Jump to content
hammerlockthree

Snyder/Sad Strategy Predictions

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This isn't true. Partners are the least of his problems. I don't think his ceiling can match Sadulaev's.

Well something needs to change and the notion that he is getting it at NLWC is without objective evidence. His lack of par terre offense or defense since training there is troubling.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Well something needs to change and the notion that he is getting it at NLWC is without objective evidence. His lack of par terre offense or defense since training there is troubling.

Yeah idk how Kyle Snyder went from master of the gut wrench and laces for days into a bland takedown terminator cyborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Well something needs to change and the notion that he is getting it at NLWC is without objective evidence. His lack of par terre offense or defense since training there is troubling.

Also, Safulaev has the BEST gut wrench in the world at any weight class. Period. Full stop. No one can stop it over 4 matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Yeah idk how Kyle Snyder went from master of the gut wrench and laces for days into a bland takedown terminator cyborg

Not sure if you are serious or not but Snyder was never a master of mat wrestling either in college or freestyle. I don't think he scored a single point on par terre at the Olympics. I am not sure about Worlds though. Snyder has always made his money on his feet. If you have evidence to back up that assertion then please do share....I'm genuinely interested. TIA

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Also, Safulaev has the BEST gut wrench in the world at any weight class. Period. Full stop. No one can stop it over 4 matches.

One of the best ever at it. What boggles my mind is how short his arms are and how stumpy his build is. Not exactly conducive to turning big men. He must have hips from hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Not sure if you are serious or not but Snyder was never a master of mat wrestling either in college or freestyle. I don't think he scored a single point on par terre at the Olympics. I am not sure about Worlds though. Snyder has always made his money on his feet. If you have evidence to back up that assertion then please do share....I'm genuinely interested. TIA

You said he isn’t developing any par terre. I’m simply pointing out that Snyder never has had and likely never will develop any turns. He is a terminator in neutral, it just so happens that the best wrestler in the world is also in his weight class at the same time.

I said it a couple weeks ago and I’ll say it again now - if Sadulaev came just a quad earlier or quad later, we would very likely be celebrating Snyder’s 7th title today, or at least a 6th and spewing ad nauseum how he is on the Mt. Rushmore of freestyle greats. Snyder is criminally underrated because of his arch rival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You said he isn’t developing any par terre. I’m simply pointing out that Snyder never has had and likely never will develop any turns. He is a terminator in neutral, it just so happens that the best wrestler in the world is also in his weight class at the same time.
I said it a couple weeks ago and I’ll say it again now - if Sadulaev came just a quad earlier or quad later, we would very likely be celebrating Snyder’s 7th title today, or at least a 6th and spewing ad nauseum how he is on the Mt. Rushmore of freestyle greats. Snyder is criminally underrated because of his arch rival.
Snyder is too one dimensional to beat one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

The gap has widened quite a bit. When was the last time Snyder was shut out?

And where's the dude who thought Nickal could not only beat Saduleav, but pin him?



Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Snyder is too one dimensional to beat one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

The gap has widened quite a bit. When was the last time Snyder was shut out?

And where's the dude who thought Nickal could not only beat Saduleav, but pin him?



Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
 

I don’t think even Tbar would have made that claim…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

Well something needs to change and the notion that he is getting it at NLWC is without objective evidence. His lack of par terre offense or defense since training there is troubling.

eventually it might have to settle in on here that no matter what kyle does, it's going to take sadulaev wrestling a bad match for him to win again. sometimes guys are just better. obviously kyle can't and doesn't think this way, but as fans it's a little harsh to to blame a training situation for not beating the goat.

i feel gross for defending nlwc lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

eventually it might have to settle in on here that no matter what kyle does, it's going to take sadulaev wrestling a bad match for him to win again. sometimes guys are just better. obviously kyle can't and doesn't think this way, but as fans it's a little harsh to to blame a training situation for not beating the goat.

i feel gross for defending nlwc lol

I would agree with you but there were proponents of the NLWC on this board spouting the nonsense that even after the Olympics defeat that Snyder was somehow better now and closing the gap. Yet there was zero objective evidence to the fact. Is he worse? No...but he is not better either.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

I would agree with you but there were proponents of the NLWC on this board spouting the nonsense that even after the Olympics defeat that Snyder was somehow better now and closing the gap. Yet there was zero objective evidence to the fact. Is he worse? No...but he is not better either.

Did he lose to Sharifov while at NLWC? And Mohammadian?

Edited by AHamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Did he lose to Sharifov while at NLWC? And Mohammadian?

No and yes, he was teched by Mohammadian after the move to NLWC. The loss to Sharifov was likely the impetus to his move. October 2019 he announced his move. January 2020 he was teched by Mohammadian.

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Did he lose to Shafirov while at NLWC?

