TripNSweep

Daily Worlds Thread (Day 4)

1 minute ago, MizzouGrad said:

No they don't. Uguev means no Gilman gold. Rashidov wins gold. And Dake loses to Sidakov.

I didn't say Russia brings their other Olympians. Just said if US had Gable, the US wins.  People can go back and forth about who is there and who isn't. 

Obviously I want DT to avenge his loss to Yazdani and Iran is pretty set in their 86-92-97-125 lineup, BUT hear me out here.

Yazdani beats DT next year.  Yazdani goes up to 92 and Ghasempour drops to 86.  Yazdani then wins at 92, defeating Cox.  Yazdani goes up in 2023 to 97 and Goleij drops to 92.  Yazdani then goes after Tank and Captain America.  The two living GOATS of their nations.

1 minute ago, wrestlingshoe said:

I didn't say Russia brings their other Olympians. Just said if US had Gable, the US wins.  People can go back and forth about who is there and who isn't. 

You can only wrestle the is; no way to wrestle the isn't.

3 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

No they don't. Uguev means no Gilman gold. Rashidov wins gold. And Dake loses to Sidakov.

Not so sure about that. Gilman with two more months of active healing (not an excuse, just factually correct) would be a very tough out for Uguev. It's a lot closer than you make it seem. Dake and Sidakov would be very interesting. You have to favor Sidakov but the style matchup is very intriguing and I think Dake stacks up very well. Rashidov would've likely won.

I'm not disputing that Russia's A tam would've crushed us in the team race. That's pretty obvious.

6 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Gilman is a true challenger, I don't think Uguev is a lock.

Russia won gold at 65 without Rashidov, the 2020 bronze medalist at 65.

Dake has lost one of his 57 matches since 2018. Sidakov is no lock either

3 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

The Russian coach was right, when he said Snyder would never beat Sadulaev ever again. He will never beat him ever again. 

never is a long time - a lot can happen that can not be foreseen.

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

Well, if not then Snyder could not win anyway.

exactly.... i think we are putting too much stock in snyder being great to evaluate sad.

maybe you were right in the 1/3 world championship comment... was that you? i cant remember.

but maybe 97 just isn't that tough?

i know i know.. its a tongue in cheek remark.

my point was missed... in the beginning... for someone who is the best at any weight ever, he doesn't do much against great competition until he has a lead

JB would be after the guy until he scored. tied/down/ahead. in my book, thats better. someone making something happen, not waiting for something to happen.

injured or not. and injured quite a bit.

Edited by GockeS

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Obviously I want DT to avenge his loss to Yazdani and Iran is pretty set in their 86-92-97-125 lineup, BUT hear me out here.

Yazdani beats DT next year.  Yazdani goes up to 92 and Ghasempour drops to 86.  Yazdani then wins at 92, defeating Cox.  Yazdani goes up in 2023 to 97 and Goleij drops to 92.  Yazdani then goes after Tank and Captain America.  The two living GOATS of their nations.

74 to 97 and 365 daily tests from WADA if Yazdani bumped up

exactly.... i think we are putting too much stock in snyder being great to evaluate sad.
maybe you were right in the 1/3 world championship comment... was that you? i cant remember.
but maybe 97 just isn't that tough?
i know i know.. its a tongue in cheek remark.

my point was missed... in the beginning... for someone who is the best at any weight ever, he doesn't do much against great competition until he has a lead

JB would be after the guy until he scored. tied/down/ahead. in my book, thats better. someone making something happen, not waiting for something to happen.
injured or not. and injured quite a bit.

Snyder is afraid of committing to his leg attacks against Saduleav. Sad's counter wrestling combined with his rib crushing gut wrench are obviously world class.

Snyder looks lost out there against him.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Snyder is afraid of committing to his leg attacks against Saduleav. Sad's counter wrestling combined with his rib crushing gut wrench are obviously world class.

i dont disagree

Reading through some of these comments, and comments on social media, I think American fans have a hard time accepting Kyle Snyder is not better than Sadulaev. I really do not know what else needs to be proven to get that point across, but I have never seen so many excuses in my life, when someone is clearly better - well except for the Dake vs Taylor "debate" haha.

I think the fact of the matter is, Kyle Snyder is a great wrestler, but Sadulaev is a once in a generation talent. I also believe that 97kg is actually a pretty weak weight class altogether. I believe that regardless of that, Sadulaev is an all-time great, just because he is that good. However, I do believe 97kg being low-key weak, is a large reason why Kyle Snyder has the medal count he has. I know I am not the only one that watches Kyle Snyder with boredom and question how he continues to get the results he has.

Edited by snapspinscore

2 hours ago, snapspinscore said:

Reading through some of these comments, and comments on social media, I think American fans have a hard time accepting Kyle Snyder is not better than Sadulaev. I really do not know what else needs to be proven to get that point across, but I have never seen so many excuses in my life, when someone is clearly better - well except for the Dake vs Taylor "debate" haha.

I think the fact of the matter is, Kyle Snyder is a great wrestler, but Sadulaev is a once in a generation talent. I also believe that 97kg is actually a pretty weak weight class altogether. I believe that regardless of that, Sadulaev is an all-time great, just because he is that good. However, I do believe 97kg being low-key weak, is a large reason why Kyle Snyder has the medal count he has. I know I am not the only one that watches Kyle Snyder with boredom and question how he continues to get the results he has.

The majority of the comments in this thread are about how Snyder would need a perfect storm of events to ever beat Sadulaev again, though. 

To your second point, some wrestlers are just boring. Lebedev was a two time world champion, and Jake Varner won an Olympic gold while being referred to as Varnish on this very forum. 

The majority of the comments in this thread are about how Snyder would need a perfect storm of events to ever beat Sadulaev again, though. 

To your second point, some wrestlers are just boring. Lebedev was a two time world champion, and Jake Varner won an Olympic gold while being referred to as Varnish on this very forum. 

Gotta agree, he should've said, "I think a very small portion of American fans have a hard time accepting Kyle Snyder is not better than Sadulaev."

and without 100% committing to his shot vs Sad, he can't beat him. Very few flurries, slow starts each time out. 

Somehow he needs to make Sad uncomfortable and he just cannot do that. Commit to low singles, only chance IMO.

24 minutes ago, DuckFor2 said:

and without 100% committing to his shot vs Sad, he can't beat him. Very few flurries, slow starts each time out. 

Somehow he needs to make Sad uncomfortable and he just cannot do that. Commit to low singles, only chance IMO.

I don't think he has the requisite athleticism or body dimensions to make low singles a viable option for him against Sad.  He would need to become much more flexible to facilitate quicker level changes or just have longer arms to make up for it.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:03 PM, cjc007 said:

How many leg attacks has Saduleev committed to vs. Snyder in the last two matches?  He doesn't want to go there either.  Snyder was able to use go-behinds to score points AND tire Saduleev out in match 1.