Anyway, he's the only current senior level athlete to have a win over Sadulaev.  Nothing to sneeze at there, even if he (likely) never beats Sadulaev again.  I know that's not what Snyder wants to hear or think, but it is what it is.  Sometimes, people are just better than you no matter how hard you work.

I agree with this. Snyder is fantastic and probably p4p top 5. But Sadulaev is the best to ever do it. 

1 minute ago, Gio said:

As i see it Kyle have big hole at his handfighting, sure it is common issue for most US wrestlers but imho he have to train with Dake or his coaching stuff, only US top lvl wrestler who is good at handfighting. Kyle would somehow learn Irani style handworking he would be unstoppable. His handgame mostly leading to tire opponend or deceive - to leg shot - but he scared to make long hand contact to wrestler who really good at it

He's already in the same room with the top Iranian-style handfighter in the country, Gilman.

7 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Russia basically sent their B Squad + Sad and still won. Holy smokes that is impressive. 

This is not true. They used arguably their top guy in as many as 5 weights. They had B's in the other 5.

1 minute ago, GoNotQuietly said:

The shot clocks were only sketchy if you had the most opaque folkstyle glasses on possible

Not even then. No real level change. Sadulaev never even flinched. 

11 minutes ago, lu_alum said:

Correct.  The points Taylor lost at 86kg made the difference.

You are certain it was those particular points, not the ones at 61kg, 65kg, 70kg, 92kg or 125kg that made the difference.  Yeah, I'd throw it all on the guy who lost to likely the #2 P4P wrestler in the world.

1 minute ago, D White said:

Yeah, I'd throw it all on the guy who lost to likely the #2 P4P wrestler in the world.

well he have 3 wins over that p4p , DT is #2 himself till day when count would be 3-4 in Yaz favour 

7 minutes ago, GoNotQuietly said:

The shot clocks were only sketchy if you had the most opaque folkstyle glasses on possible

Exactly. The first one was the shot clock that was needed to be given, both of them with 1 warning, Snyder made their decision easier when he decided to run around for a bit. The second one he fled the chest wrap, almost step out followed by Sadulaev controlling the center.

You are certain it was those particular points, not the ones at 61kg, 65kg, 70kg, 92kg or 125kg that made the difference.  Yeah, I'd throw it all on the guy who lost to likely the #2 P4P wrestler in the world.
Snyder is no where near the #2 kg for kg wrestler in the world.

Have you heard of Sidakov? Steveson,?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Gio said:

well he have 3 wins over that p4p , DT is #2 himself till day when count would be 3-4 in Yaz favour 

DT was dominated in the finals - it wasn't close.

The single match that could have swung the team score was James Green in the 1/4s. I blame the AZE rubber knees for our 2nd place team finish!

6 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Snyder is no where near the #2 kg for kg wrestler in the world.

Have you heard of Sidakov? Steveson,?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Sadulaev

[a country mile]

Sidakov, Uguev, Snyder, Otoguro, Taylor, Yazdani, Zare, Geno, (insert most recent 65kg big tourney winner)

That is the p4p top 10 in this fool’s mind

33 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Clamored for Cox. Not anymore. That ship sprung a leak while it was still in the port and it is currently sinking somewhere out in the bay.

Snyder is a P4P top 10 and sat at the top of the throne for a year himself. No fault of his own that his biggest rival is on travelling a path of all time greatness. Unfortunately, the history books will not be kind to Snyder if he can't quickly reverse the results.

I agree on Snyder being that good, fwiw.

He is down 3-1 to the Tank now.  He has a hill to climb.

33 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Yes, his legacy as a 7x Olympic/World champion at the age of 25 is still not good enough. I personally will only be impressed if he pins Zare and Gable on the same night. 

Agreed.  He must do it now.

On a serious note, how is that offensive?  Him going 125 and winning a title or three there would take his legacy, which I agree is already cemented, and make it untouchable.  Untouchable unless someone does something like what Kyle Dake did in college, or what Chamizo has sort of done and go through four different weight classes winning worlds and Olympics along the way.  It could be something like:
Year 1 Worlds: 79
Year 2 Olympics: 86
Year 3 Worlds: 86
Year 4 Worlds: 92
Year 5 Worlds: 92
Year 6 Olympics: 97
Year 7 Worlds: 97
Year 8 Worlds: 97
Year 9 Worlds: 125
Year 10 Olympics: 125
Year 11 Worlds: 92

That is unattainable.  If Sadulaev were to go 125 and win there, then 92 and win there, that makes it untouchable.  Period.  Why is it offensive to want him to do that?

1 minute ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

A- squad. Only missing Uguev, Rashidov and Sidakov. The rest were their number 1s. won wrestle-offs and everything. 

So they were missing 3 Olympic Champs versus our 1. Sounds like a pretty major advantage for the USA.

2 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

for sure. just not their B squad. we would have beaten their B squad. 

Can you give me a status report on Pyles btw? Before Oslo he made two pretty bold predictions: 1.) Yazdani had the perfect strategy in Tokyo and still lost. So Taylor was the clear favorite. 2.) Kyle had a legit shot against Sadulaev. 

Luckily I fade his picks pretty consistently. 

4 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Can you give me a status report on Pyles btw? Before Oslo he made two pretty bold predictions: 1.) Yazdani had the perfect strategy in Tokyo and still lost. So Taylor was the clear favorite. 2.) Kyle had a legit shot against Sadulaev. 

Luckily I fade his picks pretty consistently. 

keep tuning into FRL. I'm sure he'll discuss both the matches in great depth. otherwise he's good. I turned him on to electric scooters here in Oslo. real game changer those vehicles.