nom

Sick and tired - No more of this BS 'learning'

Just listened to today's FRL - had a snippet from J'Den Cox's interview post his loss.  J'Den saying that he needs to have more offense in his match.  Get attacks off earlier.

WTF!!!!

I'm SICK AND TIRED OF THIS ASININE 'LEARNING' ... NO FREAKING CRAP!!  

J'Den isn't the only one to use this line, he is just the most recent.  

IT IS NO LONGER ALLOWED.  NO MORE!  YOU FREAKING KNOW YOU NEED TO DO IT BEFORE YOU GET ON THE MAT... 

Next time say - I know what I'm supposed to do but for some stupid reason I am unable to do it.  I need to figure out why I am so freaking afraid of taking risk earlier in the match.  I apparently have no faith in my own abilities.  I have a mental block that needs remediation.

Again, I'm using J'Den as an example here.  I've heard plenty of others do it.  Including Gilman.  Guess what ... Gilman has actually done something about it.  All you other guys that want to compete for the US ... the lesson has been learned by many others before you.  And some of them fixed it!

YOU are not so stupid, so thick, so unable to comprehend that you can actually pretend that this is something that you haven't already known or figured out.  It is NOW OFF LIMITS AS A LEARNING.    OFF LIMITS!!  

2 things.

1.) It's funny you chose Gilman who (after winning) said, I'm still learning how to win wrestling matches that's something I struggle with.

2.) (And I didn't listen to Jdens interview)
You basically hated on him "learning" And then explained he should've said he knew what he needed to do but needs to learn why he's not doing it.... Which is essentially the same thing.

I've never stood across from another prime physical specimen on a world stage with the expectations of a nation on me.... So I personally can't speak on why they don't want to take risks early at the biggest tournaments, only speculate

If it is not easy, then talk about isn't easy about it ... setups need work, something ... not that they need to attack earlier.  OF COURSE YOU DO!!  That is not a learning that is allowed any more!!  GO DEEPER and fix it!

I'm having a bit of fun with this ... but I am getting very annoyed with this 'learning' (I'm trying not to use the word 'excuse' as it doesn't seem quite right).

11 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

2 things.

1.) It's funny you chose Gilman who (after winning) said, I'm still learning how to win wrestling matches that's something I struggle with.

2.) (And I didn't listen to Jdens interview)
You basically hated on him "learning" And then explained he should've said he knew what he needed to do but needs to learn why he's not doing it.... Which is essentially the same thing.

I've never stood across from another prime physical specimen on a world stage with the expectations of a nation on me.... So I personally can't speak on why they don't want to take risks early at the biggest tournaments, only speculate

Are the semis early? This has been going on for years... and he's said it before.  

P.S.  I don't think the hopes and expectations of an entire nation are on him.

3 minutes ago, nom said:

If it is not easy, then talk about isn't easy about it ... setups need work, something ... not that they need to attack earlier.  OF COURSE YOU DO!!  That is not a learning that is allowed any more!!  GO DEEPER and fix it!

I'm having a bit of fun with this ... but I am getting very annoyed with this 'learning' (I'm trying not to use the word 'excuse' as it doesn't seem quite right).

Hold on a second.... I thought he was going to "unleash the wrath of God."

and he was our hope to beat Saduleev?

Are the semis early? This has been going on for years... and he's said it before.  

P.S.  I don't think the hopes and expectations of an entire nation are on him.

I think we all hope and expect him to win.

Well some of y'all hope he loses so you can say he is overrated.

But deciding to go out and let loose early is something you have to learn if you don't have it naturally. Just like a double leg you can't just go out and do it, if it's not how you wrestle...

"Wrestle this way and win 98% of your matches but when you lose a match I'm (from my couch) going to say you should've known you needed to wrestle different "

2 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I think we all hope and expect him to win.

Well some of y'all hope he loses so you can say he is overrated.

But deciding to go out and let loose early is something you have to learn if you don't have it naturally. Just like a double leg you can't just go out and do it, if it's not how you wrestle...

"Wrestle this way and win 98% of your matches but when you lose a match I'm (from my couch) going to say you should've known you needed to wrestle different "

I want him to win!  His "learning" cost the USA a team title.  I was there in 1995.  It felt really, really good.

I want him to win!  His "learning" cost the USA a team title.  I was there in 1995.  It felt really, really good.
Lol we're blaming the title on him?
I better check out on this one so some of y'all like-mindeds can congregate

Lol we're blaming the title on him?
I better check out on this one so some of y'all like-mindeds can congregate

He and Yianni significantly underperformed.  Go to title predictions threads.

He wrestles in the first period of the semi and USA wins.  

He and Yianni significantly underperformed.  Go to title predictions threads.
He wrestles in the first period of the semi and USA wins.  

Yes we all expected him to win.

His previous 2 world titles were proof that his style is detrimental to the team.

I'm glad Yainni and DT lived up to potential.

Fix didn't over-achieve at all.

We all expected Gold from Gilman .

The Gold Medal was In The Bag, had it not been for Jden starting off slow. Slow as in giving up a the majority of the offense for the entirety of the match.... The other guy was just better.

We could've won but we didn't. Russia could've won and they did .

It did come down to an individual match you know, hate that Jden lost it .

Just now, spladle08 said:

His previous 2 world titles were proof that his style is detrimental to the team.

The Gold Medal was In The Bag, had it not been for Jden starting off slow. Slow as in giving up a the majority of the offense for the entirety of the match.... The other guy was just better.

Poor James Green can't get any recognition.   Can't he get some of the blame for this fiasco?

No.  I'm actually reacting to his interview.

3 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Poor James Green can't get any recognition.   Can't he get some of the blame for this fiasco?

I felt James Green did about what I expected.

I'm most disappointed in Yianni and Cox.  Probably Yianni  moreso than Cox.  But the Cox fans are very very loud.

Edited by AHamilton

3 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Alright sir
*Tips cap

Yes.  I probably wouldn't have been as ticked off if I didn't hear him say that he needs to create more offense for the umpteenth time.  Oh and "sprawl correctly."  That was another gem from him.

I guess he could get credit for honesty.

Yes.  I probably wouldn't have been as ticked off if I didn't hear him say that he needs to create more offense for the umpteenth time.  Oh and "sprawl correctly."  That was another gem from him.
I guess he could get credit for honesty.
I should probably listen to it.
Always difficult to talk about what you did wrong and what you need to do moving forward, in a way that appeases everyone.

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

Hold on a second.... I thought he was going to "unleash the wrath of God."

and he was our hope to beat Saduleev?

Second time today that I've felt atheism is the correct choice

I'm most disappointed in Yianni and Cox.  Probably Yianni  moreso than Cox.  But the Cox fans are very very loud.

Yianni looked outmuscled and that was that.

I'm not sure what else Green could have done besides break the guy's knees off. He took all the shots and used the levers - The levers just bent funny. 

I think Cox underperformed and everyone knows it.

I'm not sure about Yianni - my expectations were low, but during his loss he was at the mercy of his opponent's strategy the whole time, and he never managed to challenged that. Same can be said about Snyder's loss and Taylor to a lesser extent, the difference being that they lost to P4P best wrestlers in the world and not a guy ranked 25th in the weight class. 

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

....what is happening in this thread?

I didn't listen to the interview either, and I don't intend to. 

Meanwhile, it appears to have devolved into the "who's to blame for placing 2nd to a country that doesn't exist" thread. OP seems to agree that it's Cox.