wrestlingnerd

Sadulaev is the best I've ever seen

21 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Burroughs and Dake would smash McIlravy - legit could see a tech, and he was a stud. Banach would lose >75% of the time but would also definitely pin Snyder at least once because he can’t always stop upper body and is the only p4p king that is simultaneously a JV turtle.

McIlravy competed at a freestyle weight class lower than Burroughs and Dake, so yeah...that could happen. 11 lbs difference. Either one cuts to 151.8...Mac runs up the score because they are too dehydrated to tie their shoe-laces.

Lou Banach was up and down-mostly up...but with strength to match or surpass Sadulaev.  I'm not saying that Sweet Lou beats Sadulaev more than he beats him.

I'm going to call these matches vs Snyder a horse apiece. Lou was heads and tails better than Snyder's domestic opponents ( read- pin every one of them), and was a smart wrestler, as  he was typically out-weighed by 50 lbs by his more elite NCAA competition. He could hustle around guys who took a bad shot too.

JV Turtle hahahha...that's gold!

Edited by BadgerMon

On 10/7/2021 at 5:38 PM, BadgerMon said:

Kenny Monday made 3 Olympic Teams, living on a shoestring budget! His worst showing is still better than Burrough's worst of 2 trips- see Rio. And he had the separated elbow in his second final. He also pushed Arsen Fadzaev ( one of the entire World's all time greats) back down to 149.5 after owning him in a World Championship final.

I agree with but he hardly owned Fadzaev. In fact it reminded me a lot of when Snyder beat Sad the first time around. Everyone looking knew Sad was the better wrestler. If Fadzaev had committed to 74kg he would have owned the weight.  

10 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

I agree with but he hardly owned Fadzaev. In fact it reminded me a lot of when Snyder beat Sad the first time around. Everyone looking knew Sad was the better wrestler. If Fadzaev had committed to 74kg he would have owned the weight.  

BigTime,,,watch the match again. Arsen never was in it...Kenny was too big, too fast, too strong.

9 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

McIlravy competed at a freestyle weight class lower than Burroughs and Dake, so yeah...that could happen. 11 lbs difference. Either one cuts to 151.8...Mac runs up the score because they are too dehydrated to tie their shoe-laces.

Lou Banach was up and down-mostly up...but with strength to match or surpass Sadulaev.  I'm not saying that Sweet Lou beats Sadulaev more than he beats him.

I'm going to call these matches vs Snyder a horse apiece. Lou was heads and tails better than Snyder's domestic opponents ( read- pin every one of them), and was a smart wrestler, as  he was typically out-weighed by 50 lbs by his more elite NCAA competition. He could hustle around guys who took a bad shot too.

JV Turtle hahahha...that's gold!

Great post.

McIlravy is more comparable to Green, whom he would smash.

Neither Dake, nor Burroughs is good enough that they would "easily tech" Mac up at 74 or 79 kg.  Can either be counted on for a tech against a top three guy?  If anything, Dake should be worried about a tech.  McIlravy is better credentialed than BLR was.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Great post.

McIlravy is more comparable to Green, whom he would smash.

Neither Dake, nor Burroughs is good enough that they would "easily tech" Mac up at 74 or 79 kg.  Can either be counted on for a tech against a top three guy?  If anything, Dake should be worried about a tech.  McIlravy is better credentialed than BLR was.

McIlravy would tech Green before the end of the first. He was, as I previously mentioned, a stud. But not at the level of Dake or JB which is not a slight against him. Dake has had one bad match in the last what 6ish years? It just couldn't have come at a worse time. His only losses have been olympics, Yarygin finals, Cox up two weights at 86 (and still took a match!), and JB.  McIlravy was a solid two time bronze medalist but took quite a few boot-scooting losses along the way.

21 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

McIlravy would tech Green before the end of the first. He was, as I previously mentioned, a stud. But not at the level of Dake or JB which is not a slight against him. Dake has had one bad match in the last what 6ish years? It just couldn't have come at a worse time. His only losses have been olympics, Yarygin finals, Cox up two weights at 86 (and still took a match!), and JB.  McIlravy was a solid two time bronze medalist but took quite a few boot-scooting losses along the way.

Silver and two bronze.  

Mac retired from the sport at 26.  I don't think Dake made his first world team until 26 or 27.  Different eras.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:28 PM, bnwtwg said:

Mac had some concussion issues...he was/is a MAN

On 10/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, bnwtwg said:

McIlravy is not teching Green. Not even close.

Also, Dake is a great wrestler -- he really is -- but he's not superhuman.  He's had a few bad matches in the last six years:

• teched by JB in 2015.
  • lost 1-9 to Mahamedau in 2016 (up a weight).
  • lost 1-8 to J'Den in 2016 (up a weight).
  • lost 1-8 to Gadzhimagomedov in 2018.
  • teched by Kadimagomedov in 2021. 

Dake, of course, came back and teched Gadzhimagomedov less than a year after losing to him, and I suspect he might beat Kadimagomedov if they wrestled again.

Edited by Katie