Jimmy Cinnabon

Snyder and Taylor - need new RTC?

You might be onto something.

Decision losses for silver medals this week and back to back finals in the the Olympics and World Championships clearly signify a problem with their training situations.

A move to Oregon State or maybe Clarion may produce a more desirable product.

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Decision losses for silver medals this week and back to back finals in the the Olympics and World Championships clearly signify a problem with their training situations.

Hardy har har...but how about Iowa, Ohio State, or Cornell?

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

LOL!

Yeah, it was discouraging to see two of our studs get broke. I, too, find the "jump ship" suggestions amusing. I guess the surprise of KS heading to NLWC keeps some of us guessing, but I can't imagine these guys moving their livelihoods away from something pretty ideal just because they got beat by the best guys in the world. 

Hardy har har...but how about Iowa, Ohio State, or Cornell?

Yazdani has a losing record to Taylor including a loss in the Olympic Finals. The margins are always razor thin, and they split this year. No biggie.  

Snyder lost to somebody who is going to go down in history as one of the greatest to ever step on the mat. Yes he has 1 win over the Tank but we all understand that was when Saduleav was switching weights and extremely close either way...

What at Cornell, Iowa, Ohio State implies they have some international success recipe these guys need to search for ?

Dake ? Is Dake's Olympic Bronze enough to lure them away ? You might be onto something.

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Snyder could transfer to Minnesota and train with Gable.

I think this would get KS back to wrestling the way he wrestles best, but I don't see how it prepares him to beat Sad. I would like to see Snyder and Gable spar, though!

Just now, denger said:

I think this would get KS back to wrestling the way he wrestles best, but I don't see how it prepares him to beat Sad. I would like to see Snyder and Gable spar, though!

A few years ago we saw Akgul and Snyder go at it, and it was impressive just how little Captain America had for him.  Steveson beat him with ease this year.  Akgul is a fair bit older now, though, so not apples to apples.

Just now, nhs67 said:

A few years ago we saw Akgul and Snyder go at it, and it was impressive just how little Captain America had for him.  Steveson beat him with ease this year.  Akgul is a fair bit older now, though, so not apples to apples.

I think Gable and Snyder have very similar strengths, which is why I think they'd be fun to watch. If Snyder is going to develop a strategy to beat Sad, and I have doubts that it's possible to do that, it could come from working with someone who wrestles like Sad...which is basically nobody. I think Snyder's best bet is to get back to his relentlessness and let 'er fly out there, which will result in some more lopsided losses, but might have a chance 1/10 tries. He's certainly not going to win conservatively against Sad. 

8 minutes ago, simple said:

Honestly that would likely be the best person in the world for him to train with.

I don't think that would solve the problems he has with Sadulaev, but it might sharpen what strengths Snyder already possesses. 

Well, SnyderMan can always go to Minnesota and train with Gable from time to time, and he doesn’t need to leave the NLWC. I think that NLWC could bring in some guys for Kyle to train with. I do believe that the strategy for this last match against Sads, wasn’t the best. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Both fell short of their goals at Worlds...time for a change of scenery?

A change might be good for Taylor. He has been working with Sanderson for a long time. A new environment and new coach might be what he needs. 

2 hours ago, headshuck said:

Snyder could transfer to Minnesota and train with Gable.

Ya I mentioned this in another thread. This is probably the one guy in America who would help him the most. I think it would benefit Gable too as he's got the young Iranian Zare nipping at his heels. It's never gonna happen but its the most logical IMO. That being said I think most people including Snyder himelsf probably now realize that NLWC or any RTC or training partner isn't gonna help him beat Sadulaev ever again. Sadulaev is just on a different plane and Snyder has already peaked.

Edited by DocBZ

Taylor should train with JB. JB is not going up to 86kg, and they are in similar weight classes.  They also both train in Pennsylvania.  It just makes too much sense.

As for Snyder, his only problem is that Sadulaev is well on his way to being the all-time GOAT.  Not sure anything can be done about that.

16 minutes ago, MagnetBack said:

A change might be good for Taylor. He has been working with Sanderson for a long time. A new environment and new coach might be what he needs. 

That and a time machine..

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

The guy who just had a kid (2 weeks ago) after winning an Olympic gold and lost to one of the best Iranians of all time is probably not going to leave NLWC, and his family’s multiple businesses, after a single loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if he cares about being a champion he will

Taylor does not need a change.  He has one loss.  But he has beaten him before and can do so again.  I think these two may just go back and forth .

Snyder is in a different position.  He just moved to NLWC and needs to give it some time.  Two losses to the Tank in a couple of months should not be cause for alarm.  Now if he stays wtih NLWC and the same thing happens next year, then there might be some sense in this talk.   Just my $0.02.

mspart

6 hours ago, spladle08 said:

Yazdani has a losing record to Taylor including a loss in the Olympic Finals. The margins are always razor thin, and they split this year. No biggie. 

Taylor may not beat Yazdani again.  Yazdani is wrestling smart and has conditioning.  This will be interesting.