denger

Women's Team Score

20 hours ago, Mike Parrish said:

I'll make a bold prediction: 53kgs is where we have a breakout performance in the next few years...

I might be biased.

I hope you are right, but respectfully, I think your bias clouds your judgment.  Japan had Mukaida win gold in the Tokyo Olympics at 53kg and she is only 24 years old.  They just entered Fujinami in Worlds, and she teched her way through the tournament and was unscored upon.  Fujinami is only 18 years old and was unranked in Japan as of 2020.  Japan probably has 3 of the top 5 females at 53kg, with Pang from China and Pak from N. Korea being the non-Japanese females I would have in my top 5.  

This is not a weight where I see us breaking through, as our #1 lost at the Olympics not only to Pang, but also to the Belarussian.  Maybe your daughter is part of the 18 year old phenom group with Welker, Amit, and the Blaydes sisters, and she will prove me wrong.  But the future at this weight is clearly Mukaida and Pang for the next couple of years, and then I see Fujinami taking over for a long, long time.  

I'll make a bold prediction: 53kgs is where we have a breakout performance in the next few years...
I might be biased.
Most biased poster there ever was and I love it.
Parents supporting their kids always gets a kudos.
I know you know you're wrong but maybe just maybe you can speak it into existence.

8 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I know you know you're wrong but maybe just maybe you can speak it into existence.

It worked for Lavar Ball and AJ Ferrari's dad, so you never know.

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Let's put a pin in this topic and revisit it in April at the US Open.

It worked for Lavar Ball and AJ Ferrari's dad, so you never know.

Hahhah so true.

Me and Mikey 2-Dope (@Mike Parrish )

Went back and forth on FB about Jacarra having 0 chance to make the finals and Mukaida and Pang clearly being the most likely finalist .

Love how involved he is.

But I think he sees too much of our girls domestically and puts on blinders to the rest of the world.

But like Lavar says . #NeverLost

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Hahhah so true.

Went back and forth on FB about Jacarra having 0 chance to make the finals and Mukaida and Pang clearly being the most likely finalist .

Love how involved he is.

But I think he sees too much of our girls domestically and puts on blinders to the rest of the world.

Seen many a parent on many a message board, and it usually ends poorly for them with respect to their expectations about their kid.  I've never heard of his daughter, but no matter how much of a prodigy she is, I have a hard time seeing her beat Fujimani, who just teched her way through Worlds at 18 years old, or Mukaida, the reigning Olympic champion who will be 27 by Paris 2024.  Like he said, I guess we'll see how she does at the US Open in April...

6 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Seen many a parent on many a message board, and it usually ends poorly for them with respect to their expectations about their kid.  I've never heard of his daughter, but no matter how much of a prodigy she is, I have a hard time seeing her beat Fujimani, who just teched her way through Worlds at 18 years old, or Mukaida, the reigning Olympic champion who will be 27 by Paris 2024.  Like he said, I guess we'll see how she does at the US Open in April...

Against Japan, Dom's wrestled Mukaida, Okuno, Igarashi twice, Mochizuki...

It's an uphill battle, no doubt.

She'll be training down in AZ with Sunkist. I think we're going to see some upgrades.

8 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Hahhah so true.

Love how involved he is.

I've been to three U23 world championships.

I got an education there.

10 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Ill be stoked when she makes the team in 2024

My wife's cousin might have something to say about that. She's fast tracking her immigration and could be a citizen by then. If that happens, it's going to be a big surprise for anyone at 53. 

My wife's cousin might have something to say about that. She's fast tracking her immigration and could be a citizen by then. If that happens, it's going to be a big surprise for anyone at 53. 
I'll be stoked when any of our family members (minus Blue dragons) makes the team ;)

1 minute ago, spladle08 said:
3 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I'll be stoked when any of our family members (minus Blue dragons) makes the team ;)

It's an interesting story. She's actually Hungarian but ethnically Romanian, and because of that, among other things, they don't select her for tournaments or anything despite her being good enough. She actually went to Moldova to train and when she went back to Hungary they told her she couldn't do that anymore or else they'd kick her out of the training center forever. She briefly came to America and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it. I was doing a wrestling class at an MMA gym and we had a couple of guys who were good wrestlers in high school there, and one of them had been a match away from being an AA in Fargo. Anyway they decided to go par terre, a mistake to let her on top, and she fractured two of his ribs with her gut and gave him a bruise that was still there months later. If a girl who is around 57ish has enough horsepower to manhandle somebody who is about 70-75 like that, it would be kind of scary to think what might happen if she wrestled at 53, which is her intention. 

It's an interesting story. She's actually Hungarian but ethnically Romanian, and because of that, among other things, they don't select her for tournaments or anything despite her being good enough. She actually went to Moldova to train and when she went back to Hungary they told her she couldn't do that anymore or else they'd kick her out of the training center forever. She briefly came to America and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I'd never have believed it. I was doing a wrestling class at an MMA gym and we had a couple of guys who were good wrestlers in high school there, and one of them had been a match away from being an AA in Fargo. Anyway they decided to go par terre, a mistake to let her on top, and she fractured two of his ribs with her gut and gave him a bruise that was still there months later. If a girl who is around 57ish has enough horsepower to manhandle somebody who is about 70-75 like that, it would be kind of scary to think what might happen if she wrestled at 53, which is her intention. 
This is a wonderful story!
If she comes in and can compete at a very high level, she's going to gain a lot of fans real quick.

Seems like prime material for one of these Flo documentaries. And I for 1 would watch it!

Keep us posted with the relocation process

9 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

This is a wonderful story!
If she comes in and can compete at a very high level, she's going to gain a lot of fans real quick.

Seems like prime material for one of these Flo documentaries. And I for 1 would watch it!

Keep us posted with the relocation process

It's in the hands of USCIS. I wouldn't want to let her on top of me in par terre though. Once I saw that, I promised myself it'll never happen with me. Not just the gut but everything. Very Brands like with her approach, if she can't turn you, you're going to feel very bad and possibly feel like you're being suffocated. Nothing nice about it.