Kyle lost to Sharifov in the semis of the 2019 World Championships in which was in September 2019.  He joined NLWC in October 2019.  The loss to Sharifov was while he was still a member of Ohio RTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Kyle lost to Sharifov in the semis of the 2019 World Championships in which was in September 2019.  He joined NLWC in October 2019.  The loss to Sharifov was while he was still a member of Ohio RTC.

And he was teched by Mohammadian after the move...I'm still trying to figure out what good wins he had after the move. Did he avenge any of his losses after the move to NLWC? Because that would be clear evidence of improvement in my book....

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Kyle lost to Sharifov in the semis of the 2019 World Championships in which was in September 2019.  He joined NLWC in October 2019.  The loss to Sharifov was while he was still a member of Ohio RTC.

OK.  Thanks for the correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

And he was teched by Mohammidan after the move...I'm still trying to figure out what good wins he had after the move. Did he avenge any of his losses after the move to NLWC?

His best wins after the move to NLWC are over Salas from Cuba and Goleij at this Worlds.  

I would argue that KS has improved significantly since his move to NLWC, with his only losses being to Sadulaev and Mohammadian (who was probably on PEDs).  Furthermore, KS had only been at NLWC for a few months when he lost to Mohammadian.  While at Ohio RTC, KS had 13 senior level losses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

His best wins after the move to NLWC are over Salas from Cuba and Goleij at this Worlds.  

I would argue that KS has improved significantly since his move to NLWC, with his only losses being to Sadulaev and Mohammadian (who was probably on PEDs).  Furthermore, KS had only been at NLWC for a few months when he lost to Mohammadian.  While at Ohio RTC, KS had 13 senior level losses.  

Nice Spin...you should go into Politics. LMFAO. Also he did not have 13 losses...he had 11. His 2 losses to Gatsalov and Rattigan came before he even enrolled at tOSU when he was 17 and 18 years old...or are we going by when he verballed to Ohio State as the cut off? LOL. His freestyle records after enrolling at Ohio State and after the move to NLWC are almost the same at 90.2% and 91.2%. And that's after considering  many of his early losses at Ohio State came while he was still in college in his early 20's. On the other hand he was already a well seasoned Olympic and World Champion concentrating solely on freestyle  in his prime after transferring to NLWC and already considered at one time the greatest wrestler on the planet. Apples and oranges much?

 

Still waiting for that objective evidence...

Edited by DocBZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocBZ said:

I would agree with you but there were proponents of the NLWC on this board spouting the nonsense that even after the Olympics defeat that Snyder was somehow better now and closing the gap. Yet there was zero objective evidence to the fact. Is he worse? No...but he is not better either.

psu fans being dumb is a whole other thing lol. we are in agreement that he's the same guy before or after. i think he peaked a couple years ago. unfortunately, he'll be grossly under-appreciated because of sadulaev. if not for him, he might have ended up having an argument for goat himself. i don't think he's going to make anymore huge gains regardless of his training situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

psu fans being dumb is a whole other thing lol. we are in agreement that he's the same guy before or after. i think he peaked a couple years ago. unfortunately, he'll be grossly under-appreciated because of sadulaev. if not for him, he might have ended up having an argument for goat himself. i don't think he's going to make anymore huge gains regardless of his training situation.

Well, there was a theory a couple years ago (Buckeye WC days) that if he took up parkour, he would become a much better wrestler.  Because Reece Humphrey and Pantaleo can do cool things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Well something needs to change and the notion that he is getting it at NLWC is without objective evidence. His lack of par terre offense or defense since training there is troubling.

Sometimes someone is just that much more talented than you, no matter how hard you train or what you learn. 

Age and Sad's form are Snyder's best bet aside from keeping his own end of the bargain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Kyle was winning Golds, he was the relentless one. He gave zero $#!†s about the accomplishments of his opponents while out pacing them until they slowed down enough for him to attack their legs or push them out. It wasn't slick or pretty. It didn't appear to be a thoughtful strategy, but he was eventually going to run them over. 

Sadulaev isn't those guys Snyder beat in 2015. Based on recent performances, I doubt there's a strategy that will beat him. I would like to see Snyder wrestle like he has nothing to lose again. But, when Sad comes out pulling his head down and forcing KS to stay in his reach, I'm not sure that KS has an answer. 

I probably agree with @HawkY, all KS can do is get back to what he does well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

You said he isn’t developing any par terre. I’m simply pointing out that Snyder never has had and likely never will develop any turns. He is a terminator in neutral, it just so happens that the best wrestler in the world is also in his weight class at the same time.

I said it a couple weeks ago and I’ll say it again now - if Sadulaev came just a quad earlier or quad later, we would very likely be celebrating Snyder’s 7th title today, or at least a 6th and spewing ad nauseum how he is on the Mt. Rushmore of freestyle greats. Snyder is criminally underrated because of his arch rival.

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...