hammerlockthree

Snyder/Sad Strategy Predictions

I assume its gonna be pretty straight forward. Snyder is gonna handfight his ass off and try to get that point, get Sad tired, I assume every shot will be to the hip, cause obviously the ankle stuff went horribly last time. 

I don't think anyone is learning a lot from that prediction but was wondering if anyone had other ideas. Whats Sad's strategy? Be better at wrestling?

I don't think there is much strategy as far as "employing a specific game plan" for either of these guys.

Like Yaz vs DT (Don't gas vs dont give up a big lead early)

I think these 2 are just going to go out and wrestle. Snyder pushes the pace as always, Saduleav tries to score when he can and doesn't force a lot...
Last time Sad did seem to be a little worn down and there were some question-marks as to who wrestled "better" so maybe he tries to do more early but I see it being pretty similar to the last one .

Sadulaev is clearly the better wrestler and normally I'd give Snyder almost no chance of winning but I do somewhat wonder if there is any chance of an Olympic hangover for Sadulaev where Snyder will have more of a conditioning advantage than normal. 

Realistically the only way I see Snyder winning is by tiring out Sadulaev and getting 4 pts or more in the last minute. 

It'll also be interesting to see how often Snyder shoots given how Sadulaev scored on counters last match.

Edited by wamba

15 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I don't think there is much strategy as far as "employing a specific game plan" for either of these guys.

Like Yaz vs DT (Don't gas vs dont give up a big lead early)

I think these 2 are just going to go out and wrestle. Snyder pushes the pace as always, Saduleav tries to score when he can and doesn't force a lot...
Last time Sad did seem to be a little worn down and there were some question-marks as to who wrestled "better" so maybe he tries to do more early but I see it being pretty similar to the last one .

Yazdani has changed his strategy pretty dramatically against Taylor. He clearly paces himself much more than in his first two matches with Taylor. Yazdani used to go out super hard and just go all-out offense. 

He's considerably more measured now and while he doesn't pile up points as quickly in the first few minutes as he did in the first two matches he doesn't fade nearly as bad anymore either. 

Yazdani seems to be in better shape but he his gameplay makes way more sense and is clearly different than it used to be against Taylor.

Edit - rereading your post I realize this is potentially the point you were making but just calling it something different.

Edited by wamba

Yazdani has changed his strategy pretty dramatically against Taylor. He clearly paces himself much more than in his first two matches with Taylor. Yazdani used to go out super hard and just go all-out offense. 
He's considerably more measured now and while he doesn't pile up points as quickly in the first few minutes as he did in the first two matches he doesn't fade nearly as bad anymore either. 
Yazdani seems to be in better shape but he his gameplay makes way more sense and is clearly different than it used to be against Taylor.
Oh yeah for sure.
I was just saying that is an example of a change in match strategy based on opponent.

I don't think Snyder/Saduleav change anything

Sadulaev scores off a counter or two and maybe a turn. gives up maybe a pushout. up 3-4 points going to the break. neutralizes Snyder's attacks with head/hands and chest wraps until the last 30 seconds where he gives up a meaningless TD. Something like 6-4 final score, but never really close.

Edited by GoNotQuietly

Kyle Snyder is one of the top 20 freestyle wrestlers in the world of all time.

His problem is that he is stuck in a perpetual battle with a top five wrestler of all time. Medved, Burroughs, John Smith, Sergei Beloglazov, Sadulaev.

His problem is that he is stuck in a perpetual battle with a top five wrestler of all time. Medved, Burroughs, John Smith, Sergei Beloglazov, Sadulaev.

I wouldve liked Satiev to be in here

Easier said than done, but Snyder has to figure out how to create angles on Sad.  Most, if not all, of his primary attacks are straight on.

I still have a lot of hope/faith in Snyder moving forward.  He's still so young, and peaks and valleys are common in our sport.

Edited by Voice_of_the_Quakers

KS was too tired and not ative as usual because that awesome match against Goleij. That Irani would be problem for both. 
If KS had met with another opponent, the match would have been different 

KS was too tired and not ative as usual because that awesome match against Goleij. That Irani would be problem for both. 
Snyder was tired from his 6 minute match with very limited action 26hours prior ?

No he's not.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dan Gable was interviewed after the Tokyo Olympics and he asked about the Sad/Snyder match. His response was that Kyle needs to take Sads into deep water early. After seeing this match today, I agree. I know that it’s easier said that done, but SnyderMan is going to have to figure something out if he wants to get back to the top of the mountain. Also it looks  like that the Iranian Goleji, is going to be a real threat going forward, so SnyderMan will have to deal with that as well. However it’s not all bad news, I would like to say congratulations to SnyderMan on yet another World medal, which I believe ties him with the legendary Dave Schultz for the number of World/Olympic medals. 

Just now, de4856 said:

Dan Gable was interviewed after the Tokyo Olympics and he asked about the Sad/Snyder match. His response was that Kyle needs to take Sads into deep water early. After seeing this match today, I agree. I know that it’s easier said that done, but SnyderMan is going to have to figure something out if he wants to get back to the top of the mountain. Also it looks  like that the Iranian Goleji, is going to be a real threat going forward, so SnyderMan will have to deal with that as well. However it’s not all bad news, I would like to say congratulations to SnyderMan on yet another World medal, which I believe ties him with the legendary Dave Schultz for the number of World/Olympic medals. 

Of course that's Dan Gable's answer. That's like asking the hammer what is a nail - it's everything to the hammer. 

We need to accept that Russia is a superior wrestling nation and even the mighty Cael Sanderson has zero answers for Sad. I really wish America would adopt Russia/Iranian best practices into our style. 

4 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

Of course that's Dan Gable's answer. That's like asking the hammer what is a nail - it's everything to the hammer. 

We need to accept that Russia is a superior wrestling nation and even the mighty Cael Sanderson has zero answers for Sad. I really wish America would adopt Russia/Iranian best practices into our style. 

You're right - the US has nothing unique to offer to FS wrestling.  That O'Toole kid would be much better off ditching that cradle series.

10 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
12 minutes ago, Gio said:

Snyder was tired from his 6 minute match with very limited action 26hours prior ?

It was first match when someone weared out Snyder. Snyder make his lucky trap at 4 seconds before end but Goleij is truly maked him breathe and almost won it -hardest match for snyder in terms of conditioning. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

You're right - the US has nothing unique to offer to FS wrestling.  That O'Toole kid would be much better off ditching that cradle series.

Did I say abandon folkstyle? No. I like folkstyle and I do think it gives us an edge in terms of conditioning and scrambling. But we are clearly WAY behind Iran/Russia when it comes to technique and hand-fighting.

It was first match when someone weared out Snyder. Snyder make his lucky trap at 4 seconds before end but Goleij is truly maked him breathe and almost won it -hardest match for snyder in terms of conditioning. 
You don't think he recovered from that 6 minutes over the following 26hrs is all I was asking

The only reasonable strategy left after that match is to go full-on sumo and try to win on size and conditioning. Good luck with that. That was a systematic ass-kicking of the highest order. Sadulaev did literally everything better and left no room for even one legit attempt by Snyder even as the clock wound down and any hope evaporated. That must've been the most frustrating match of Snyder's career. What do you even take away from that to go work on?

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The only reasonable strategy left after that match is to go full-on sumo and try to win on size and conditioning. Good luck with that. That was a systematic ass-kicking of the highest order. Sadulaev did literally everything better and left no room for even one legit attempt by Snyder even as the clock wound down and any hope evaporated. That must've been the most frustrating match of Snyder's career. What do you even take away from that to go work on?

Leave NLWC.